PDA

View Full Version : Mist elf ring query

Dazed
09-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Hello all,

Got a female mist elven elementalist on the go, crowned with the Ring of Immunity. Am I correct in thinking that wearing gloves negates damage from wearing rings made of iron and steel? She would like to wear a ring of speed (iron) and the Ring of Immunity (not sure, sapphire?) together, and has white leather gauntlets. She can wear one of these rings without any 'impure metals' message popping up, (e.g. ring of speed, no gauntlets) but on wearing the other, the message pops up, even if she is wearing the gauntlets... is the Ring of Immunity not made purely from sapphire?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Am playing 1.2.0, prerelease 23.

LexyBoy
09-04-2014, 01:03 PM
Presumably the ring of immunity is iron then. There was a ring/gauntlet discussion recently (http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread.php/13367-Rings-and-Gauntlets-a-dilemma) which pointed out the oddity of mist elves not getting burned by rings when wearing gauntlets, despite the rings presumably being under the gauntlets.

What version are you playing? Perhaps this behaviour has been fixed now.

Dazed
09-04-2014, 01:45 PM
I'm playing 1.2.0 prerelease 23. Is there a way to see what material an item is made out of?

_Ln_
09-04-2014, 01:51 PM
I'm playing 1.2.0 prerelease 23. Is there a way to see what material an item is made out of?

Elementalists should have Metallurgy, apply the skill to it.

Dazed
09-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Damn, not knowledgeable enough in Metallurgy to examine the Ring of Immunity :(

SirTheta
09-04-2014, 02:29 PM
Damn, not knowledgeable enough in Metallurgy to examine the Ring of Immunity :(As I recall, the un-ID'd state is sapphire ring, so it's exceedingly unlikely that it's made of iron.

anon123
09-04-2014, 02:40 PM
I'm afraid the RoI is made of iron, so you'll have to ditch one of the rings.

_Ln_
09-04-2014, 03:06 PM
This (http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=1786) (and not only iron or any material) really needs to happen given the utter randomness of ADOM materials.

Dazed
09-05-2014, 06:50 PM
A mini update if you will - I've managed to get Immune to Pain, but it seems incompatible with the 'no damage if you're wearing one iron ring', so if I wear one iron ring and the elemental gauntlets, I'll take damage even though I shouldn't get damaged for wearing one iron ring? I guess I'm thinking here that Immune to Pain would negate the elemental gauntlets damage?

SirTheta
09-05-2014, 07:03 PM
It should. Are you sure you aren't wearing another iron item?

Dazed
09-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Ohhh, I think I see what happens. Immune to Pain doesn't get rid of the message but you just don't lose any HP any more. That's confusing. Mystery solved I guess?

SirTheta
09-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Add the message ITP generates under the appropriate section of adom.msg - that will suppress it [if I'm not misremembering].

Makes the game much more playable :)

Dazed
09-06-2014, 08:09 AM
Add the message ITP generates under the appropriate section of adom.msg - that will suppress it [if I'm not misremembering].

Makes the game much more playable :)

Thanks, I added that line and it's less spammy now :) I'll just keep an eye on what I equip in case I go past the +1 iron limit :)