PDA

View Full Version : The Eternal Guardian - spoilers

Tyrnyx
06-09-2014, 05:50 PM
I'm not going to use spoiler tags because I warned people

I'm playing a pure chaotic only CK and I want to get past the eternal guardian. I've killed one already with Foeslammer but it was not pretty. Mostly it involved a lot of running away and using hit and run tactics with poison hands and being hurt heavily and regening, etc. It was not fun but I did get a level. Yay.

Anyway, I have the ring but I already knew that wouldn't work (got it for the ToEF). I know you can teleport past him but unfortunately, when I got crowned, I got Mana Battery and despite using a blessed !oCC, it was not removed which was pretty upsetting. I've already used the HMV scroll to clear decaying and worm-sprouting which I also got on crowning. I have no chaos removal now.

So I'm in a pickle. I've thought of two options:

Is it possible to get past him by boozing up a tele wand and destroying the wand (is that even possible?)

I've also considered doing the mino maze for the !oCC (and other wonderful goodies) but as I already have one corruption past Mana battery now and I would probably pick up at least one more on the way, I'm guessing that this would probably not be a solution to my problem.

Is there another method for getting past him?

SirTheta
06-09-2014, 05:58 PM
Mino Maze has plenty of POCC (like, 3-6, usually at least 4). Do it if you're having trouble.

If you are fast enough (or have lower movement energy cost), there is no need to use TP [remember he is slow]. Stand one (1) square away. Shoot a missile at him. Wait for him to get off the stairs. Go to stairs. He will get one attack in when you step on stairs and may or may not get another when you descend - thus be in Coward with a shield on.

Relatedly - if you have to fight him, take advantage of his diagonal movement.

_Ln_
06-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Get a SoFS, summon a GEE in DH:2, level him up for a while and order to attack.
Greater claw bugs work good as well, but you won't be able to get them I suppose.

SirTheta
06-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Get a SoFS, summon a GEE in DH:2, level him up for a while and order to attack.
Greater claw bugs work good as well, but you won't be able to get them I suppose.Note if you kill the EG on the stairs, he's dead forever.

_Ln_
06-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Note if you kill the EG on the stairs, he's dead forever.

Isn't it what the OP wants? Allows to pass through the shortcut both ways to boot.

SirTheta
06-09-2014, 06:25 PM
Isn't it what the OP wants? Allows to pass through the shortcut both ways to boot.Such is not stated in the OP.

Tyrnyx
06-09-2014, 06:33 PM
I mean, passing both ways would be nice, but I hate having to grind for items so a SoFS and a possible GEE would be nice but... ug. That's grinding plus luck. No thanks.

How fast do you have to be to slide past him? My speed is Raven + mid-high athletics + CK speed. Will that be sufficient? I have no modifiers on my energy ( no SLB or related corruptions).

Also, will the wand method work? I really only have to get past him once...

SirTheta
06-09-2014, 07:06 PM
You probably have enough speed to do it.

Just yank the wand - don't charge it. You're only going to drain the charges anyway. Here's the problem though: you don't have a 100% success rate. Which means if it doesn't work, you have to kill extra EG (or ditch him somewhere) then try again.

So, imo, try the speed first. That's got a higher chance of success.

Tyrnyx
06-10-2014, 01:47 PM
Trying to walk past one did not work. In the end (after killing 5 trying various other methods) I just manned up, put the water orb in my tool slot and fought the one on the stairs man to man. Killed him - only ended up gaining two corruptions.

However. When I went up the stairs to the DF shortcut an "old knight" was blocking the path back down! What a pain in the ass! I should work both ways as I killed the only living one correct? He wasn't there when I went back normally. If I knew how to file an RFE I would.