PDA

View Full Version : Can some1 explain to me wth just happened?

divij
11-25-2014, 09:14 AM
i was playing a ME CK and all was going well..found a wooden ring on vd3 and lawful altar on vd4...killed jharod, converted to N+ using lawful altar, found and killed BDs till 1 dropped his corpse which i ate....this dropped me to n= so i sacced some gold on L altar to go back up to N+ then i claim my reward of healing spell and head down the SMC stairs i had found earlier. on UD2 i find a C altar and there is a BD who is neutral so i throw a rock on him and he becomes hostile (i am still N+) and comes towards me and in the process steps on the altar and i sac him and then this happens..

The blink dog is consumed by a roaring column of flame! you suddenly hear a thundering voice.
"Mortal ye art a pest."
a bolt of chilling energy hits you! you die...

i mean WTF did i do to piss the god (and which god?) so much...i only changed my alignment 1ce...from C- to N+. in my around a year of playing this game, this has never hapened to me 1ce zzzz...

AlterAsc
11-25-2014, 10:15 AM
Andy god pissed. (Chilling energy is attack of C gods).
As for why? Probably because leaving C alignment for CK involves A LOT of sacrifices, each one angering C god more and more. Although i'm just speculating, can be a bug or smth else.

LexyBoy
11-25-2014, 11:16 AM
Serves you right for deserting your cause :)

Why did you sac on the chaotic altar? Trying to convert it?

Blasphemous
11-25-2014, 12:16 PM
Changing alignment as CK does indeed involve angering the chaotic deity a lot, this is the result.
The only safe way I see if you ever decide to get back to C is to convert yourself first without using altar and then saccing a lot of gold on a C altar.
That should prevent the deity from striking at you.

When saccing on an altar for piety, you need to be of the same alignment as the altar.
When saccing on non-coaligned altar for conversion, small sacrifices convert you, big ones convert the altar.
On higher char levels, altar get converted much easier than PCs so take care.

What happened in your case was this: saccing a lawful creature on a chaotic altar would have resulted in converting the altar to N and a significant angering of the C god (since you converted his altar to something else).
Because your C god was already very angry, he struck you for trying to convert his altar. If converting the altar was indeed your aim, 5k gold would have been much safer.

divij
11-25-2014, 03:10 PM
Why did you sac on the chaotic altar? Trying to convert it?

Yeah...i wanted to status id my stuff as a N character....so i thot saccing a lawful creature on C altar at a low lvl would do the job...indeed it is the best case scenario! didnt take into account the fact that ADOM is a sadistic game that is trying to kill you at all points in the game!

Changing alignment as CK does indeed involve angering the chaotic deity a lot, this is the result.

yeah this is what i wanted to know...it is CK specific...another reason why CK is difficult to play...

_Ln_
11-25-2014, 06:20 PM
yeah this is what i wanted to know...it is CK specific...another reason why CK is difficult to play...

You have a pure-CK win already covered, so I assume you tried a different approach this time. I'm just gonna share my N= gate-closer CK experience with you - it's plain boring. Sure, you get access to most of the quests, but completing the game feels bland aside from (possibly) a new crowning gift.