PDA

View Full Version : Ungh Troll Mindcrafter! Ungh close the gate!

Feorg
08-12-2015, 03:58 PM
By a chance or whim Ungh was born a troll. Noble parents teach Ungh deconstruction. Trolls good at smashing things. Ungh talk teachers about Derrida. Everyone confused! Ungh become a mindcrafter.

Ungh go look for raider lord. Raiders taste good! Sheriff happy. Ungh rescue puppy. Just kidding! Rescue a corpse. But find good items in the cave, a rune-covered sling. Also find a white altar. Now healer teach Ungh how to sleep after fight. Survives better!

Through the small dungeon, many herbs. Near chaotic caverns Ungh notices an ancient cave. Looks dangerous... Ungh enters cautiously and finds eternium halberd of slaughtering. Favourite weapon now. Then run into hill giant meeting. They throw rocks. Ungh say: "Look behind you! Muons!". Giants confused. Har har! Ungh run away.

Ungh explore chaotic caves, gets lizard food. Yum! Finds Dwarftown. Ungh try to make teleport trap, but make an arrow trap. A dwarf hit by an arrow. Waldenbrook mad! Throw coins, call big dwarves. Ungh slap Wally on the cheek. Wally not get up again. Ungh sad. Har har! Now Wally's shop belong to Ungh. Nothing special. Potential willpower. Bah! Taste like prune juice.

Below ancient forest Ungh find a ring. A genie appears, give Ungh an amulet. But the next level a sage grabs it from Ungh, leaves scrolls. Scrolls taste bad. Save them for later. Ungh not want to kill gods, so Ungh pray and become a good messiah. Now no need to fear sky fire. God give Ungh a gore-tex robe. Very resistant!

Back to the ancient cave. Deep inside Ungh bump into a small dragon meeting. They spit sky fire. No worry! Ungh immune. Ungh talk about Heidegger: "Being here is here-being towards death-with-others in angst!" Dragons confused. Long fight. Have to go to toilet in the middle. Use the pyramid to defecate.

Ungh go kill Haggar. On the way a huge giant meeting. They listen Ungh's tales, respect much. Give Ungh a holy scarf, Oman's cloak and bracers Ungh can use in war. Promise to return the cloak to Oman. Har har! A giant's girdle found. Now can carry many items! Also find another ring somewhere. Ungh rub the genie the right way. Genie happy, teach Ungh to find weakness. Hint: hit kobold in the eye! Ungh learn new word: "Scrotum". Next time titan makes fun of Ungh grammar, Ungh kick him in the balls! Ouch! Har har! From now on no other item important!

In a skeleton tomb Ungh find a blue helmet. Now can dive in rivers! Ungh tell Blup about mom. But mom's lair has many potions. The lair looks strange so Ungh make it dark. Then pick up potions. Mom mad! Ungh not care. Ungh strong! But water dragon not happy.

Ungh dive deep into caverns but has no asbestos blanket. But Dwarf leader helpful. Ungh wear many artifacts, go to a hot tower. Slaughtering weapon good. But when Wyrm is dead, blanket burns! Smoke coming from backpack! All my stuff! Aaah! Arrows burning. Ungh teleport safety.

On air temple level a surge of power. A shadow give Ungh a jet-black axe. Ungh come, Ungh confuse, Ungh execute! Yet, the halberd feels nicer. Save axe for a rainy day. Eat the summoner corpse. Plenty of cold liquid left. Strange feelings come.

Deeper another huge giant meeting. Many titans, all confused. Throw arrows, almost dead. Yet only find silver arrow. A shield says "Nature's Friend" but Ungh already like nature, fried or uncooked. Also a sword that says "Justifier". Ungh need no justification. Ungh kill!

A dark archmage gives trouble. He not drain strength, but use many bolts all the time now and avoids arrows. Many bottles of echinacea extract needed.

