PDA

View Full Version : can't delete game?

mjkittredge
11-20-2014, 04:31 PM
Looking to install a newer version. When I open Control Panel - Programs and Features, ADOM is not present on the list to uninstall that way. SO I right click the icon on desktop, go to Open File Location, try to delete it there. It starts doing it then says "You do not have permission to do this" and the deletion stops. So I don't even know what to do now.

I'm pretty sure I need to delete the current version before installing the new one, yes? Any help here would be appreciated.

jt
11-20-2014, 08:41 PM
Where is your ADOM directory located? Did you try to delete the folder after a reboot?

If this fails you can try to run the "Windows Explorer" with administration rights and delete it from there.

And yes, it is recommended to delete older ADOM versions, especially the "adom.data" directory. The latest versions of ADOM have a better upgrade mechanism for config files, so you can try to update without deleting the "adom.data" directory.

mjkittredge
11-21-2014, 06:43 AM
well apparently I can run the new version just fine with the old version still on my comp so I guess it doesn't matter that I can't delete it.

It's located in the Downloads folder. I'm running Windows Vista on this toaster, where do I find Windows Explorer?