PDA

View Full Version : 3rd victory, 1st in 10 yrs, OCG ending, wow has adom changed (video within)

auricbond
03-11-2015, 04:46 PM
Needless to say, this is spoily. I'll start out with some general thoughts on the game and then describe the playthrough on the subsequent post (it goes over the character limit)

First snip of flg:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screenshot

### ######## ########### ###### ### ############ #
#... ####.###.. #...#.#..#..##...#########.##...#..#....#=#
#. # #.# ..#..####..#...=##..#.#........==#.#.#..=..#...... #
#..##.# #...#..#....#.=##..##.### .##.#.#...###.=..#=...#.#.###
#...=...## #..#...#.##.##.### .####.=#.......#.#.#=###..####..#
##.# #....# #..###.###.....##C==...=###..##=#.#..#=.......##=#
#==..#.=.=..##.##..=....#...=#..# ..#...##...=.###......#.#
##.=#=.C= #. =.o&.#..#..## =.C.#. ##.=...##.=#...##.#.#..##
#....#.#.. # oo.....==##=.# # ....=#=.#.#=....#......#
#.#..#.# ##o.==.....#.# . #......#...=#..#....#
####...=.#.. #..=...=....#. .. ..#.#.=.##.## ..#..##
#......=.=#..##.....#..=## . . .##.#.#=.#..## .....#
#.=...@(#...#..## . . ## .###...##.#[..=...## #
#...=###..=.#....=.#.# . ##.....#...=..##.#=## #
#=........ #.#j#.#..=#...## # . #.###.#..#..=.###=#. . #
#...=...#.##.#..j..j##.%.#####.##.# = ##....#......#.##..## ## . #
#..##...#..= ##.j#.. .#=#.=..=#...=..#..#...####.#...###.## #
## #.#.#... #.=j..# #...#=##...=####...=...##.=.#.###... .# #
#...#..==. #.===. ###.=#....#.#.#.#.#......##...#....##. .#
### ##### ######## ########### # ########################## #
Kinky St:99 Le:90 Wi:99 Dx:99 To:99 Ch:58 Ap:58 Ma:99 Pe:61 C-
DV/PV: 76/79 H: 685(734) P: 711(1764) Exp: 50/33347292 ChAoS Sp: 218
Blessed Bloated Berserk

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Background Information

Name: Kinky Race: female Mist Elf Class: Duelist
Eye color: yellow Hair color: white Complexion: white
Height: 6'3" Weight: 6 pounds
Age: 8303 (grown-up, 41 years of unnatural aging added in)
Star sign: Tree Birthday: 12/Tree (day 342 of the year)

YOUR HISTORY:
You remember rising from the Mists... so long ago. Your brethren
welcomed you into your physical existence and cared for you until you
managed to cope on your own. Thus decades passed.
As a young child you were taught by the elders of your race. They
showed to you the whole breadth of creation and opened your mind to
encompass whatever your life goal would become. Thus centuries passed.
You spent your youth honing your skills and preparing for the
ultimate quest that would change you forever: the trip to the mists of
Destiny. Thus millennia passed and empires rose and fell.
As a young adult your community prepared you for the final step
towards adolescence: your Destiny Quest in the Mists of Time. In the full
knowledge that this quest would change you forever you finally entered the
Mists that birthed you and emerged changed... as decreed by the Dreamers
from Beyond.
You decided to become a Duelist.

Inventory
Total weight: 37324 stones Carrying capacity: 124575 stones

He: blessed mithril cap (+2, +2) [+7, +7] [40s]
Ne: uncursed amulet of light [3s]
Bo: blessed padded elven chain mail of resilience [+8, +9] [10s]
Gi: blessed girdle of giant strength [+5, +5] {St+12} [30s]
Cl: blessed cloak of adornment [+6, +6] {Ap+6} [40s]
RH: uncursed Sceptre of Chaos (+8, 6d6+8) [-8, +0] {Ma+8} (+8 spd) [800s]
LH: -
RR: blessed ring of speed [+0, +4] (+5 spd) [1s]
LR: blessed ring of regeneration [1s]
Br: blessed bracers of toughness [+6, +6] {To+4} [10s]
Ga: blessed gloves of dexterity [+6, +5] {Dx+5} [6s]
Bo: blessed seven league boots [+4, +6] [30s]
MW: blessed elven long bow "Sun's Messenger" (+15, +15) [30s]
Mi: blessed silvery arrow "True Aim" (+10, 15d5) [2s]
Tl: -

After not beating the game or playing it seriously since 2005 (ultra chaos god, and the one before that was a vanilla ending) , I started dabbling in ADOM more seriously again a year ago, spamming the creation of mist elven duelists (I was always drawn to lithe, agile characters and really wanted to make this work).

A painful system crash after conquering the TOEF and the fact that it was getting a little addictive made me set it aside for another year. After two or three false starts during january, I got 'Toa' going (literally I just slam some gibberish onto the keyboard with little thought), later renamed to 'Kinky' because like all self-respecting mist elven duelists, she wielded a whip quite effectively. The femaleness/high AP also helped offset the shop penalties of mist elves a little bit.

