PDA

View Full Version : NaNoWriMo 2015

Blasphemous
11-04-2015, 02:50 PM
Hey guys, is anyone up for this year's NaNoWriMo (http://nanowrimo.org/)?

Last year I managed to dish out ~25k words and then failed miserably but perhaps this time I will be more successful.
3 days in and I'm sitting at almost 6,5k words, more than the predicted daily minimum.
I hope to keep up with the pace.

Any other people attempting it?

Scooter Fox
11-04-2015, 03:17 PM
That's an interesting initiative, first time I've heard about this. I don't think I'll participate though, and not even because it's already four days in, but because I don't have any complete ideas in my head to start right away. I have two incomplete ones but with the strong pace I'd have to take up (almost 2000 words a day? damn!) I'm sure I'd run myself into a plot corner fast. Not to mention writing actual fiction in English rather than just forum posts is a painful and slow process and I'm pretty disillusioned with writing in my native language in general, but I digress.

Anyway, I wish good luck to anybody participating.

Blasphemous
11-04-2015, 03:38 PM
Well, 1666 words daily is not that big of a feat, it's doable in two hours.
I had absolutely no plan when I started, only a very broad range of potential themes and when I started, everything sort of came on its own.
Last year I started around day 5th and still managed to catch up though like I mentioned, I have eventually lost the steam and trailed behind.
The story wasn't abandoned though, it's still out there and I have learned a lot during the couple of days that I committed to it.

It's worth a shot and even if English is not my (or your) native tongue, it's perhaps the one I read the most books in.

grobblewobble
11-05-2015, 09:49 PM
I guess I could still join in, although itīs a bit late to start now. Did the summer camp one time before. What is your nickname on there?

Blasphemous
11-06-2015, 09:48 PM
I guess I could still join in, although itīs a bit late to start now. Did the summer camp one time before. What is your nickname on there?

The same as here.

sweetnothing
11-09-2015, 08:36 PM
Never tried such things but from what I've heard, any deadlines are a creative killer. Maybe a nice entertainment though.

EDIT. Lol, found a perfect description for my country there, "Elsewhere in Europe". So fitting.