PDA

View Full Version : My adom is crashing

divij
06-18-2014, 01:01 PM
hello guys, the title is self-explanatory...my adom has crashed 2 times :(....both times i had promising characters that would have definitely won!!
why is this so? 1st time i was in water cave doing blup quest and i used learn command and the game crashed...2nd time i was in the air temple and used wand of digging to make a path and dropped the wand on my remaining stash and the game crashed....what am i doing wrong? i dont see ne other post on this so i gues its mostly just me? do i need to delete everything relating to preivous version of adom cause i havent.
ne information regarding this will be much appreciated.....good day

p.s. my adom has NEVER CRASHED in the earlier version only this and my computer works perfectly otherwise as well, so i can safely say its related to this version of the game. hope this information helps!!

Eol
06-18-2014, 05:30 PM
HI there! Did you check the issues section? http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?projectid=2 Some known crash issues are described there. Also, it will be more help to post a report about your crash there, some members of team ADoM will surely find your post and try to find the reason why did it happen.
And about char losing - it's really awful to loose promising ones to game crashes, but if you have access to Internet you may find convenient to use public servers - http://ancardia.uk.to/, http://ancardia.us.to/
Automatic backups are created there everytime you press 'S', even if you chose not to save your game and server's hardware works more stable than desktop, eliminating hardware-related issues. Global hi-score list, starsign and stat roller are icing on the cake.

divij
06-18-2014, 08:07 PM
how to you load the save settings for it at the start so you dont have to reconfigur it everytime with the width and other things? thats my main concern that i have to do that everytime!!
ok...i figured that out myself thanx for the reply but im fraid the underlying problem still persists.
how do we report our crashes here btw?

Eol
06-20-2014, 08:15 PM
There is a button "Post new issue" in ADOM Issue managment section of the forums. Then you should choose whether you want to post a bug(that's your case) or feature request. After that you 'll see a post form, when you can describe your bug and supply some additional info like your game version, what OS do you use, etc. It's possible that someone else have aready encountered a similar issue, so it's better to look through all recently reported issues before posting.

mewmew
06-20-2014, 11:36 PM
There is an automatic crash backup in the recent pre-releases, you should just rename .bak file to .svg in your save folder. Or you can do manual crash back-ups (because if the game freezes and you interrupt it yourself you won't get that .bak file), generally automatic crash backup should be enough though.

divij
06-21-2014, 07:30 AM
yeah in my latest game, adom crashed again but when i went to restore an old game the game was there!!
tried the public servers and it has a couple of issues for me the biggest 1s being
i cant 'w'alk and press arrow keys
cant go to sage mode as my f10 doesnt work (f1-f9 works fine for some reason)
minor but annoying lag bcause i live in india