PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Creator's day?

kapak44
06-25-2014, 07:59 PM
Creator's day is a week away. What do you think we should do to celebrate it? A RRC? A challenge? Or just start regular games on that day?

kevintrimble
06-25-2014, 09:22 PM
How about a new challenge? Highest score wins but you have to start the game with the "Out of luck" intrinsic. Would make for a quick game.

kapak44
06-25-2014, 10:45 PM
I don't think a lot of people know how to get it right now... we also have to deal with the risk of permanently corrupting the game.

gut
06-26-2014, 01:05 AM
start a game on the server and have everybody take turns

kapak44
06-27-2014, 04:39 AM
Like that idea. So maybe start a random char on creator's day on the server.

littlebrather
06-27-2014, 05:28 AM
Why not 'twich plays ADOM'?

SirTheta
06-27-2014, 02:10 PM
Why not 'twich plays ADOM'?

This is a gameplay challenge, not an exercise in tedium.

:P. (also the technical setup is fairly involved as I understand it)

Mobius
06-27-2014, 03:09 PM
Creator's day challenge: Send a postcard to your mom. IRL!

_Ln_
06-27-2014, 03:10 PM
Pretty sure that any ADOM game will end much faster than a Pokemon one.

"Zap wand in which direction [123456789?]"
:D
*rofl*
ahahaha
whoops :D

kapak44
06-28-2014, 10:45 PM
How would we be able to do a twitch plays ADOM? Do we have to use special software?

Phoobnahr
06-28-2014, 10:54 PM
what about a specific challenge... I'm thinking "assassinate the Ice queen".
I may be completely off base here but based on Yggaz's words introducing the Ice Queen I kinda get the feeling that perhaps the creator went through a divorce before the resurrection campaign, and as such, murdering the heartless bitch who broke Yggaz (TB self insert?)'s heart would be an appropriate goal for creator's day... what does everyone think?

kapak44
06-29-2014, 12:57 AM
Alright, here's what I'm thinking:

For creator's day, we can do one or more of three things:

Start a personal game on July 2nd and post your progress and death/win. The game can be RRC'd if you wish. No challenges will be done on this game; the object is just to win.

Start a personal game with a challenge like "Kill the Ice Queen" or any of the mission ADOMPossible challenges. The challenge must be marked upon generation.

Start a game on the server and pass it around after several thousand turns.

How does that sound?

_Ln_
06-29-2014, 02:33 PM
what about a specific challenge... I'm thinking "assassinate the Ice queen".
I may be completely off base here but based on Yggaz's words introducing the Ice Queen I kinda get the feeling that perhaps the creator went through a divorce before the resurrection campaign, and as such, murdering the heartless bitch who broke Yggaz (TB self insert?)'s heart would be an appropriate goal for creator's day... what does everyone think?

Lol, except his wife has addressed people during the resurrection campaign and thanked all the supporters for making them both really happy about the community and what happened to ADOM :D

Phoobnahr
06-30-2014, 07:09 AM
Lol, except his wife has addressed people during the resurrection campaign and thanked all the supporters for making them both really happy about the community and what happened to ADOM :D

Well, another crackpot theory down the drain...

alas