PDA

View Full Version : How do i pick up items on the ground??

xinjian
12-31-2014, 01:48 AM
i just killed a bunch of wolves (like 20-25 or so, which leads me to believe i probably have superpowers) and theres a bunch of loot on the ground.. how do i pick it up? the toturial didnt tell me anything

also, how do i enter cities or save the game?

and is there a way to quit without using terminal commands?

anon123
12-31-2014, 02:35 AM
',' = pick items up one at a time from a menu
';' = pick one or more items up in one go
Ctrl+P = pick up multiple items from a menu
'>' = enter locations and go downstairs
'S' (Shift+S) = save the game

If you press '?', you'll get access to a variety of help resources, one of which is the keyboard commands list.

Not sure of what you mean by "terminal commands" here. Would pressing 'Q' be inappropriate?

xinjian
12-31-2014, 03:58 AM
',' = pick items up one at a time from a menu

worked

';' = pick one or more items up in one go

didnt work

Ctrl+P = pick up multiple items from a menu

didnt check

'>' = enter locations and go downstairs

it kinda worked but how do i get back up?

'S' (Shift+S) = save the game

didnt work

If you press '?', you'll get access to a variety of help resources, one of which is the keyboard commands list.

worked. but i cant find key commands.

Not sure of what you mean by "terminal commands" here. Would pressing 'Q' be inappropriate?

killall adom. capital Q worked..

this game is frustrating :p

boat
12-31-2014, 04:21 AM
i just killed a bunch of wolves (like 20-25 or so, which leads me to believe i probably have superpowers) and theres a bunch of loot on the ground.. how do i pick it up? the toturial didnt tell me anything

also, how do i enter cities or save the game?

Actually the tutorial explains entering and exiting locations as well as stairs, as well as picking things up. Also pressing ? followed by K will get you a more specific list for commands. Do you read anything on the screen?

Joe
12-31-2014, 08:36 AM
Make sure your keyboard setting are right. Sometimes my keyboard settings are switched to US one by some unknown shortkey, making it impossible for me to play adom because all commands are flipped around. Luckily 'S' remains the same ;)
> is down (and entering locations on the overview map) and < is up on stairs (and leaving locations that have no hostile monsters).

Mansku
12-31-2014, 08:52 AM
Left alt+shift changes keyboard settings, at least on my win7.