This character is a bunch of firsts:
1. first OCG ending (deliberately set out to do this since it's one I've not done, and I'm honestly not that keen on ultra endings... they're weird, cryptic, meta-gamey, and I wanted to see what a traditional ending would be like). Plus OCG are in some ways more challenging once you know how to do both, which increased the appeal. I just convince myself that the champion of law that ultimately wastes my char is another PC of mine. :P
2. First time with a stat of 99 (dexterity) after non-temporary modifiers (corruption, equipment). The RNG was insanely kind to me. I never was skilled enough to try the old exploits back when they worked (wish engine, crystals of knowledge, etc.) so it was just good old fashioned luck and grinding that got me there.
3. First time with a base speed of over 200.
4. First time with a DV of over 100-- when berserk. Over 200 in coward mode. (flv shows lower because I switched from whip to sceptre due to mistakenly thinking it was necessary).
5. First time attaining grand master in any weapon skill slot (and prior to the class power kicking in).
6. First time maximizing alchemy, and putting it to good use.

It was also my first time playing the game seriously with the new music and tiles. The tiles are nice, and I especially like being able to see the health bar of enemies and their friendly/neutral/hostile state at a glance, that's almost a gameplay-changer.

The music is BEAUTIFUL. One epic moment stood out: when I woke Yuglash from his slumber with a ball spell, and he suddenly started teleporting around the map and me taking shots at him, while the piece "path of the damned" started playing. It was pure coincidence but happened to beset the moment beautifully.

(One concern of mine was that after playing the whole soundtrack afterward in the music folder, I realised that I'd not even heard half of the music! I'm wondering if it's playing properly, or is just a bit random. I think perhaps the scores should be a bit more forceful in playing, at least for the first time, on a map. I was also a little bummed that the music was no different upon beating the game, it was identical to death music--despite a score called 'grand finale' in the game folders?).

One thing I definitely don't miss since I used to play is the 'uber-jackal' effect. That's another reason I stopped playing, as we were saddled with the busted 1.1.1 for a long time. I was definitely in the camp of those who absolutely hated it. I still think enemies can scale in an unbelievable manner that can cheat you out of a sense of progression sometimes, but it is very hard to make anything 'uber' anymore.

Another stand-out change I think is worth commenting on is the change to stat potential behaviour, and the utiliziation of unmodified stats when determining bonuses. I think this is a mixed blessing. I've not played a wide range of characters to see all of the implications, but my characters certainly seem to manage. But what if the rng fails to throw potions of potential stat your way? They're now one of a VERY few ways to unlock higher stats, so if you don't get them you're kind of stuck, or at least have to reign in your ambitions for what you want your character to achieve. There seem to be some corpses (mainly orb guardians) that force a gain in spite of potentials, but a great many of them don't (I ate oracle corpse and got nothing, for example). I've eaten titan corpses at fairly low strength (not this playthrough, but a more recent one which I'll post about later) and gotten nothing. It also seems counter-intuitive that pouring money into training with Garth can do absolutely nothing.

On the plus side, I like the simplicity of not having to think about modifiers. It worked both ways: I remember unequipping my bracers of toughness in older versions to maximize morgia root (took me a while to figure out why it wasn't working), which was annoying to have to think about. I'd also do scummy things like sell all the corpses from the ogre village to waldenbrook, then return later with a ring of weakness (which I thought of doing myself, even though no doubt others have as well). At first this felt rewarding, but after a while this became a joyless chore that I did simply to maximize my success chances, not to maximize my fun, so I'm sort of glad the game reigned in my ability to do it, but the game also became less deep for it and doesn't reward creativity as much? I still feel that the system might benefit from being tweaked a bit more, though, particularly as the vast majority of often very rare corpses are useless or hurt more than they help.

Another change I sort of like is the appearance thwarting the effects of chaos. I managed to keep high appearance most of the game and I tolerated corruptions quite well. It's a pity charisma is still flagging behind on the usefulness scale! It does make me wonder how much more punishing the game is though for low appearance races. I wonder if I'm pretty much in easy mode when I play elves, and mist elves in particular. They do seem like a VERY strong race once you compensate for their weaknesses.

Anyway, here are the sketchy details that I remember of my characters' journey...

