PDA

View Full Version : urgent help required regarding the mystic

divij
09-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Hello laymen and gentleladies,

I am currently playing a neutral crowned drakeling elementalist.
i have been pool sipping and currently have been granted a wish.
ofc i cant save game so i have minimized the window! (hence reply urgently)
the thing is....i have pissed off some people in dwarftown because i was leading the ogres from the orge tribe to the altar for saccing them since i was cursed early on in the game and needed to get it off of me! but and ogre threw a rock at some1...long story short walderbrook got angry at me i have to dispose off of him and his muscular dwarfs.
i havent killed a single dwarf except for the muscular dwarfs
my questions are as follows.....
is the mystic upset with me or will he grant me the ring of ice?
if yes, can he be calmed using calm monster spell
i plan on using the wish for spellbooks of calm monster if this trick works else i will get alchemy
please reply at the soonest since i have to continue the game!!

LexyBoy
09-05-2014, 10:26 AM
If it's just Waldo angry at you, I don't think the Mystic will be angry. IME Waldo is a bit psychotic and will use any excuse for a bit of a barney.

Wishing for the spellbooks sounds like a shit idea TBF, it's one of the most useless spells around. Pretty sure the mystic couldn't be calmed back to a friendly state. Alchemy is an interesting one, not a bad idea for a drakeling. I take is Khelly is dead/saved already?

_Ln_
09-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Mystic can't be calmed with Calm Monster.
You can simply wish for rings of ice if you really need them badly although this is not a good idea typically.

Drakeling spellcaster shouldn't have problems in the ToEF. You might actually want to wish for spellbooks of Acid Ball which will make short work of ACW without any items necessary. Just equip higher metal gear, ready up Water Orb and you're good to go. 300 speed is kind of a big deal.

LexyBoy
09-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Rings of regeneration might be a good shout for the tower too.

divij
09-05-2014, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the 'blink and you miss it' quick replies.
kelly is saved, acid ball is a good idea, water orb regen and potions of ultra healing means rings of regen arent that good!
i have decided on alchemy for drakeing since i have ring of immunity as crowing gift and LOTS of herbs
neways i have to finish the graveward, then will do early game quest for the sake of completion then get the RotHK and phail then check if mystic gives me the stuff.
Wish me luck!!

divij
09-05-2014, 01:42 PM
ok time for an update...did the early game quest, blup, hotzepotle, graveyard (gave me 4 PoGA, RING OF ICE at the cost of 6 Le..damn that lich king).
also i am heavily aged..around 30 years of unnatural ageing!
now i have 27 St, 33 To, 239 hp 249 mana, =oI, fireproof blanket, cloak of invis...i think screw rothk..ill man up on that ACW
also mystic gave me the finger :(

divij
09-06-2014, 12:14 PM
hey guys....something strange just happened to me..
i am as you know a neutral crowned drakeling elementalist.
i just looked at my alignment though and it was C !!!!
i thot this was a bug and was going to report it but then i decided to sacc 1 gold on a neutral altar and the following statements were genereated
you see an ancient altar of grey granite
how many do you want to sacrifice
suddenly a thundering voice intrudes into your mind
ye darest to switch thy alignment after i have crowned ye to be my champion
die for this sacrilege
a bolt of black energy hits you
suddenly some figures appear out of nowhere! a voice in your mind booms:
welcome believer
the 1 gold piece is engulfed by a gray mist and disappears. issrecht favors
you greatly. you feel a terrible gloom being lifted from you.
i was lucky before this conversion but now i have lost my lucky status!
what the f**k is happening?
what do i do now....

Moeba
09-06-2014, 09:07 PM
Maybe your alignment switched when fighting the dwarves? Strange that the bolt didn't trigger then, though.

divij
09-06-2014, 11:30 PM
i dnt think you loose piety from kkilling muscular dwarves...also i was wearing the ring of immunity when the bolt hit me and it did damage...dont know how!
also when i was C i was blessing water by dropping it on neutral altar...im sure there was some bug involved here!

JellySlayer
09-07-2014, 02:41 AM
Divine bolts aren't elemental damage, so RoI has no effect.