PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay questions

blunk
01-08-2015, 01:45 PM
Hi.

I had a couple of questions that came to mind that someone here maybe know the answer to.

1. Darkness/breath weapons:
Do mobs with breathweapons use these in darkness, or is this (darkness spell) a safe way to melee lightning lizards, black dragons etc?

2. Penetrating weapons/crits:
Do they do 2xdamage with no PV or 2x(damage+monsterPV) on crit?

3. Item destructive elements:
Ring of fire protects from ice, ring of ice protects from fire.
Is there a way to protect items from lightning and/or acid?

4. More item destruction:
Can acid/lightning destroy any non artifact item both worn, in inventory or on ground?

5. Curse/doom:
Is it possible to have high piety and pray to get rid of curse/doom or is finding an altar a must?
If I have curse+curse from item are those counted as one and countered by one item with luck?
Is it the same with doom/fate smiles?
Is the reverse same, ie does one item with luck and luck from crowning count as one?

/Blunk

StViers
01-08-2015, 03:07 PM
2. I'd imagine the crit would ignore DV as well?

3. No, there isn't. You can protect worn rings by wearing the elemental gauntlets, and protect yourself from damage by getting the resists/immunnity, but otherwise just make sure you drop all your important items before doing things like dragon vaults or the air temple.

4. Yes, unless it's the aforementioned protected rings

A)Yes, you can pray dooming away, but it requires a very high level of piety.

B) Cursing and Dooming affect luck much more severely than being lucky/fate smiles. Generally if you have +Curse, +Luck, and +Fate Smiles, you won't notice much of a problem, but it's very noticeable if you have +Doom

C) They do stack, iirc