PDA

View Full Version : Second win, Chaotic Dwarven Weaponsmith

Jupe
06-20-2014, 05:08 AM
Just got my second win in Adom, first in prerelease 23. I thought I'd get the second win easy after knowing all the locations etc. but it took me a month to get it after the first one.

Flg linked below

I had very nice start with this character, got precrowned at 8 with True Aim, which I used until the end of the game. Right after getting crowned I found a pair of 7LBs which I also used until the very end of the game, buffed them from [+1,0] to [+3,+5]. I had trouble finding AoLS to go for ultra ending, but managed to get a ring of djinni summoning after clearing Minotaur Maze, Bug Temple, Ice Queen's Domain and Tower of Eternal Flame. After getting AoLS I thought I'd start smithing so it was time for Glod to die. To my horror, the demon killed the demented ratling just as I found it, so my ultra ending was ruined at that moment. Decided to still go for normal ending, even though getting an ultra has been my goal after the first win. I decided to get crowned chaotic after losing the chance for ultra, got Hammerhead and Lightning immunity, Both very nice. Somewhere in the run I failed miserably, since I never found the Rune-Covered Trident even though I had raven birth sign. I did the Blup's mom quest at level 17 after I found my first Ring of the Fish but I guess I was tapping buttons too fast and looking away from the screen once again and I completely missed the delivery. It wasn't a huge setback since I already had a potent ranged weapon with good weapon skill on bows already. at the end of midgame the character became a strong "Jack of all trades" with very powerful ranged and melee attacks and aoe spells to support. I abused my high speed, 7LBs and True Aim to kill 16 Eternal Guardians for xp. After getting so much easy xp the rest of the game was a piece of cake and if the demon in Dwarftown hadn't ruined my ultra ending, I believe I would have had very high chance to succeed in it. Still, I'm happy with the win, had fun checking out the new locations: Ice queen's Domain and the frost giant cave. Also, just like the first win, this was all done in one sitting without any saves, this time it took almost 15 hours.

From the random artifacts that were generated, Trueaim was precrowning, Hammerhead was crowning, Bracers of War, Serpent's Bite, The Boots of the Divine Messenger and Ironfist were from Greater Vaults, Wyrmlance was a random drop, the staff of the Wanderer was from the potion and Far Slayer, Shirt of the saints and the staff of the archmagi were missed.

Flg: http://pastebin.com/9Peg2igT

boat
06-20-2014, 09:07 PM
Congrats. That sucks about the greater demon killing the ratling. Nice work smithing, hammerhead and weapon smith is a great combo. Where did you get most of your ore from?

Jupe
06-21-2014, 03:29 AM
Thanks, I pacified a floor around D:5 and mined everything except the one room and after that I mined The Ogre Cave.