PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay to stream ADOM?

pjsb1
07-14-2015, 03:40 PM
I was wondering if it would be okay to stream the steam version of ADOM on twitch tv, I know that gordon overkill made a youtube video with the challenge of the week but other than that I don't know what is or is not okay.

GordonOverkill
07-15-2015, 07:23 PM
Actually I thought about that, too, and recently got myself a second monitor to experiment a little with streaming. I thought about trying an epic stream-playthrough as soon as the steam version is officially released :-)

pjsb1
07-16-2015, 01:54 AM
I've streamed the older versions of adom in the past to 1-5 viewers before and it was pretty fun talking about the game to new people who searched through people with small amounts of viewers. My first victory was a character I started on stream actually, I highly recommend streaming adom as it was very fun for me. (It also makes me feel cool about having beaten the game)

pjsb1
07-20-2015, 06:13 AM
Now that R58 is released I see no reason why we couldn't stream the steam version but I would still like to get confirmation from someone with some authority on the matter.

Ravenmore
07-20-2015, 08:26 AM
I'm pretty sure there's a paragraph in ADOM's EULA on Steam that says you can make videos about ADOM and even monetize them if you wish. With that in place I see no reason why a stream would be forbidden :)

If you mean if there's an NDA - no, not as far as I know. And as you pointed out it would make little sense with a public release in place.

You might want to wait for R59 that fixes the "Level 5" bug, Thomas said it's already done, just has to be compiled and uploaded again. So I hope it'll appear today, but deployment takes a lot of time and Jochen's a busy guy, so we'll have to wait and see :)

pjsb1
07-20-2015, 09:16 PM
Well now I feel silly for not checking the EULA, thank you for the info and now that R59 is released I might stream some ADOM on steam tonight :P.

adom-admin
07-21-2015, 06:01 AM
I was wondering if it would be okay to stream the steam version of ADOM on twitch tv, I know that gordon overkill made a youtube video with the challenge of the week but other than that I don't know what is or is not okay.

Yes, just go ahead!