PDA

View Full Version : New artifact?

faradan
08-30-2014, 04:32 AM
I happened across an "amulet of resurrection" in Lawenilothehl for around 90k gold. "What's this," I think, "I didn't know AoLS got renamed." But when I YASDd to a ghul shortly after, it turned up on the artifact list. I can't find any info on it -- anybody else run across it yet?

kNightCrawler
08-30-2014, 05:39 AM
Very interesting...

probably has something to do with August 30, which is the date two years ago that the ADOM ressurection campaign ended with $90,000+ raised for ADOM development

Heikki
08-30-2014, 07:37 AM

What is this? Would make sense if an amulet of life saving was renamed to amulet of resurrection, but I've already seen an amulet of life saving in r49.

Heikki
08-30-2014, 07:53 AM
I just found it too, about that 90k gold in Black market. In identified items list it appears as beautiful amulet. I hope I live long enough to find a scroll of greater identify.

jt
08-30-2014, 09:32 AM
I merged both threads.

GordonOverkill
08-30-2014, 10:14 AM
It is super-great that there are new items in the game and we don't know what they do :-D

I will right now continue with my lithium runner who just reached the level removed from the world just to find out that the catlord was turned into a purple j by a corruption trap! I guess chances are fine to find something extraordinary with that char!

manedhel
08-30-2014, 01:36 PM
Ok, got it.

"You die... Your amulet suddenly glows in a bright silvery light! You have been resurrected! You feel strongly energized! Your amulet crumples into silvery dust."

After resurrection it gives permanent +3 to all stats.

So basically AoLS on steroids.

faradan
08-30-2014, 03:45 PM
Resurrection Day special, fair enough. I wonder how everyone's favorite stairblocking NPC likes it...

Heikki
08-30-2014, 04:13 PM
Resurrection Day special, fair enough. I wonder how everyone's favorite stairblocking NPC likes it...

Likes it very much.. :)

kNightCrawler
08-30-2014, 04:21 PM
After resurrection it gives permanent +3 to all stats..

The stat bonuses seem to depend on B/U/C status -- the amulet seems to give +1 to each stat if it is cursed.

BenMathiesen
08-30-2014, 07:47 PM
I see it too. Its price is the crowdfunding total. :)

kapak44
08-30-2014, 09:36 PM
Has anyone tested it on Khelly? Could be exploited in the future in order to guarantee his gifts.

Heikki
08-30-2014, 10:56 PM
Has anyone tested it on Khelly? Could be exploited in the future in order to guarantee his gifts.

Khelly accepts it.

Dogbreath
08-31-2014, 12:24 AM
Any special message when he takes it? Or same as AoLS?

kapak44
08-31-2014, 12:24 AM
Woot! August 30 = ultra ending day.

Edit: Both posts were made at the same second. Wow.

SirTheta
09-02-2014, 01:59 PM
This must be one-half of the "resurrection day secret" mentioned @ http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.com/2014/08/happy-second-resurrection-day.html. Cool! [or possibly both halves considering the effects].

Heikki
09-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Any special message when he takes it? Or same as AoLS?

"Till then take some of the energy I gained from your amulet!" and +2 to all attributes.

SirTheta
09-02-2014, 07:01 PM
"Till then take some of the energy I gained from your amulet!" and +2 to all attributes.Aha - I bet this is the other half! Nice find!

AgingMinotaur
08-30-2015, 12:03 AM
It seems that characters started on this date always (?) start with the Lucky intrinsic as well.

As always.

Minotauros

Blasphemous
08-30-2015, 08:12 AM
Fun stuff, time to create a bunch of chars to play later.

Scooter Fox
08-30-2015, 11:04 AM
Ha ha, exactly that. Maybe I'll finally have a high elven mindcrafter that survives until CoC.

grobblewobble
08-30-2015, 10:29 PM
Fun stuff, time to create a bunch of chars to play later.