auricbond
03-11-2015, 04:47 PM
Abridged version

terinyo
smc, grab blanket
puppy cave
Kranach
Lawlessville, bought a load of keys
smc again+UD+HMV
COC
dwarftown, thrundarr quests, left khelevastar alone, obtained atlas spell through wand of wonder (game-changer for these dainty elves and the duelist powers), but didn't cast it until later
nonnak, poured water on griff's grave, did some grave-digging
darkforge+tomb (not sure which I did first)
TOEF
bug temple FAILURE.
ice queen quests
sinister library, acquired atlas book which I bookcast for the rest of the game thanks to the WoW casting earlier. I think I only saw the warning message twice, after some slip-ups in earlier games. For some reason duration was around 1200 by end game despite book-casting supposedly not training it? Maybe it was my high mana score? Also got the weird tome.
bug temple SUCCESS.
minotaur maze (used scrolls from bug temple)
ID dive for sceptre, hoping for an AOLS on the way. I didn't get one but I got a lot of other nice things
saved khelevastar with ROD wish/AOLS
water temple
air temple
mana temple (all the temples were easy by this point)
black unicorn, turned chaotic, nice stat boosts
solved ratling and crone quest, killed keriax on day 90.
converted altar on second level of the frost giant dungeon, scummed the ice dungeon and got a wand of wishing, and repeatedly emptied some conveniently generated shops on a loop route between uninteresting dungeon and the frost giant one.
solved kherab quests out of boredom
messed around in SMC out of boredom
went and beat the game as there was no reason to grow more powerful, even though I easily could have

In more detail
She did my usual routine of delving into SMC and retrieving the blanket, then rescuing or at least pre-generating the puppy, AND completing kranach's quest. It's a compulsion of mine.

She dug in the uninteresting dungeon with a pick-axe for reasons I no longer recall, and a stone giant dropped seven league boots--the same ones I ended up finishing the game with! Normally they get destroyed at some point as I get careless around dragons.

The change to goblin-slavemasters has been a huge boon for these whip builds. I had a whip of mayhem for a while until later on I wished for a whip of the snake. Until she later got the atlas spell, she mostly used whip and shield. She saved up money for some +5 dx gloves that spawned in the hmv shop, which she also kept on until the final battle.

Close brush with death #1
TOEF. I think I'd actually grown bored for some reason after scumming for something in the tomb of the high kings... might be a means of saving khelevaster, since I like to do that even if not shooting for ultra endings. Anyway, I went into the tower very ill-equipped, with only one or two levels of fire resistance, I was taking too much damage. I thought I might be okay with the piles of spenseweed I had, but by reaching the top I'd almost ran out. I think I also tried wearing some regenerating item, I forget what now, that injured my mist-elven skin but I was hoping would offset the damage better than other gear, but no such luck... actually after getting my ass kicked somewhat, I decided to wear the crown of science. Suddenly I had no trouble meleeing the elementals and demons despite the dooming (I was previously attempting ranged combat and failing badly), and a pv of less than 40.

Now here's the weird thing: I've always considered the second-most dangerous thing in the top level of the tower (besides the wyrm itself) to be the fire elementals and demons--or specifically, their critical hits. I've had quite high PV in the past, in the fourties, only to receive 100 or so surprise damage. In fact I think I was once killed from around 100 with an earlier mist elf, despite the melee damage reduction.

Which makes it all the more strange that this doomed character with lower pv scarcely received any criticals, if any at all. I'm wondering if it's something to do with enemy leveling (something which the ancardia wiki doesn't dissect as far as I can see). It seems that both critical and armour penetrating chances increase, even for enemies that normally never penetrate armour. They also gain extra attacks in sudden jumps. Now maybe this playthrough, the enemies were for some reason scaled to a lower level and so had a noticeably reduced crit chance and/or the number of hits they dealt?

That seems kind of awry to me, that the differences can be so erratic and extreme, but since I've not done any testing I can't confirm anything. All I know is, the common enemies of the tower felt easier despite arriving with a character with lower stats than on previous attempts. Maybe I was simply lucky not to get hit so badly, but I swear I've had significantly higher defensive stats on other occasions and struggled not to take heavy damage from the demons & elementals.

I honestly don't even remember how I took care of the wyrm itself, but I know that I left with middling health and no means of healing except prayer, taking constant damage on the way out. I remember I initially came in with sword of nonnak and a shield (early game I always equip shields on the duelists, despite not being their forte) so that means I had dealt with the graveyard. When the sword strategy wasn't working I switched to another strategy.

That reminds me of close brush with death #2. I stayed neutral everything up until dealing with the unicorn. I dug the graves in nonnak's graveyard (again probably hoping to save khel) and would interrupt my crimes with a bout of self-flaggelation, assisted with some negative-pv armour. It was quite efficient actually at drawing my alignment back to neutral, perhaps one of the most effective methods? Anyway I eventually dug up an emperor and I was out like a shot.

I accidentally whacked a cat when auto-piloting a bit too much and careened around a corner of the arena. It wasn't even a cat that I teleported out, it just happened to be there.

Close brush with death #3 was bug temple. I was able to melee the greater claw bugs (or shoot them), but I had simply forgotten that there was a ring of killer bugs when you enter the main temple (it's been a while). I pulled several of them but was able to leave and teleport away.

There was a greater vault in the frost giant cave (guarranteed?), it contained both sun's messenger and true aim. Almost seems too good to be a coincidence, perhaps some vaults are themed? I can't actually remember if it was with this that I returned and finished the emperor lich (and the graveyard digging) or if I managed to do it earlier. Bah!

I returned to the bug temple at some point, I don't remember how I dealt with the ring of bugs but once I'd closed off the tunnels with doors I could melee them provided I dealt with them one at a time, occasionally softening them with spells. I then used the scrolls from the temple to do the minotaur maze.

