PDA

View Full Version : Who is Stoney Jouni?

bolverk
10-12-2014, 07:53 PM
This is Stoney Jouni, the stone golem. He is hostile. He seems to be moderatlely experienced.

Who is he? But he appears as purple 'Y' as mean to flesh golem.

No Artifact Guardian 8 rocks left of him, but 3246xp of him. Took him with bow. Didn't want to risk in melee.

heavensblade23
10-13-2014, 03:09 AM
Sounds like a boss monster, which is an upgraded version of a regular monster that may have special abilities or drops.

Blasphemous
10-13-2014, 11:42 PM
Jouni... sounds like one of mIRC #adom channel denizens... I wonder if there is any connection.
Normally, all named pink/purple monsters that don't guard an artifact are simply random uniques introduced in one of the recent prereleases.
They don't really stand out that much though there are notable exceptions like invisible vortices and cats that walk through walls :P
Some unique goblins might cast spells, certain angry orcs have a powerful poison attack and unique swordsmen might ignore PV but there's not much of it.
You might want to compare them to the list that is appended to a character's .flg file if you create one.
It usually lists unique monsters that have been vanquished by the PC.

Jouni
10-14-2014, 08:26 AM
Jouni... sounds like one of mIRC #adom channel denizens... I wonder if there is any connection.

That would be me, from the freenode #adom channel.

This is the first time I've ever heard of this monster though, so as far as I'm aware, there is no connection save for the same name. Whether the name is just a coincidence or not, I have no idea. Jouni isn't that rare name here in Finland, so it may as well be a coincidence, and someone just thought that "Stony Jouni" rhymed nicely.

Whatever the reason for that naming is, it's still quite funny to see my name appear in ADOM just out of nowhere. :)

_Ln_
10-14-2014, 10:16 AM
That would be me, from the freenode #adom channel.

This is the first time I've ever heard of this monster though, so as far as I'm aware, there is no connection save for the same name. Whether the name is just a coincidence or not, I have no idea. Jouni isn't that rare name here in Finland, so it may as well be a coincidence, and someone just thought that "Stony Jouni" rhymed nicely.

Whatever the reason for that naming is, it's still quite funny to see my name appear in ADOM just out of nowhere. :)

Well, ADOM finnish player base was always quite big. Maybe someone here can explain why exactly :D

In the worst case (if it's not a coincidence), you've got a secret admirer!