So how are your resurrection characters doing? Mine are busy dying in the SMC because I am too stubborn and keep sending them in at level 7 after rescuing the cute dog.

platypower
08-30-2015, 11:23 PM
So how are your resurrection characters doing? Mine are busy dying in the SMC because I am too stubborn and keep sending them in at level 7 after rescuing the cute dog.

I started another Mist Elven Necromancer. She's doing quite well. ID to lvl 12. Crowned and two precrowns in the putrid dungeon (man, I love that place!). Before turning lawful she qualified for the thieves' guild (for detect traps) by invis-robbing three shops, including snatching the resurrection special from the black market. Been messing around with clay statues after I realized stone golems don't regenerate. Crowning gifts were all weapons, Executor, hammer of the gods and staff of creation. Meh... Oh, and I selected Affinity for Boomerangs and Scurgari by accident after mouse click spamming Alertness. Jesus.

Haven't decided what I'm doing next.

Scooter Fox
08-30-2015, 11:26 PM

I killed off about about 4 or so high elven mindcrafters and ragequit. Not even the one who got a lawful altar in a cavernous level survived. I can't successfully play this combination to save my life apparently.

gym21
08-30-2015, 11:30 PM
My hurthling duelists keep dying in the UD because of mixed vaults. Did manage to get an elven and a dwarf through -- the elf got killed because i didn't know what an ancient dungeon was and got trapped next to a Greater Chaos Servant at L12; Dwarf got precrowned with Soaker so I'm annoyed at the whole game.

Blasphemous
08-31-2015, 09:00 AM
I have started a farmer yesterday, now lvl 22. I don't think it's ultra material though I did get precrowned with Kinslayer which is quite nice.
Ratling duelists and warlords spawn everywhere though... I smell foul play by the RNG.
Otherwise I have an assassin, a monk, a mindcrafter, a paladin, an archer and a wizard saved in bandit town with the amulet generated.
I'll be playing them later, some have nice starting PV, like the monk with 4 or pal with 9.

Mixed vaults are doom and death and chaos. I'm not touching those without a 15 foot pointy stick, or at least Wi:32 acid ball.

_Ln_
08-31-2015, 10:22 AM
I've rolled 5 chars, 3 of them for challenge games: normal human druid, normal delven beastfighter, Fling-the-Bling hurthling merchant, Acid-spit-only drake farmer and yet another barehanded-only ratling necromancer. Played the druid and merchant so far.

With the druid I found out that precrowning normally is pretty much impossible thanks to stupid animals. I set up a huge herb farm on UD:8 and sold about ~250 pepper petals to Leggot and received Wyrmlance. I promptly saved and stopped playing him (he will be later used to test some resurrection theories).

With the merchant I'm hanging in the PC farming and saccing. Already level 11 and precrowned once to receive Executor (obviously).

Yesterday was not a lucky day.

gym21
08-31-2015, 11:54 AM
Mixed vaults are doom and death and chaos. I'm not touching those without a 15 foot pointy stick, or at least Wi:32 acid ball.

Yeah, I'm trying my best to avoid them, but kept ending up forced into them. Had a much nicer run with a high elf a bit later -- easy UD descent full of undead/gnoll vaults, surge of power in the big room which turned out to be Shirt of the Saints, now working on the DT quests and a crowning at L16. Should be a gate closer unless I do something stupid. Which given that I haven't played in about 18 months seems likely.

Blasphemous
08-31-2015, 12:15 PM
I've rolled 5 chars, 3 of them for challenge games: normal human druid, normal delven beastfighter, Fling-the-Bling hurthling merchant, Acid-spit-only drake farmer and yet another barehanded-only ratling necromancer. Played the druid and merchant so far.

With the druid I found out that precrowning normally is pretty much impossible thanks to stupid animals. I set up a huge herb farm on UD:8 and sold about ~250 pepper petals to Leggot and received Wyrmlance. I promptly saved and stopped playing him (he will be later used to test some resurrection theories).

