PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys! There's some new stuff!

Lasher
12-24-2014, 01:21 AM
Hi everybody!

I am playing ADOM again. I never really stopped, but just now managed to figure out how to get the "newest" version. It is .23 I think. Anyways, lots of cool stuff in this game. I checked out the tutorial which was nice, and played on that guy till he died! (Lightning Lizard in a narrow hallway next to a wall.)

Now I am playing an Orc Priest. I found an Ice Storm(?) but can't go in, and I checked out the Tutorial Dungeon but it was a cave! Nothing really in it except an altar on level 3. I couldn't find a level 4 though.

Anyways, I have 2 questions.

I sold some Si items to the dwarf shopkeeper and he felt more powerful? So, I really don't like that guy. Is selling the Si (it was not worth much really) a bad idea to do?

Also, my Mana is really low. I started with 9 points in Mana, but now have only 8 for some reason. And it's not going up. I think this is also a reason why I can't get any Magic Using talents? I have no option for Potent Aura, or Charged, or anything like that.

Is there any way to make my Mana go up? I talked to the Dwarf Trainer but he doesn't offer Mana training I think.

Lastly, who else likes the new version? So far it's crazy. Seems ilke there is a lot of things going on in the dungeons now, so I am constantly doing something. I'm really curious about that Ice place too. I talked to the Fool in Terinyo and it seems like he was married to a woman with a heart of ice, so I think that's where she lives. My Orc is neutral so I won't kill him for causing the Ice if it's his fault. Sometimes divorces happen, and it might explain why he's a drunk now.

Thanks for reading everybody! Have a good Christmas too!

mjkittredge
12-24-2014, 09:38 AM
Each artifact you sell to a shopkeeper increases their level, making them stronger in combat with more DV/PV, and to hit bonuses. It's not a bad idea unless a fight breaks out with him for one of several reasons. A) You have the unholy aura corruption which random scares monsters in an area all around you. If this effect happens anywhere near a shopkeeper they go crazy and start attacking you. B) You have teleportitis and randomly teleport outside the shop while holding an unpaid for item inside the shop. C) you intentionally try to rob the shop. D) a spell or corruption accidentally hits the shopkeeper, like acid blood or a ball spell or bouncing bolt spell.

Some players exploit this to get more xp from killing the shopkeeper.

You can increase mana in a bunch of ways. Many magical monster corpses, such as from an Ogre magi or Kobold Shaman and a few orb guardians will give bonuses to the stat when eaten. There are potions of mana which you should bless first before drinking (and not confuse with potions of raw mana). There is a guaranteed +5 willpower sword in Griffs Grave. Sipping from pools can give you a point in it. Lastly, using up your Power Points and then regenerating them trains mana effectively.

I am quite fond of the new content in the latest version