PDA

View Full Version : How stupid am I? Failed UNE

warheart
07-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Believe me, I wasn't trying to set any stupidity record. It just happened, and is such a shame that it better be posted here so I never ever forget it.

So I had this awesome grey elven ranger going for an UNE. My first UNE in fact, with an ULE being my only ultra ending till today. Did everything without any kind of problems, I was so sure it would be an easy win (would have been a really easy normal win in fact). Just that I forgot a *little* detail. I had no paralyzation resistance. And when Andy discovered that, he thought it would be better humilliating me rather than just get my hp to 0. So he paralyzed me and kept draining strength until I was crushed by the weight of my items. That cool.

I learned something though, that I suppose it's known, but it was new for me. In D:50 I had to wait a bit to get to extremely corrupted. Decided to read a SoFS to help me killing the balors. My new companion was a balor too, named Juanito. After some action, those bastards got Juanito to critically injured and he panicked. While running, he stepped in a corruption trap and it healed him a bit. Not that it helped or is really useful, but I didn't know that could happen.

pblack
07-08-2009, 10:06 PM
wow....that's really humiliating... lol.

but cool effect the one of the trap. Probably they heal with potions of raw chaos as well. Will test it asap.

Andy Williams
07-08-2009, 11:20 PM
My new companion was a balor too, named Juanito. After some action, those bastards got Juanito to critically injured and he panicked. While running, he stepped in a corruption trap and it healed him a bit. Not that it helped or is really useful, but I didn't know that could happen.

There is the well-known message "The -foo- seems to be refreshed." Is this what happened?

warheart
07-09-2009, 02:27 PM
There is the well-known message "The -foo- seems to be refreshed." Is this what happened?

Ye, that was it :)

Xevoc
07-11-2009, 06:33 PM
I also found out that Andy uses paralyzation the hard way: I had a really strong drakish priest (or maybe wizard, can't remember), who was clearing just about everything in the game easily. I had previously done 1-2 ultra endings, but I had had Preserver, so I didn't die then. But this time, I had no paralyzation resistance and Andy humilated me as well. I didn't take any damage, but I was frozen, so I had to wait maybe hundreds or thousands of turns for the paralyzation to end. After it ended, all my stats were horribly drained, I was extremely corrupted and my speed was near zero and I had also cheated death once with AoLS. Andy let me have a turn, so I could realize the hopeless situation (I think I teleported away, but died soon after), which was mean.