PDA

View Full Version : You sense the pending wrath of the shopkeepers guild.

FnrrfYgmSchnish
08-08-2014, 08:09 PM
Just finished pickpocketing random monsters in the carpenter's dungeon (including stealing a random bone from Yriggs himself, heh) and came back to Yergius for trap-detection training. Right after his "welcome to the thieves' guild!" message, I got this odd message I don't think I've ever seen before (the wrath of the shopkeepers guild.)

Never had that happen before, as far as I can remember. Does it mean anything? Or just a bit of a joke? I wondered if it might mean that shop prices were increased, but Munxip's seemed pretty low (15 for uncursed rations, 10 for cursed, which is a good bit lower than the 20-some prices he had before I saved Yriggs.)

boat
08-09-2014, 05:41 AM
Hmm no one replied yet.. So I read somewhere that it's shopkeepers raising their prices to offset the extra amount of thieves. I can't comment on the actual message however.

YourMum
08-10-2014, 04:20 PM
that's it, that's the message, just get higher prices supposedly, but i don't know what sort of increase. introduced in pre23 or earlier.

prav
03-30-2022, 06:38 PM
I got this message today. The price of the rations in Terinyo increased to 44 for an uncursed large ration. I remember it being around 36.