PDA

View Full Version : A few questions from a newbie...

Gavindale Marchovia
11-17-2014, 08:50 PM
I have a couple questions for anyone reading this... in ADOM, how do I buy and sell items? I am in the second dungeon, but I passed a city to the South, and can't get the merchant to take my items, and anytime I try to get something he is selling, I am called a shoplifter! How do I buy and sell? My second question is: In the dungeon right near the beginning of the game, there is a creature on the other side of an underground river, and every time I try to fight it, I die! How do I use a bow or other long distance weapon to shoot this creature?

boat
11-17-2014, 09:27 PM
That shopkeeper only buys and sells food. Which is why you can't sell anything. Try finding another town with a different shop. You can sell by "d"ropping. Once you pick up an item for sale be sure to "p"ay the shopkeeper before you eat anything.Sometimes the shop keeper stays in the doorway after you pay so give him a few turns to move.

Not sure about your other question.. Equip a bow and arrows in the appropriate slot? Aim and Fire with "t"arget. Press t to fire.