PDA

View Full Version : Another run...

GordonOverkill
01-25-2015, 10:30 AM
Just started another run on the Steam version. Gonna sum up my impressions here:

- The break before the level-up is a great improvement! Appears much better now!
- I think it's absolutely amazing that the sound effects disappear when the char gets deaf

GordonOverkill
02-02-2015, 09:43 AM
It happened to me more than once (and it just happened again) that my edited settings for sound and music volume suddenly went back to the older settings without me changing anything.

jt
02-02-2015, 06:22 PM
I guess you are changing them in the NotEye menu ("ctrl+m") and not with the new command "ctrl+nvs" / "ctrl+nvm"? This shouldn't make a difference though... let me check.

Or did you load a different save game? (The volume settings are now stored in each save game).

GordonOverkill
02-02-2015, 07:59 PM
I changed it with ctrl+m and I didn't load anything at all. After starting to play I disabled the music and turned the sound effects down because I wanted to listen to some of my own music while playing. Just in the middle of playing the music suddenly started and the sound effects got loud again. Happened to me three or four times now with different characters.

Soirana
02-15-2015, 11:05 AM
Or did you load a different save game? (The volume settings are now stored in each save game).

From my experience sound changing happens about same time as mess with spell order, so likely connected to backups and hopefully is already fixed:).

GordonOverkill
02-15-2015, 09:31 PM
Just encountered another problem. During a run I switched between the ADOM deluxe window and my internet browser. When I switched back to ADOM, suddenly the screen was completely black. I was still able to hear the sound and the effects told me that I could still walk around, so I saved the game and quit it per shortcuts. Still I am quite sure that this was not supposed to happen.

e: Same thing just happened again.

_Ln_
02-16-2015, 10:05 AM
From my experience sound changing happens about same time as mess with spell order, so likely connected to backups and hopefully is already fixed:).

Can confirm, it is extremely annoying. I've written sound set to 0 to my config, went to check the file manually and it is indeed there.
As soon as a backup happens the following things take place:
1) I'm thrown out of fullscreen mode (despite the fact that ADOM starts in by default).
2) ADOM log contains lines about Steam overlay shutting down and restarting.
3) Sound goes back to 100 instead of 0, while ADOM related settings (checkerboard, disabled mouse) stay put.
4) If I press Alt-Enter, ADOM will go to full screen and immediately switch back to windowed mode. As soon as I take another step, this effect stops (full screen can be toggled normally).

Honestly, I wouldn't mind having sound, but the latest addition of footsteps and monster attacks drives me crazy in about 20 seconds. Have you guys tried it yourselves or is it just me? Weapon sounds were already borderline mind-wrenching if you are cleaning tension rooms or so.

Can we have a menu for turning off groups of sounds?

EDIT:

Honestly, why? If you pass a savegame to another person, why would he want to play it in some other way he configured the game? If you want to use a savegame to initialize ADOM settings on a fresh machine, I guess it's sort of fine, but how often do you have to do it?

moozooh
02-16-2015, 06:22 PM
All of these happened to me too, regularly, and I wasn't exactly happy about it. Still beats the crashes I lost several toons to, though.

GordonOverkill
02-26-2015, 06:58 AM
Just encountered another problem. During a run I switched between the ADOM deluxe window and my internet browser. When I switched back to ADOM, suddenly the screen was completely black. I was still able to hear the sound and the effects told me that I could still walk around, so I saved the game and quit it per shortcuts. Still I am quite sure that this was not supposed to happen.

e: Same thing just happened again.

Just found out that this problem only occurs in full screen mode. Also if I switch back to window mode, the screen turns back to how it should look, and if I then maximise it again, everything's fine.

jt
03-02-2015, 09:07 PM
Release 57 will not store the display mode, fullscreen and volume settings in the save game anymore. It will use the global settings from the config-adom.noe file like in the version before Release 54.