PDA

View Full Version : is this a bug?

Dlightfull
01-08-2015, 07:15 PM
i have Shirt of the saints, one blessed and one uncursed rings of searching equipped, 100 detect traps, but while wandering through the minotaur maze, i never spotted a trap automatically, without having to hit 's'earch.

Is it me that does not understand the way these items work, is it my bad luck, or they don't actually work?

Maybe i should file a bug report?

P.S. ADOM 1.2.0 prerelease 23.

Joe
01-08-2015, 10:17 PM
I don't know how these items work exactly. I've heard that they make you 's'earch on each step automatically but never tested it. Could also be that this tale exist about the thief class power and that these items actually just increase chances of finding traps when 's'earching. Again, I have no clue really.

divij
01-09-2015, 03:20 PM
i was playing a thief once and i found the quickling tree just moving about on forest squares in the wilderness. i think you need a blessed ring of searching to duplicate that with non-thieves.

Blasphemous
01-09-2015, 04:44 PM
Last time I checked (R51) both the shirt and the rings worked properly, including the maze.
I am unsure if the effects stack though, so it might be only a single search action is performed despite wearing both.
A single action will detect ~70-80% of traps with the skill at 100, which is my own rough estimate.
That's more than the OP reported so I don't know what else could be the cause. Low perception perhaps? Cursing or dooming? Lack of fate smiles and luck intrinsics?

mjkittredge
01-09-2015, 09:35 PM
Just need to search more than once. I hold down the key or press W-s to continually search. Then take a few more steps and search again. Or just use a wand of trap detection.

Dlightfull
01-10-2015, 08:21 AM
Last time I checked (R51) both the shirt and the rings worked properly, including the maze.
I am unsure if the effects stack though, so it might be only a single search action is performed despite wearing both.
A single action will detect ~70-80% of traps with the skill at 100, which is my own rough estimate.
That's more than the OP reported so I don't know what else could be the cause. Low perception perhaps? Cursing or dooming? Lack of fate smiles and luck intrinsics?

i had both intrinsics and no cursing or dooming and i had to actively 's'earch for traps.