PDA

View Full Version : The Arena Master is a mean customer ...

magpie
07-22-2014, 10:21 AM
Anyone ever talked to him after teleporting out of an arena fight, while wearing a ring of the clear mind and a ring of stun resistance?

The dialogue is hilarious:
(from memory)

The arena master whacks you on the head. You are not impressed!
The arena master moves his hands in a mystical pattern to confuse you. You are not impressed!
The arena master brings his knee up and kicks you in a sensitive area. You are paralysed! The arena master says, 'NOW, You will fight!'

What had happened was, I drew a greater moloch as a post-champion fight, and decided to run for it rather than die horribly. Later on, I picked up a stack of 9 blessed quarrels of demon slaying, so I decided to go back to finish it off for the massive experience, hence triggering this hilarious exchange.

Thank goodness the paralyse wore off quickly, or the greater moloch would have torn me a new one! It was a difficult fight even with the quarrels (had to teleport back and forth a lot to continually pick up and re-use the quarrels), even though it eventually netted me enough experience to go from level 22 to level 24.

SinsI
07-22-2014, 01:09 PM
Champion chaotics can hit him back.

Al-Khwarizmi
07-22-2014, 01:51 PM
Now we need to try this with -Para.

Blasphemous
07-22-2014, 02:41 PM
With stun, para and conf, he just gives up and lets you fight normally.

SinsI
07-22-2014, 04:05 PM
...Unless you are also a crowned Champion of chaos. In that case YOU hit him and stun him.

asdf
07-22-2014, 04:51 PM
Try to teleport out from the test fight and speak to arena master again. Should be quite hilarious too.

YourMum
07-22-2014, 05:11 PM
Sounds like a Marx brothers routine

mjkittredge
07-22-2014, 06:55 PM
did anyone see the dialogue from 111?

You talk to Dak the Arena Master.
"Hey you left the arena before ending the fight!
We don't like no cheaters!" Dak, the Arena Master, whacks your head. You are not very impressed. The blow was pretty weak. Dak, the Arena Master seems to be annoyed. He attacks you with a whirl of fluid motions in order to confuse you! This doesn't impress you either. It's pretty simple to see through these moves and avoid any confusion. Now Dak, the Arena Master, looks really annoyed. "Bah! I won't waste more time on such a weakling! And now you will fight!"

Seems the groin shot is a new addition :) even an old dog can learn new tricks it would seem