PDA

View Full Version : Customized Loot Drops

palandus
08-31-2015, 06:41 AM
For those that have the steam closed beta, how does the customized loot drop system work?

Is it a flat multiplier (ie x2 loot), or can you fine tune the loot dropped?

Carter
08-31-2015, 09:52 AM
its 1.5x or 2x with the corresponding score reduction.

you can do .5 for an increase in score which i was musing about. Particularly for some classes it probably wouldn't matter too much.

palandus
08-31-2015, 06:42 PM
So does that mean that rooms have twice as many items in them or twice the chance to have an item in them if you set it to 2x?

So does that mean that monsters have twice as many items dropped or twice the chance to have an item dropped if you set it to 2x?

Shame that you can't manually set each loot type. I'd love to be able to set it so that Spellbooks, Scrolls, Potions, and Missiles has higher rates than 2x. But 2x is better than nothing.

JellySlayer
08-31-2015, 07:37 PM
So does that mean that rooms have twice as many items in them or twice the chance to have an item in them if you set it to 2x?

So does that mean that monsters have twice as many items dropped or twice the chance to have an item dropped if you set it to 2x?

I haven't played with this too much, so this is just my subjective experience, but my impression is that it does not effect the number of random floor drops. It does effect drop rate for regular monsters. I'd say that the extra loot functionality is probably roughly similar to what players get by taking the Treasure Hunter talent. OTOH, my impression is that extra loot and Treasure Hunter combined sort of interfere with each other, and you don't get as much out of taking both as you might expect.