By the mid-late game I was a pretty good spell-caster. I'd gained only corruptions that I was quite happy with (might have removed battery or poison hands once) and often worked in favour of the high dexterity build I was going for. I kept the first half of corruptions for the entire game after getting them as they were a boon. I had spent a wish (don't recall when) on a a whip of the snake, which I kept up until my dex hit 99 near the end after which I switched to a SoIMD-buffed whip of slaughtering.

After the dive for the sceptre and rescuing khel, I had 13 corruption removal scrolls (maybe more). A lucky ed potion/scroll (not sure which) gave me alchemy, and another lucky potion of training got it to 100. Recipe was potion of boost speed + strength. After the infinite dungeon dive and some potion shop emptying, I had a LOT of boost speed potions. By sheer luck, I gained 3 djinn rings after a regular and greater vault in the COC in-between doing the temples, and spent them all on potions of strength (funnily enough, I didn't see a single randomly generated potion of strength). I also gained one or two djinn rings from potion dipping (nerfed, now :(), and got a glowing wand as a random drop in the ice dungeon. This, plus the PoGA's from the black unicorn and minotaur emperor explains the high stats!

Speaking of the ice dungeon, isn't this like an overpowered replacement for the BDC? Unlike BDC you can protect your gear with a ring of fire, and there's little or no corruption on the level.

Close brush with death #4 was very late game, when I decided to take care of Kherab's quests on a whim (not for the reward, certainly). I'd sold a lot of si's to waldenbrook and it seems npc levels are limitless (bug?). After really struggling to hurt him with missiles (poisoned true aim and sun's messenger) but having no trouble keeping my distance, curiousity and impatience got the better of me and I meleed him for a turn. And well...

http://s21.postimg.org/9gq5flgxj/shopkeepers.png

Yeah. 26 attacks. When I ended up hitting space multiple times I thought 'now I've done it'--Fortunately I dodged all but two of the hits, LOL.

I ended up finishing him with ball spells, arrows were just too slow-going.

Close Brush with death #5 happened when, again out of boredom--this time due to being OP--I went into the small cave. I was able to (sort of) deal with the enemies there, meleeing the more basic monsters, although I didn't realise that the map could spawn monsters of higher danger level (I thought it simply leveled up the lv1 monsters). I ran out of there when I encountered a water elemental, since I didn't know if its levelled up breath attack could be like the great water dragon's but worse? I also ran into a quicking king that I somehow took out in melee despite being hit a LOT. If it were a queen I'd probably have died, since I think they ignore PV.

Close brush with death #6 was a blind-raging greater moloch that took half my life away (this was, I believe, on my final trip to finish the game).

Andor Drakon was pretty straight-forward. He was no match for me, but then an unexpected contingency happened when I splashed him with my acid blood. I could NOT track him down, he was teleporting every turn, and I foolishly corrupted myself splashing around in the pools, failing to notice the message that it was corrupting me, as I raced from one point to another trying to get at him. I was starting to get scared that I may actually fail. Eventually he recovered, and I happily discovered I could dig the squares (For some reason I just assumed at first that they'd be immune to digging) giving me a clear shot, and shot him a few times and wiped some summoned enemies that were in the way with ball spells. Hit him with the sceptre for the finishing blow as I mistakenly thought it was a requirement, like TOTRR is for ultra ending.

I captured the penultimate and final battle on video. I killed the minions just for something to do while my corruption built. (Only edited this slightly, and it goes on for 54 minutes, so perhaps not very entertaining to watch...)

http://youtu.be/zqZ2Di1YaG0

auricbond
03-11-2015, 04:56 PM
No room for inventory, well over character limit.

Weapon skills, skills, spells, corruption:

Weapon Skills

Melee weapon Lvl Hit Dam DV Level Required marks
--------------------- --- --- --- -- ------------- --------------
Unarmed fighting 2 +2 +0 +0 basic 64
Daggers & knives 9 +9 +5 +2 excellent 932
Clubs & hammers 14 +16 +11 +5 Mastery 10266
Maces & flails 7 +5 +3 +2 skilled 16
Swords 15 +18 +12 +6 Grand Mastery
Axes 7 +5 +4 +1 skilled 356
Whips 15 +24 +19 +15 Grand Mastery
Pole arms 1 +1 +0 +0 basic 61
Twohanded weapons 1 +1 +1 +0 basic 61
Staves 1 +1 +0 +1 basic 61

Missile weapon Lvl Hit Dam Ra Level Required marks
--------------------- --- --- --- -- ------------- --------------
Slings 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 75
Bows 8 +16 +12 +1 excellent 2006
Crossbows 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 75
Thrown axes & hammers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 75
Thrown daggers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 75
Thrown rocks & clubs 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 75
Thrown spears 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 75
Boomerangs & scurgari 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 72

Shields Lvl DV Level Required marks
--------------------- --- --- ------------- --------------
Shields 4 +8 skilled 160

