PDA

View Full Version : "useless" items

fmlrommel
01-10-2015, 02:32 PM
i spend a *lot* of time on the wiki/guidebook and i cant help but notice how many items, including artifacts, are, and i quote the wiki: "completely useless". for example: shell armor. always bad stats, heavy. brass bracers? and brass knuckles. useless artifacts as well, such as the soaker aka sucker or "the black tome of suck".(i didnt name it that!) and especially brass knuckles.... why they rust i have no idea.... why there arn't eternium knuckles.... idk either. i suppose there are many other instances. a whip used against animals, cats per say, should at least cause them to flee. just some ideas ive been throwing around

mjkittredge
01-10-2015, 02:41 PM
You can use a blessed potion of exchange or any status potion of raw chaos to change those mostly useless items into potentially something more useful. Especially bracers or a pile of cloaks. Brass rings have a small chance of becoming ring of djinni summoning. Dip as big a bunch as you can at once. They're all good for RNG fodder too - the more junk items you carry around the less chance of item destruction randomly ruining your good stuff.

I like the thought of 'U'sing a whip to scare animals, or maybe wielding a torch could have a chance to scare/panic some of them.

I would be all for higher metal knuckles to boost unarmed damage and better dv/pv on them.

Also agree that some artifacts could use a bit of a boost. Like that barbarian 2 handed sword that's equivalent to a regular eternium sword. It doesn't need to exist in it's current form.

fmlrommel
01-10-2015, 03:12 PM
yeah i suppose potions of exchange, however this effect has been reduced in the most recent version i believe, causing the stack to create a bunch of different items, which i suppose increases chances for something good.
despite the amount of time i spend on the wiki/guidebook, i tend to find something fascinating every time. i thought plain blankets were useless, but if you put them over a pit apparently they remake the trap for monsters. or torches being used against bees... if i had known that i bet several characters would still be alive or would have lived longer lol. this is the kind of cool stuff i really appreciate in the game. seems completely useless until you think out of the box, or just read the wiki/guide

seriously... if i had known that whistles had a use.... Does not tame animals; instead it calls any pets nearby to the PC

i tend to go on and on... but i also love the B/U/C status of items. want to lock a door? cursed wand of knocking...

i have also notice some talk of plant seeds being useless but they are for giving to farmers, to those that didnt know

perions mith plate needs a buff

Al-Khwarizmi
01-11-2015, 09:09 AM
Well, shell armor at least is affixable. It could be a vigilant spider shell armor of carrying. So at least with priests, I equip it sometimes.

With non-breastplate armor items such as plain bracers, boots, etc., this does not happen, so yes, they're mostly useless. There is an RFE to make all non-body armor affixable - http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2638 - and I think it would be a great improvement to the game, as it would encourage us to at least identify many items that we discard on sight.