PDA

View Full Version : First ordinary game crashes after afew seconds

GordonOverkill
12-18-2014, 05:58 PM
Well, that was a rather short adventure! My first ordindary run on steam (Thorsteam the human thief) crushed after just afew seconds right after I entered the SC. Had a jackal right next to me missing an attack, when the screan froze and I got a "no reply" message on top of my window.

Dogbreath
12-18-2014, 09:35 PM
Yeah, the few hours I've played it's crashed several times. Once when I just started a wizard and tried reading a book. It's apparently even less stable than r52.

GordonOverkill
12-19-2014, 07:30 PM
Played another hour tonight and this time the game ran smooth and stabile. Didn't come across any new points of critizism as well and my drakeling beastfighter is still alive at exp level 10 :-)

Two positive things that I want to mention:
- The graphics for the star sign sellection are absolutely beautiful!
- The small green icon above the health bar of a named enemy makes blink dog farming ALOT easier and less tedious.

adom-admin
12-21-2014, 10:06 AM
Well, that was a rather short adventure! My first ordindary run on steam (Thorsteam the human thief) crushed after just afew seconds right after I entered the SC. Had a jackal right next to me missing an attack, when the screan froze and I got a "no reply" message on top of my window.

Just to make sure for these situations: Pressing SPACE or Z didn't help? We still seem to have some issues with prompts not displaying correctly at all times which occasionally can create the impression of the game being frozen. We are searching for those culprits.

GordonOverkill
12-21-2014, 01:18 PM
Nope, this one was an ordinary crash. Afterwards I started recording my test runs, so next time it will hopefully be a little easier to recap potential problems.

Joe
12-26-2014, 08:54 AM
The first time I had this it was because I was out of ammo and the prompt didn't show. Make sure to try 'N', 'Y' and 'Q' too when the game apparently freezes, it saves some characters ;)