Damage caused with your melee weapons:
--------------------------------------
Right hand: +233 bonus to hit, 6d6+99 damage

Damage caused with your missile weapons:
----------------------------------------
Ammunition: 1, base range: 25, +170 bonus to hit, 15d5+82 damage

Skills

Alchemy ..................100 (superb) [+1d5]
Alertness ................100 (superb) [+1d5]
Appraising ...............100 (superb) [+1d3]
Archery ..................100 (superb) [+1]
Athletics ................100 (superb) [+1d5]
Backstabbing .............100 (superb) [+1d5]
Climbing .................100 (superb) [+1d3]
Concentration ............100 (superb) [+1d5]
Courage ..................100 (superb) [+3d3]
Detect traps .............100 (superb) [+1d3]
Disarm traps ............. 97 (superb) [+1d3]
Dodge ....................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Find weakness ............100 (superb) [+2d4]
First aid ................100 (superb) [+1d5]
Gemology .................100 (superb) [+1d3]
Haggling ................. 96 (superb) [+2d4]
Healing ..................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Herbalism ................100 (superb) [+1]
Law ......................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Listening ................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Literacy .................100 (superb) [+1d3]
Music ....................100 (superb) [+1d5]
Necromancy ...............100 (superb) [+1]
Pick locks ............... 82 (great) [+1]
Pick pockets .............100 (superb) [+1]
Smithing .................100 (superb) [+1]
Stealth ..................100 (superb) [+1d5]
Survival .................100 (superb) [+1]
Swimming .................100 (superb) [+1d3]
Tactics ..................100 (superb) [+1d5]
Two weapon combat ........ 86 (great) [+1]
Ventriloquism ............ 45 (fair) [+3d3]
Woodcraft ................100 (superb) [+1]

Spells

Bless : 231, 7pp (Effectivity: +8)
Calm Monster : 262, 8pp (Effectivity: +1)
Cure Light Wounds : 267, 5pp (Effectivity: +2)
Cure Serious Wounds: 284, 10pp (Effectivity: +0)
Darkness : 27, 6pp (Effectivity: +1)
Death Ray : 39, 160pp (Effectivity: +7)
Destroy Undead : 11, 15pp (Effectivity: +0)
Farsight : 107, 16pp (Effectivity: +5)
Fireball : 283, 18pp (Effectivity: +12)
Heal : 8, 76pp (Effectivity: +0)
Identify : 101, 75pp (Effectivity: +0)
Invisibility : 1, 19pp (Effectivity: +0)
Know Alignment : 10, 19pp (Effectivity: +0)
Light : 106, 2pp (Effectivity: +5)
Magic Lock : 328, 8pp (Effectivity: +0)
Magic Missile : 240, 8pp (Effectivity: +3)
Petrification : 257, 120pp (Effectivity: +2)
Remove Curse : 77, 61pp (Effectivity: +3)
Scare Monster : 4, 23pp (Effectivity: +0)
Slow Monster : 297, 7pp (Effectivity: +0)
Slow Poison : 616, 6pp (Effectivity: +0)
Strength of Atlas : 20, 18pp (Effectivity: +1)
Stun Ray : 18, 14pp (Effectivity: +0)
Web : 170, 12pp (Effectivity: +1)

Effects of Corruption

The voice of ChAoS whispers disturbing secrets into your thoughts (Le: +4,
Wi: -6, Ma: +2).
You have grown a bulging cranium (Le: +6, Wi: +4, Ap: -6, PV: -4, To: -3).
Your blood turned to acid.
You have become very light (1/10 weight, St: -6, Dx: +4, To: -6, Ap: -6, +20
speed).
Your bodily tissues seem to be in a state of decay requiring a lot of will
to stay up (St: -5, Wi: +10, Ap: -5, -10 speed).
Your legs have stretched into long, fragile stilts (Base movement cost: 750
energy points; PV: -4; -4 kicking damage; Ap: -6).
You rage (DV: -9, +6 melee damage)!
Your bones are made from bronze (Dx: -2, DV: -2, PV: +3).
Your skin is covered by tough scales (PV: +8, Dx: -6, Ap: -4).
You sweat blood (Ch: -2, Ap: -4, +5 speed).
You are surrounded by an unholy aura (Ch: -10, DV: +6).
Your eyes are shrouded by the mists of ChAoS (Pe: -10).
You sport gills (Ap: -3, water breathing).
Poison drips from your hands.
You thrive on the flesh of Order.

auricbond
03-11-2015, 04:57 PM
Conclusion/epilogue, artifacts, stats, monsters slain:

Her further life:

After slaying Andor Drakon and absorbing his powers you quickly grow
accustomed to your new might. You enjoy yourself slaughtering your
opposition for a couple of moments and then prepare for a greater goal...
the conquest of your former home world.

To your surprise you have to realize that omnipotence is a stretchable word
and that you no longer are strong enough (maybe due to the heavy fighting
before) to pass the Chaos Gate or even send malicious energies through it to
harass Ancardia. Thus you bide your time and enjoy yourself sending Chaos
troops to Ancardia every couple of centuries.

