PDA

View Full Version : Fun changes

kevintrimble
09-09-2014, 02:06 AM
I think it would be fun to add little changes to adom to make it more fun. Nothing crazy or game breaking just little easter eggs. My ideas include; giving plant seeds to trees in the animated forest could have the tree say "thank you for bringing my baby back." or "not mine" the later causing the tree to be hostile while the former causes the tree to be nonhostile. Giving random rings to black hurthlings makes the black hurthling tell you a random fortune cookire message then becomes enraged. Luring rattling traders to a shop could cause a conversation between the trader and shop keeper on the merits of joining the merchants guild. Anyone else have fun ideas.

Sqrrt121
09-09-2014, 10:08 PM
If you give a log to Guth 'Alak
You give the log to Guth 'Alak. Suddenly, roots fly out of the ground and crush you! You die...
Or maybe sheriffs corpse to Hotzenplotz, corpse to flesh golem or rock to stone golem.

mjkittredge
09-09-2014, 10:21 PM
Giving dragon scale male to a dragon causes it to scream "YOU KILLED MY BABY! DIE!!!"

Blasphemous
09-10-2014, 09:25 AM
- 'h'andling a tree should produce fruit item which can be eaten or used to grow a new tree from scratch somewhere else, if the PC has gardening skill - useful for archers to get a portable source of logs
- investing a ~100k gold into a random shop should have a chance to increase the size of the store and spawn new items within 1d1000 turns of giving the gold; could only be done once per shop
- 8 tiles around Terrinyo should have a chance to spawn a farm with some random buildings, small herb farm and some relevant NPCs - goodwives, farmers, children; PC would be prompted if he/she wants to enter the location just like a normal random encounter
- greater moloch corpses should have the consumption effect directly opposite the quickling king/queen - lowered speed but increased lifespan; wishing for emp moloch with aged troll-like char with food preservation suddenly seems like a very fine idea
- throwing eternium ingots at molochs and greater molochs should make them non-hostile (but never tame them)
- vortices exploding around loosely lying rocks should have a small chance of turning them into a relevant crystal of fire/ice/lightning/acid, to be used as a thrown object and explode in a magical ball like a vortex would; poor man's ball spells if you know how to generate them

_Ln_
09-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Giving dragon scale male to a dragon causes it to scream "YOU KILLED MY BABY! DIE!!!"

Already happens to some extent (without the whole BABY part).

While we are on the topic of dragons:
1) I feel it should be prudent to automatically enrage all wyrms/dragons which observe the PC wearing the corresponding color dragon scale mail.

2) Speaking to a non-hostile ancient dragon will prompt it to offer it a riddle out of a predefined set. Answering correctly results in the dragon leaving a pile of gold and a ring/amulet, answering incorrectly makes it snap at the PC (unless dodge check is passed) and cause the backpack to be torn losing several items outright; naturally, the dragon will also become hostile after that. Only works once per dragon (to avoid Calm Monster abuse).

3) Giving gold/rings/amulets/gemstones can make hostile (baby) dragons non-hostile.

4) Giving white dragon mail to a neutral ancient red dragon will prompt him to acknowledge the PC kill, destroy the item and grant a +1 Strength bonus by breathing on the PC (naturally deals damage if not immune/resistant). Giving red dragon mail to ancient white dragons will net the same effect but with +1 Toughness.

Other ideas:
1) Giving gold to Ruun will make him bless the PC for the amount of turns proportional to the size of donation (only if the same alignment).
2) Huge rocks should instakill vortices on a successful hit.

gut
09-12-2014, 02:42 AM
1. Dragons should be confused if the player is dressed like one of their own. "Why are you walking on your hind-claws?"
2. Rewarding predefined riddle answers is like granting extra hp if the player can input the gb link.
3. Giving gold to dragons should make them enraged, as their natural response would be to think you stole the gold from them.
4. Giving opposite colored mail to dragons should be treated like the player is trying to one-up the dragon and so enrage them.
1b. Giving large sums of gold to Ruun should insta-kill him, as the weight would crush him.
2b. Huge rocks should enjoy a boomerang effect when thrown at vortices and thus rebound and insta-kill the pc.