Ice level Ungh gets a useless scorched spear. Find a chaos gate. Eat archmage corpse. Close gate. Demon ammo good! No trouble at this point. Now Ungh level 32. Go back up. Druid tell of White Unicorn. Ungh could remove corrupted skin with ointments, yet kills the black unicorn to be nice. But is not remembered in the annals for it. But on the way Ungh becomes grand master with halberd.

Back home Ungh becomes a queen. Tell everyone about economics. Courtiers confused! Har har!

Ungh St:44 Le:26 Wi:37 Dx:59 To:42 Ch:22 Ap:28 Ma:28 Pe:20 L+
DV/PV: 48/54 H: 467(467) P: 467(467) Exp: 32/15931449 DrCh Sp: 140
Blessed Bloated Berserk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventory
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total weight: 6426 stones Carrying capacity: 9982 stones

He: uncursed crown of regeneration [+0, +0] [55s]
Ne: blessed Aylas Holy Scarf [+10, +10] {Ch+6} [5s]
Bo: blessed robes of resistance (-4, -4) [+3, +12] {To+5} [60s]
Gi: blessed girdle of giant strength [+0, +0] {St+12} [30s]
Cl: blessed cloak of Oman (+2, +0) [+4, +4] {Dx+8} [20s]
RH: blessed eternium halberd of slaughtering (+12, 5d9+8) [-2, +0] [50s]
LH: -
RR: uncursed ring of the master cat [+0, +5] {Dx+16} (+16 spd) [1s]
LR: blessed ring of slaying (+6 melee damage, +6 missile damage) [1s]
Br: blessed bracers of war [+8, +4] {Dx+8} [10s]
Ga: blessed elemental gauntlets (-1, +0) [+0, +3] [10s]
Bo: blessed seven league boots [+1, +2] [30s]
MW: blessed rune-covered sling "Whirlwind" (+12, +12) [3s]
Mi: bundle of 6 uncursed mithril sling bullets (+4, 2d5) [18s]
Tl: -

Scooter Fox
08-12-2015, 04:54 PM
That was a great read! Also best career choice ever.

Elitist
08-12-2015, 06:01 PM
Ungh should totally attempt to go into the gate one day. (I loved the presentation of this story please write more stories like this.)

jtadom
08-13-2015, 04:10 AM
Most entertaining YAVP post of all time. You are an awesome writer :)

Cactus
08-13-2015, 01:37 PM
Ungh mighty warrior! Cactus approve and thank much Ungh for story.

Joe
08-17-2015, 03:08 PM
Gotta love the philosophy quotes ;)

blunk
08-20-2015, 01:57 PM
Such a good read, if only I could write half as good as that.

But when Wyrm is dead, blanket burns!

You probably already know but, bless blankets, especially fireproof for toef, I've never had a blessed one burn up.

anon123
08-20-2015, 02:20 PM
Great storytelling indeed :) Reminded me of this.

Feorg
08-20-2015, 03:36 PM
Ungh thank everyone for kind communication!

I've finished the game enough times now to want to come up with something different when writing about it. I was quite lucky with the Haggar cave artifacts and the eternium halberd of slaughtering so from then on it was smooth riding. Except for the Archmage, it looks like he's been beefed up quite a bit. In the past he didn't use as many bolt spells or maybe it was easier to avoid them.

Still, it was my first win as a mindcrafter. And I haven't played too many trolls either. Because of the xp penalty I didn't get to use the higher level powers at all, so maybe I'll have to try a mindcrafter of another race one day. Basically Ungh was a fighter with unlimited confusion.

Apparently there is still a small chance for the fireproof blanket to burn even with blessing and +luck +fate smiling (and being crowned). I've had the blanket burn before (not often), but usually I have at least a couple of them by the tower.

sweetnothing
08-20-2015, 03:50 PM
Great storytelling indeed :) Reminded me of this.

Twitch copy-pastas are better.

P.S. They burn.