This continues until you are finally strong enough to create a bridge
between the planes of Chaos and Ancardia. Sadly a nasty surprise is waiting
for you: the heroic folks of Ancardia obviously did not forget the last
incursion of Chaos and this time a heroine is prepared to challenge you.
Bathed in the radiance of Law and Goodness she enters your home plane and
challenges you to a battle.

To your surprise your dark magics don't affect her and you are killed in a
long battle. In the last seconds of your life, facing the might of the
heroine of light, you wonder if everything could have been different, had
you made some other decisions in your mortal life...

Her achievements during her battles:

Kinky, the mist elven duelist, managed to become a ChAoS gOdDeSs.
She scored 37801956 points and advanced to level 50.
She survived for 0 years, 117 days, 7 hours, 25 minutes and 43 seconds
(288023 turns).
12 companions were killed during her adventures.
Kinky visited 162 places.
Her strength score was modified by +60 during her career.
Her learning score was modified by +61 during her career.
Her willpower score was modified by +60 during her career.
Her dexterity score was modified by +59 during her career.
Her toughness score was modified by +71 during her career.
Her charisma score was modified by +58 during her career.
Her appearance score was modified by +57 during her career.
Her mana score was modified by +40 during her career.
Her perception score was modified by +51 during her career.
She was unnaturally aged by 41 years.
She was the champion of the arena.
She was the head of the thieves guild.
She brought an infamous raider lord to justice.
She killed the emperor of the ancient minotaur race.
She defeated the arch enemy of a mighty karmic wyrm.
She stopped the generation of nasty bugs.
She saved Khelavaster from certain death.
She ended her adventuring life in the palace of Andor Drakon.
20303 monsters perished under her attacks.
The following 40 artifacts were generated during her adventure:
the si
the scythe of corruption "Moon Sickle"
the golden gladius "Death's Sting"
the elven long bow "Sun's Messenger"
the Chaos Orb of Elemental Water
the Chaos Orb of Elemental Air
the Chaos Orb of Elemental Fire
the Chaos Orb of Elemental Earth
the silvery arrow "True Aim"
the obsidian quarrel "Thunderstroke"
the heavy cudgel "Black Thumb"
the lead-filled mace "Big Punch"
the scorched spear
the mighty morning star "Grod"
the rune-covered trident
the sword of Nonnak
the elemental gauntlets
the ring of the High Kings
the phial of Caladriel
the crown of science
the shield of raw steel
the amulet of raw steel
the ancient mummy wrapping
the ankh
the intricate wooden shield "Nature's Friend"
the small black shield "Lust for Glory"
the Crown of Chaos
the Sceptre of Chaos
the black torc
the Medal of Chaos
the glaive "Long Sting"
the Chaos Orb of Elemental Mana
the black rune-covered dagger "Needle"
the black rune-covered dagger "Sting"
the sapphire amulet "Preserver"
the emerald dagger "Serpent's Bite"
the weird tome
the rune-covered halberd "Wyrmlance"
the axe of the minotaur emperor
the rapier of the needle
She possessed the following intrinsics:
She was fire resistant.
She was poison resistant (also through an item).
She was cold resistant.
She was lucky.
Fate smiled upon her.
She was doomed (gained through an item).
She was cursed (gained through an item).
She was sleep resistant.
She was able to control teleportation.
She was stun resistant (gained through an item).
She was paralyzation resistant.
She was resistant to death rays.
She was shock resistant (also through an item).
She was able to see invisible things.
She was immune to acidic attacks.
She was immune to ice attacks.
She was able to breathe water.
She had the following talents: Affinity with Swords, Affinity with Whips,
Alert, Careful, Defensive Fighter, Dodger, Greased Lightning, Hardy,
Healthy, Immune to Pain, Iron Skin, Long Stride, Miser, Quick, Steel Skin,
Tough Skin, Treasure Hunter, Very Quick.
She had a final speed score of 218 (final base speed: 192).
She was a Chaos Goddess. She asked for 12 divine interventions.
She was Chaos personified.