With the merchant I'm hanging in the PC farming and saccing. Already level 11 and precrowned once to receive Executor (obviously).

Yesterday was not a lucky day.

How does getting executor on a non-beastfighter equal an unlucky day?

_Ln_
08-31-2015, 12:29 PM
How does getting executor on a non-beastfighter equal an unlucky day?

On a flinging merchant? Come on, Shepard, keep up!

Blasphemous
08-31-2015, 12:41 PM
Especially on a merchant. They suck with anything other than aotme or executor.
What else would you want for a precrown? What's Bloody Lemon's top precrown choice for a merchant?

_Ln_
08-31-2015, 12:56 PM
Especially on a merchant. They suck with anything other than aotme or executor.
What else would you want for a precrown? What's Bloody Lemon's top precrown choice for a merchant?

It's a challenge game where the only available offence is thrown coins and dual-wielded coins. Top precrown choice would be Bracers of War.

Blasphemous
08-31-2015, 02:15 PM
Ah so that what Fling-the-Bling meant, I didn't get it at first ;)
Then that precrown sucks indeed.

Soirana
08-31-2015, 02:28 PM
Two Aug30 generated assassins both ended in Frost giant caves. Both cases identical - critical hit down to 1hp followed by other attack finishing char. All attacks in same round to same monster.... Maybe I should start smithing up or something.

sweetnothing
08-31-2015, 02:54 PM
Oh shit I missed everything! Where's my time machine?!!!

O mightiest of all gods, Windows Clock, save me, it is your time to shine!

Blasphemous
08-31-2015, 03:13 PM
If desperate, you can grab one of the chars from my ancardia.eu server.

http://ancardia.uk.to/adom_users/blasph/adom.data-r59/savedg/
Two assassins, one will be crowned with executor, one with serpent's bite.
Archer will be crowned with sun's messenger, pal with justifier.

Several other characters, all created yesterday and saved in bandit town ;)

sweetnothing
08-31-2015, 04:08 PM
Thanks, we'll see.

Edit: Windows Clock works! Generated human druid and random dwarven farmer.

Tannis
08-31-2015, 05:34 PM
I haven't played since R23, downloaded R60 yesterday on a whim. Man, the newest ADOM is so polished and gorgeous. And lo and behold, I found a resurrection amulet in outlaw town and learned about this new artifact. Lucky me :)

Got a DE beastfighter about to do the Dwarven Graveyard. I'm not going for an Ultra, but we'll see how it shakes out. This character feels kind of weak so far... need more levels.

gym21
08-31-2015, 08:02 PM
So I have a High Elf duelist who's probably going to win. Level 27, cleared Darkforge, Maze, Water Temple, crowned L+ with Ironfist (bleh). Shirt of the Saints surge of powered in the big room, Emperor dropped Ayla's Holy Scarf and 6(!) potions of gain attribute. The Front Giant vault was very, very tough: I was getting hit very hard in melee and went through all my potions and wands before someone dropped a RoDS and I could wish for rings of regeneration, at which point EVERYONE DIED. My reward was Vanquisher. On a duelist. \o/.

Problems: no fireproof blankets or wands of digging for ToEF. Mine gave out at the top level and naturally the wand of digging was the first to get nuked before I could do anything about it. And my best one-handed weapon is Big Punch. Not really sure how to get past ToEF right now.

JellySlayer
08-31-2015, 08:36 PM
So I have a High Elf duelist who's probably going to win. Level 27, cleared Darkforge, Maze, Water Temple, crowned L+ with Ironfist (bleh). Shirt of the Saints surge of powered in the big room, Emperor dropped Ayla's Holy Scarf and 6(!) potions of gain attribute. The Front Giant vault was very, very tough: I was getting hit very hard in melee and went through all my potions and wands before someone dropped a RoDS and I could wish for rings of regeneration, at which point EVERYONE DIED. My reward was Vanquisher. On a duelist. \o/.

