PDA

View Full Version : Hostile Tenriyo/Khelavaster

zliplus
12-21-2015, 01:49 AM
So I accidentally blew the drunk up while trying to make booze for him, and now Tenriyo/Khelavaster are hostile. Is it still possible to get the trident from him somehow?

JellySlayer
12-21-2015, 04:45 AM
Sometimes you can get normally non-hostile NPCs back to normal if you can get them to kill one of your pets. That's probably your best bet, but if not, you're probably screwed.

Carter
12-21-2015, 05:22 AM
you can't calm Khelavaster unfortunately. The pet trick didn't work when I tried it. He is also kind of dangerous since he shoots death rays.

Blank4u47
12-21-2015, 05:59 AM
Never done that before, but won't The spell calm monster help? Or alternately, get pet to attack him then heal him until he's friendly.

_Ln_
12-21-2015, 07:18 AM
Haha, I love how everyone is giving advice instead of mentioning how hilarious the situation depicted by OP is.

Oh, the dangers of homebrewing without safety protocols. Someone draw a comic about it!

zliplus
12-21-2015, 07:57 PM
Proof that alcohol is dangerous to your health (and that of those around you).

Meanwhile, the game was/is going swimmingly besides explosions and poor artifact options until super late. FGJC vault gave me black book and 3 piles of gold, but I did find a random AoLS from killing all the giants. Minotaur maze was arguably a giant waste of time since I didn't realize the extent of the nerfs, but at least the ratling enjoyed eating the axe. It turns out that Alertness is really really good, because I got hit by acid, fireballs, and stone blocks a bunch as a gnome. I decided to sip darkforge (and other misc pools) to remove teleportitis for the library and got 3 wishes along the way - RDSM, scrolls of education (I had picked up 3 writing sets already randomly), and acid balls. 12 lessons later I had athletics and food preservation, which mostly served to pump up more stats that I didn't really need. I found that Shyx had a wand of wishing so I levelled up a bunch and then killed her for her stash (it had 0 charges). Crumbling cave bottom floor had a lesser vault of whites dragons including one wyrm and both Trusted One and True Aim. I'm not sure if even lesser vaults can have artifact spawn slots or if they somehow randomly dropped, but Trusted One is incredibly strong for a caster no matter what the wiki says and True Aim turned my 1 skill in bows into a pretty decent archer even without archery or find weakness. Currently I've cleared the D46 giant vault, acid balling the temples and the inner vault from outside the walls. I wasted the one wish from the wand just before this vault on more helms of teleportation to replace the one Keriax exploded, and this vault has cloak of oman (and scorched spear but who cares). On the downside, I totally wasted that wish, but now I have the best cloak ever!

Now to finish the dive, kill the emperor moloch, and hope Khelavaster summons the trident while hostile ><.

Edit: also, maybe while confused. I may also try plutonium man and levelling fire bolt to 100 - it's definitely WAY safer than levelling magic missile. Magic missiles should get a namechange to magic nuclear missiles.

zliplus
01-16-2016, 07:03 PM
The dream lives!

After my long break raging at the world, I came back and killed the emperor moloch as planned. Khelavaster will accept the crumpled scroll and summon the trident even if he's hostile! Now I just need to fix my align so I can get crowned...I dropped away from L+ at some point somewhere but am close - 4811 according to scroll of balance.