PDA

View Full Version : Choose Starsign

inkline
11-17-2015, 12:15 AM
So now that I have ADOM for Steam, how do I choose the starsign? I'd like to set it in the config for convenience.

auricbond
11-17-2015, 12:34 AM
So now that I have ADOM for Steam, how do I choose the starsign? I'd like to set it in the config for convenience.

The store page says that that feature is to come.

inkline
11-17-2015, 03:21 AM
That's disappointing that it isn't done, it's the reason I bought the game. I prefer the DOS version normally.

It should hardly be more than two lines of code to implement it.

shockeroo
11-17-2015, 07:12 AM
This is the feature I'm most looking forward to as well. Hope to see it implemented soon. :)

Scooter Fox
11-17-2015, 12:45 PM
No addition visible to the user is ever "two lines of code", especially if the feature you're trying to alter has been in the code for 18 years.

Kelibath
11-18-2015, 05:57 PM
No addition visible to the user is ever "two lines of code", especially if the feature you're trying to alter has been in the code for 18 years.

This.
It's a promised addition, though, so it'll be in there eventually.

adom-admin
11-19-2015, 07:15 AM
That's disappointing that it isn't done, it's the reason I bought the game. I prefer the DOS version normally.

It should hardly be more than two lines of code to implement it.

You aren't a coder, are you? While it's not impossible it's definitely more than "two lines". I really hate unknowledgeable generalizations.

But back to reasonable arguments: The main reason for it not yet being there was that we need to support it in both ASCII and graphical mode and we just didn't have the time to do it before the launch. But it's very high on the TO DO list for the next actual feature release (after we are done fixing bugs), so please be a little patient.

BTW, all texts clearly state that it is a feature yet to come. We are very transparent about that.

adom-admin
11-19-2015, 07:17 AM
This is the feature I'm most looking forward to as well. Hope to see it implemented soon. :)

Promise! We need to get the current bugs fixed and the feature release afterwards according to my current plan will include this (point based character generation - which also still is missing - will take a bit longer though).