Problems: no fireproof blankets or wands of digging for ToEF. Mine gave out at the top level and naturally the wand of digging was the first to get nuked before I could do anything about it. And my best one-handed weapon is Big Punch. Not really sure how to get past ToEF right now.

If your piety is good, you can pray for a pickaxe or two on the top level. It's quite an expensive prayer, but you should have plenty of cash from the greater vault to build your piety with. With all of the artifacts you have and being such a high level, the ACW shouldn't be much of a threat, even with a minimal inventory. Just use water orb for healing if you need it.

grobblewobble
08-31-2015, 08:52 PM
Alternative: farm darkforge for dwarven chaos knights. They often drop pickaxes or wands of digging.

gym21
08-31-2015, 11:12 PM
I went for Darkforge and got both a blanket and a wand within a few minutes. ACW is very dead, cat is happy, and D:45 vault yielded Trusted One and Crown of Leadership. I'm a bit worried about damage output on D:50 if I use Trusted One, but with the crits from the RotMC it might just work ...

Update: It worked pretty good, especially since I ended up with True Strength on D:50 as well

sweetnothing
09-01-2015, 06:42 AM
Trusted One is trash in the mid- and lategame.

gym21
09-01-2015, 11:31 AM
Trusted One is trash in the mid- and lategame.

To a point, sure. But with Duelist armour penetration, find weakness and a crit source, it's easily strong enough to kill greater molochs and Fisty in melee. Would rather have had a real weapon, mind.

grobblewobble
09-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Yeah I actually quite like Trusted One with a duelist, especially if you have no intrinsic -para. Either way, well done Gym! :)

gym21
09-01-2015, 12:11 PM
Yeah I actually quite like Trusted One with a duelist, especially if you have no intrinsic -para. Either way, well done Gym! :)

Thanks! A super-easy win, really. Tree plus the lucky intrinsic gives High Elves enough tankiness to make the UD run without too many problems, and from then on it was smooth sailing minus real trouble in the FJGC vault (my first time playing on a version with the Ice Queen domain!) and equipment issues in the Tower. For some reason I ended up with a score 50 percent higher than my other Platinum winner despite having about a million less experience. Wonder if Resurrection Day also gives a score boost?

Soirana
09-02-2015, 02:27 PM
Two Aug30 generated assassins both ended in Frost giant caves. Both cases identical - critical hit down to 1hp followed by other attack finishing char. All attacks in same round to same monster.... Maybe I should start smithing up or something.

Third one critted down to 1hp and breathed to death in greater red dragon vault.

I think it is about time I rage quit on Frost giant caves.

Scooter Fox
09-03-2015, 07:51 AM
Fun fact about the resurrection day - if you start on August 30 but not reach the outlaw shop on that day, the amulet of resurrection won't be there. And I started so many characters specifically for this too. :)

And a bonus:

"Oh my, I'm so lonely and need some company."
Do you want to spend some time with Yergius, the master thief? [Y/N]
Someone needs to step up his pick-up game. :D

Blasphemous
09-03-2015, 08:14 AM
I started a bunch of chars but saved them all in bandit town.

_Ln_
09-03-2015, 11:11 AM
K, not a single of my server resurrection day chars went to the bandit town to avoid screwing up precrowns :/

Tannis
09-03-2015, 01:05 PM
My resurrection day character is still trucking along... currently live saccing on an altar in tomb of the high kings to crown. This beastfighter really needs the power boost that comes with a nice artifact. Gear currently sucks and even at level 20 darkforge was hitting hard.

grobblewobble
09-05-2015, 04:45 PM
For some reason I ended up with a score 50 percent higher than my other Platinum winner despite having about a million less experience. Wonder if Resurrection Day also gives a score boost?

I donīt think so. One of the main factors in score is the number of turns it took you (at least if you are below 80K turns). Perhaps you finished faster with this one? Really high piety can boost your score, too.