PDA

View Full Version : Garth and potentials

YourMum
06-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Currently I have a nice little elven mindcrafter who has a not so nice little To of 6. This was raised from a mighty 5 and can go no further. There are probably Mist elves that laugh at my puny mindcrafter.

Herbs haven't done a thing, the increase to 6 was one of those natural ones, probably trained from taking too much damage. I've eaten enough morgia to drive Wi to 25 but it hasn't made a dent on To. I used about 20-odd in an effort to push Wi to 26 (done it before, but the latest version was p22) and nothing happened. I thought, ok, herbs are playing tough this game, let's try Garth. Gave Garth just over 4000gp and nothing has happened. I know 4000 isn't much and I'm at the limit but the stat is only 6! Surely I should have gotten a potential increase, if only just 1 point? Does Garth not potentials now either? Have I just got to wait for a PoPT to drop? Don't know I why persevered with a To 5 elf!

Help!

Joe
06-16-2014, 08:32 PM
It is no longer possible to raise potentials with anything but potions of potential stat. Natural training won't occur either I think. So yeah, your puny elf will remain quite puny the rest of the game!

mewmew
06-17-2014, 02:34 AM
Potions of stats and poga work too but they increase the potential not further than they increase the stat. Eating corpses still may work, I think.

IMO removing the possibility to train with Garth is kind of overnerf.

GordonOverkill
06-17-2014, 07:22 AM
And I think it's absolutely great ;-) Makes the weaknesses of the specific races alot more relevant for the game and leads to alot more individual playing experiences.

Booster
06-17-2014, 07:44 AM
Best bet is to wish for potions of potential toughness - if you get ~3 and bless them you that should increase max by +9, after which herbs are your friend. Double check that you won't only get 1 per wish, as I don't think I've ever wished for potential potions

Blasphemous
06-17-2014, 08:20 AM
You get 1d3+1 potions per wish so the average is 3. Of course you only get one PoGA.

littlebrather
06-19-2014, 06:39 AM
Potions of stats and poga work too but they increase the potential not further than they increase the stat. Eating corpses still may work, I think.

Potions of Stats do increase potential. depends on B/U/C status, actually.
Blessed PoT increase 6(6)To to 8(10)To IRC.

mewmew
06-19-2014, 10:52 AM
not in p23
it will be 6(6) To -> 8(8) To IIRC

sylph
06-19-2014, 12:15 PM
I'd really like to see potions of potential *stat* increase the potential by more than they do now. Maybe -1 for cursed, +2 for uncursed, and +3 for blessed, with a further +1 if the current stat is <16?

Soirana
06-19-2014, 02:09 PM
I suggest simply introducing quest which rewards with heap of cursed exchange pots. Current gameplay seems to make rather valuable.

_Ln_
06-19-2014, 03:44 PM
I'd really like to see potions of potential *stat* increase the potential by more than they do now. Maybe -1 for cursed, +2 for uncursed, and +3 for blessed, with a further +1 if the current stat is <16?

I suggest simply introducing quest which rewards with heap of cursed exchange pots. Current gameplay seems to make rather valuable.

You guys and girls are missing out - both of these things are already implemented (well, aside of cursedness part). ;)

Edit: and aside of +1 if stat is <16.

Soirana
06-19-2014, 06:10 PM
You guys and girls are missing out - both of these things are already implemented (well, aside of cursedness part). ;)
Seriously? Where does exchange pots come from? Ice queen?

_Ln_
06-20-2014, 09:04 AM
Seriously? Where does exchange pots come from? Ice queen?

Yes, 3 pots are included in the reward for killing her.

Soirana
06-20-2014, 03:05 PM
From little I've tried in ice domain it seems like one would want switch elven appearance to toughness tad earlier.