PDA

View Full Version : Gauntlets without stats?

McBazul
01-06-2015, 04:15 PM
I have had a pair of blessed black gauntlets for a while now. I didn't have anything to replace them with so I always kept them on. Recently I found a new pair, I don't recall their exact name, but I believe it's "Gauntlets (+0, +0)". My black gauntlets don't show any stats, just "Black Gauntlets".

How come my Black Gauntlets don't show any stat changes, but my new Gauntlets do, even though they don't have any benefits?

Am I misunderstanding the way stats are shown?
Or an I wrong in thinking that equipping the object will always identify its stats?

anon123
01-06-2015, 04:29 PM
How come my Black Gauntlets don't show any stat changes, but my new Gauntlets do, even though they don't have any benefits?

-color- gauntlets are deliberately not autoidentified, because they could be either colored leather or dragon-hide gauntlets. You can try to guess what you have by comparing your PV with and without the item equipped - colored leather gives 1 point (unless the RNG was nice and gave you some [+0, +4] ones), while dragon-hide increases it by 2 or 3.

Soirana
01-06-2015, 05:04 PM
-color- gauntlets are deliberately not autoidentified, because they could be either colored leather or dragon-hide gauntlets.
Shell armor can be either shell armor or spider armor. The former IDs on equip and later not [well, if put on shell armor and it does not show stats it is not hard to guess what goes].

So either colored gauntlets or shell armors are not working as intended.

McBazul
01-06-2015, 06:25 PM
Thank you both for answering my questions again.

anon123
01-07-2015, 01:24 AM
Shell armor can be either shell armor or spider armor. The former IDs on equip and later not [well, if put on shell armor and it does not show stats it is not hard to guess what goes].

So either colored gauntlets or shell armors are not working as intended.

True. I think shell armor (the +2 PV one) should be made to not autoidentify upon wearing it, to be consistent.