The following monsters were vanquished:
17 acid vortices
27 air demons
40 air elementals
8 air grues
33 ancient black dragons
212 ancient blue dragons
1 ancient blue wyrm
1 Ancient Chaos Wyrm
1 ancient dwarf
14 ancient karmic dragons
1 ancient karmic wyrm
29 ancient minotaurs
20 ancient red dragons
1 Ancient Stone Beast
6 ancient white dragons
37 animated armors
1194 animated trees
14 ankhegs
47 annihilators
23 annis hags
1 arena master
91 assassins
1 assassin prince
17 balors
49 bandits
1 banshee
29 barbarians
31 barbarian leaders
1 battle bunny
124 berserkers
29 berserker emperors
25 berserker kings
61 berserker lords
38 berserker princes
19 big dogs
11 black baby dragons
13 black dragons
1 black druid
40 black hurthlings
10 black slayers
9 black unicorns
26 black wizards
53 blink dogs
64 blue baby dragons
97 blue dragons
1 bone golem
10 brown bears
15 brown worms
44 bugbears
11 bulettes
1 bunny master
1 burly adventurer
30 carrion crawlers
1 cat lord
23 cave bears
156 cave fishers
17 cave lions
119 cave lizards
11 cave tigers
137 cavemen
1 Chaos Archmage
44 chaos brothers
1 chaos diplomat
21 chaos eyes
34 chaos knights
29 chaos lizards
118 chaos mutants
53 chaos plague bearers
39 chaos rats
374 chaos servants
46 chaos sisters
16 chaos spawn
42 chaos spiders
16 chaos vipers
9 chaos warlords
104 chaos warriors
47 chaos wizards
4 children
77 claw bugs
30 clay golems
23 clay statues
5 cobras
9 cooshoos
33 corpse fiends
61 corruptors
1 crime lord
32 crystal statues
19 cutpurses
28 cyclopes
16 dark elven archers
28 dark elven lords
31 dark elven priestesses
28 dark elven princesses
15 dark elven warriors
29 dark elven wizards
102 dark orcs
36 dark sages
42 death oozes
1 demented ratling
30 diamond golems
402 dire wolves
40 displacer beasts
41 doppelgangers
11 doppelganger kings
23 doppelganger lords
14 Dorn Beasts
1 druid
12 dwarves
1 dwarven artificer
107 dwarven chaos knights
6 dwarven children
2 dwarven elite guardians
12 dwarven guardians
1 dwarven innkeeper
1 dwarven weaponmaster
73 earth elementals
1 ElDeR cHaOs GoD
6 emperor liches
173 ettins
24 eyes of destruction
2 fairy dragons
10 farmers
6 female dwarves
94 fire beetles
21 fire demons
39 fire drakes
27 fire elementals
132 fire giants
12 fire giant kings
8 fire grues
46 fire lizards
17 fire vortices
31 flesh golems
16 floating eyes
94 fomorian giants
250 frost giants
100 frost giant berserkers
41 frost giant jarls
57 frost salamanders
86 frozen ones
27 gargantuan rats
27 gargoyles
39 gelatinous cubes
211 ghosts
35 ghost bats
40 ghost kings
73 ghost lords
190 ghuls
3 giant ant queens
30 giant ant warriors
16 giant ant workers
84 giant bats
3 giant bee queens
97 giant bee warriors
24 giant bee workers
3 giant boars
40 giant centipedes
5 giant eels
31 giant frogs
49 giant lizards
10 giant raccoons
215 giant rats
20 giant rust monsters
2 giant sharks
19 giant slugs
129 giant spiders
25 gibbering mouthers
117 gnolls
16 gnoll chieftains
128 goblins
99 goblin berserkers
47 goblin chieftains
151 goblin rockthrowers
80 goblin slavemasters
5 goodwives
10 gorgons
41 gray oozes
11 gray slayers
7 great blue wyrms
9 great karmic wyrms
1 great red wyrm
1 great water dragon
2 great white wyrms
15 greater air elementals
1 greater balor
348 greater chaos servants
136 greater claw bugs
11 greater daemons
13 greater earth elementals
8 greater fire elementals
90 greater mimics
10 greater molochs
46 greater mummies
6 greater titans
18 greater water elementals
1 greater white unicorn
29 green blobs
26 green hags
34 green slimes
28 green worms
491 gremlins
30 griffons
1 grizzled gladiator
30 grizzly bears
2 half-orc bouncers
51 harpies
61 hell hounds
324 hill giants
26 hill giant chieftains
27 hill orcs
64 hill orc sergeants
34 hippogriffs
57 hobgoblins
12 hobgoblin chiefs
15 hobgoblin leaders
20 homunculi
49 huge bats
28 hydras
19 hyenas
93 ice elementals
120 ice lizards
1 ice queen
199 ice statues
55 ice vortices
33 imps
9 invisible stalkers
10 iron golems
267 jackals
5 jackal demons
27 jackalweres
10 karmic baby dragons
9 karmic dragons
25 karmic lizards
2 ki-rins
265 killer bugs
10 king cobras
143 kobolds
51 kobold chieftains
27 kobold shamans
129 large bats
38 large dogs
50 large gnolls
21 large jackals
97 large kobolds
90 large orcs
25 large rust monsters
19 large snakes
651 large spiders
28 least daemons
13 lesser daemons
28 leucrottas
17 liches
5 lich kings
58 lightning lizards
15 lightning vortices
1 living wall
94 lizard men
1 mad doctor
20 magebane eyes
21 magedoom eyes
1 malicious doctor
12 margoyles
51 master assassins
27 master liches
34 master mimics
1 master necromancer
1 Master Summoner
60 master swordsmen
9 master thieves
20 mimics
11 mimic hiveminds
31 minotaurs
1 minotaur emperor
2 minotaur kings
14 minotaur lords
13 minotaur mages
11 minotaur mazelords
14 minotaur mazemasters
9 mist wolves
30 molochs
5 muggers
1 multi-headed chaos dragon
49 mummies
1 mummy lord
22 muscular dwarves
37 necromancers
54 ochre jellies
214 ogres
9 ogre emperors
1 ogre guardian
21 ogre kings
189 ogre lords
21 ogre magi
1 oracle
167 orcs
14 orc butchers
21 orc chieftains
53 orc scorchers
28 outlaws
29 outlaw leaders
59 owlbears
95 pit vipers
11 pixies
16 pixie archers
1 priest
13 purple worms
28 quasits
25 quicklings
26 quickling kings
22 quickling lords
6 quickling queens
19 rabid dogs
58 raiders
1 raider lord
335 rats
40 ratling archers
34 ratling duelists
30 ratling fencers
1 ratling guardian
27 ratling master thieves
39 ratling thieves
27 ratling warlords
80 ratling warriors
11 rattlesnakes
55 red baby dragons
43 red dragons
49 red worms
13 revenants
1 royal guardian
54 rust monsters
134 shadows
22 shadow centipedes
23 shadow lords
25 shadow trolls
5 shadow wyrms
28 shambling mounds
2 sharks
1 sheriff
3 shopkeepers
115 silver wolves
12 skeletal kings
305 skeletal warriors
337 skeletons
21 slow shadows
1 Snake from Beyond
67 snow golems
86 spectres
31 staring eyes
57 steel golems
27 steel horrors
49 steel zombies
227 stone giants
46 stone giant lords
42 stone golems
39 stone grues
6 stone oozes
15 stone snakes
115 stone statues
16 swamp hydras
48 swordsmen
169 tarantulas
24 thugs
1 tiny girl
24 titans
134 trolls
93 troll berserkers
48 troll chiefs
39 troll kings
1 undead chaos dwarven berserker
26 vampires
58 vapor rats
1 village elder
16 vipers
9 wall beasts
19 water demons
17 water elementals
28 water grues
88 water snakes
53 wererats
85 werewolves
8 werewolf kings
39 werewolf lords
83 white baby dragons
25 white dragons
2 white unicorns
66 white worms
90 wights
3 wild cats
8 will o'wisps
423 wolves
103 wraiths
192 writhing masses of primal chaos
21 yellow oozes
156 yetis
180 zombies

