PDA

View Full Version : Release date

dai
06-07-2015, 06:31 PM
Any news on a release date for Adom on Steam? Last I heard was mid June, but that was a while ago

Grash
07-02-2015, 07:20 PM
I'm also eager for it to release on steam. Is there any new news?

adom-admin
07-21-2015, 05:04 AM
I'm also eager for it to release on steam. Is there any new news?

We are still wrestling with some final bugs. http://www.adom.de/forums/projectmilestone.php?do=issuelist&milestoneid=1&filter=active is the list to follow. We are trying to wrestle it down to zero.

dai
07-22-2015, 10:34 PM
We are still wrestling with some final bugs. http://www.adom.de/forums/projectmilestone.php?do=issuelist&milestoneid=1&filter=active is the list to follow. We are trying to wrestle it down to zero.

I do follow that list. Can't wait until it's all finished, and I can start filling up my highscore list on steam with YASDs

dai
08-20-2015, 08:57 PM
Wow, 98% and only 3 issues left. It feels so close!

Seravajan
09-30-2015, 02:20 PM
How is the status for the release?

dai
10-04-2015, 03:42 PM
Sadly, it's back to 96% and 7 issues left :-(

Stoltverd
10-15-2015, 01:33 PM
Any word?
To be honest this seems dead...
No word for months...
Months ironing out like 3 bugs...
No response here or in the blog, or in the greenlight page.

Ravenmore
10-15-2015, 02:55 PM
Not dead :) Just really close to release - there's not much we can improve on our own, and TB is busy with Business Things. Just can't move forward without him.
There will be a new post as soon as he finds some spare time.

boat
10-22-2015, 09:49 PM
Not dead :) Just really close to release - there's not much we can improve on our own, and TB is busy with Business Things. Just can't move forward without him.
There will be a new post as soon as he finds some spare time.

Does the development team have a plan for the steam release to squash any bugs in a more timely fashion? Are you guys taking a few weeks off work? I'm worried that once you release the game to thousands of people you could find a bunch more bugs we missed , I'm assuming there will be faster turnaround for fixes once it's released on steAm?

Ravenmore
10-24-2015, 09:13 PM
That would certainly be very wise. At least as a player I'd like to see the game I bought being patched ASAP just after launch. No solid decisions yet, Thomas is still busy doing Important Stuff.

Pustka
11-02-2015, 01:22 PM
I remember when adom was supposed to be out around end of the last year ;) I’m betting it won't be out b4 end of this one either XD

dai
11-02-2015, 08:03 PM
I remember when adom was supposed to be out around end of the last year ;) I’m betting it won't be out b4 end of this one either XD

I think Adom on Steam is like fusion power - it's always 2 months / 30 years away

Stoltverd
11-03-2015, 08:25 AM
I think Adom on Steam is like fusion power - it's always 2 months / 30 years away

Well... Thomas Biskup have fame of not keeping his word :/

adom-admin
11-07-2015, 03:28 PM
Well... Thomas Biskup have fame of not keeping his word :/

Sorry for that. Sometime real life sucks by intruding with just too much work. Sadly 2015 is the busiest work year I ever had and with out company growing to nearly 100 people time is a premium. Even if it doesn't help you I can ensure you all that I am frustrated more than anybody else because we are so close to finishing ADOM on Steam and I'm so close to finishing ADOM RPG (to at least be done with two major milestones) but week after week real life work keeps me so busy that I'm just too exhausted to find time and strength for ADOM.

I'm doing all I can and I won't make any more promises. I even have stopped wasting time on social media to find what little time I have to work on ADOM. But even this is good or bad depending on your viewpoint as people start wondering whether I'm still alive or not. It's a very frustrating situation.

I have given up wanting to release a perfect Steam version. We'll release as soon as we possible and then get on with life improving the game at the best speed possible.

That's all I really can say for now.

P.S.: As for keeping my word. I think I so far have kept my word... I sadly tend to fail hitting milestones and time forecasts... I really should stop making any predictions at all.

Phyroks
11-08-2015, 06:00 AM
Been waiting for the new steam features for some while, i hope when it gets released they work and I can harass my friend list! I dont mind if there are minor bugs but if some of the steam features dont work properly it will most likely cause rather big problems, specially if you dont have time to address them right after release :S

Would it be bad idea to release the game as early access until you consider it completely ready for release? Even tho its probably in better shape than most releases are after early access... ^^

Good luck what ever you choose! Cant wait :cool:

Seravajan
11-08-2015, 08:56 PM
Some company projects can take much longer in time resources as intended at the project starts. And now there is one that have a very big impact on ADOM. A recommendation from my side would be to release the game on Steam in Early Access. Many players are waiting for the release and only some smaller issues requires some fixes that can be done later as well. Else the game is in a very good condition for an Early Access release.

dai
11-09-2015, 08:10 PM
Some interesting news from The Creator:

https://twitter.com/adom_dev/status/663487912814751744

Elitist
11-09-2015, 09:21 PM
Some interesting news from The Creator:

https://twitter.com/adom_dev/status/663487912814751744

Heavy breathing.

adom-admin
11-11-2015, 07:17 PM
Steam just gave us the go to release ADOM whenever we want. Now we need to find the final right date... a challenge between the upcoming release of Star Wars Battlefront on the 18th and me being particularly available on that weekend. We'll keep you posted.

Seravajan
11-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Release it now then you will be ahead :)

dai
11-12-2015, 09:19 PM
Monday 16 November 2015 is the big day: http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.com/2015/11/help-launching-adom-on-steam-release.html

That's _this_ Monday. About 93 hours away. I apologise for feeling like it would never arrive!

:D