PDA

View Full Version : Karmic Lizard Tension Room?

grayswandir
11-26-2014, 06:32 PM
Anyone have any tips for clearing out a karmic lizard tension room? I'm playing a human monk, in the UD. I have ranged weapons , but I have so little proficiency that it took somewhere around 15 shots to kill one lizard. I tried bringing them upstairs and luring them into various rooms, as well as the level above that one. However, by my count, there is something like 10 left, and I have no more space to store them. Any advice would be helpful. Any methods that are tedious are welcome too; I once killed the whole animated forest so I could make them respawn :).

Hexedian
11-26-2014, 06:44 PM
Projectiles and spells are the typical ways to deal with them; getting them in a corridor and zapping some wands at them would probably do you good. If there's an altar nearby and you are in good standing with your diety, consider fighting them in melee near the altar - if the fights are too dangerous, simply make an offering to remove curses and dooming.

Other methods that could be useful (by no way an exhaustive list) :
Wands of trap creation
Letting companions deal with them (bones to dogs, meat or rats to cats, scroll of familiar summoning, etc)
Invisibility
Teleportation
Digging around

I'll let more experienced players add to the list.

grayswandir
11-26-2014, 07:05 PM
Wow, thanks for the quick response!

Unfortunately, my situation is pretty hopeless, as I have no wands or spells, so I am probably going to travel back through the small cave.

EDIT: Nevermind, I have managed to lure all but 4 karmic lizards to other levels and rooms. Almost there!

plllizzz9
11-26-2014, 07:13 PM
if the danger level is enough to generate a fire lizard, you can walk around trying to get one generated. then just place yourself between it and the tension room, letting it breathe fire inside. karmic lizards thankfully don't have any of the elemental resistances of their bigger friends.

psy_wombats
11-26-2014, 07:43 PM
The cowardly solution seems like a good idea, just run for the down stairs. And past L13 monks don't need to worry about being cornered, if worst comes to worst can just kick a path to the stairs.