Dispatched the legendary least daemon Kolvinfirmesestron.
Dispatched the legendary stone golem Stony Jouni.
Dispatched the legendary troll Okla.
Dispatched the legendary griffon Abaddon Emberwing.
Dispatched the legendary chaos sister Le-yala-a.
Dispatched the legendary ratling thief Rakki.
Dispatched the legendary swordsman Gaelwynn the Unlucky.
Dispatched the legendary fairy dragon Izindi.
Dispatched the legendary jackal Anu the Death Dog.
Dispatched the legendary dark orc Enryb-eel.
Dispatched the legendary fire giant Groc.

Playing Time

You played for 63 hours, 17 minutes and 26 seconds.

Version Information

Ancient Domains Of Mystery
Version 1.2.0
Windows Prerelease 23
Build: May 10 2014 15:08:19

pjsb1
03-11-2015, 10:27 PM
I would just like to say, this is quite an impressive post and quite an impressive victory! (Especially for your first one in 10 years!)

auricbond
03-12-2015, 12:12 AM
I would just like to say, this is quite an impressive post and quite an impressive victory! (Especially for your first one in 10 years!)

I appreciate it. The question is what now. Might take a break until the steam version comes out, as the challenge modes might add some extra replayability. I suppose there's also the other race/class combos to try, but i'm not sure they alter the way you experience the game in a huge way...

*EDIT Another difference in ADOM from when I last played that I forgot to comment on: I hardly ever see armour damage anymore. I know in one of the versions it was so extreme to the point of a bug, but I can't honestly recall a single piece of equipment damage (from heavy hits) in any of the 1.2.0 series. I'm wondering if I was simply doomed in those older games and due to my lack of experience did not realise it? I just remember it was a major annoyance in old games carrying these useless +3 eternium plates and such. :)

littlebrather
03-13-2015, 07:01 AM
*EDIT Another difference in ADOM from when I last played that I forgot to comment on: I hardly ever see armour damage anymore. I know in one of the versions it was so extreme to the point of a bug, but I can't honestly recall a single piece of equipment damage (from heavy hits) in any of the 1.2.0 series. I'm wondering if I was simply doomed in those older games and due to my lack of experience did not realise it? I just remember it was a major annoyance in old games carrying these useless +3 eternium plates and such. :)
Just a question, is ME shield applied BEFORE or AFTER armor PV reduction. Since this can be a proper answer on this mystery.

auricbond
03-13-2015, 08:23 AM
Just a question, is ME shield applied BEFORE or AFTER armor PV reduction. Since this can be a proper answer on this mystery.

Hm, good point, that could well be the reason as I haven't experimented with other races much.

blunk
03-21-2015, 11:54 PM
very impressive, and this
212 ancient blue dragons brr I don't like lightning monsters.