PDA

View Full Version : Yep, All Done! First victory.

Shinae
12-30-2015, 09:14 PM
Kouen, the dwarven paladin, saved the world with his brave efforts and became a great ruler.

I did it. I started playing adom over 10 years ago. I admit there was few years pause in between, but finally the day has come. First victory! Took a lot of time. Never really save scummed for real, so had to learn by dying a lot.

Everything went pretty nicely. I started in SMC and dived to HMVI, then did carpenter and puppy cave. I found Mithril Sword of Devastation in HMVI which served me a long time. Then later I got crowned with The Justifier which mades things pretty easy. I didn't really use much ranged combat. Few spells and mainly whacked things down with Justifier. I found one wish by ring dipping and wished for Find Weakness. I screwed up with poison touch corruption and destroyed all my Potions of Cure Corruption, but made it thru D:50 anyways. All temples were easy, at Mana temple the boss got me down to half health, but he didn't last many hits from The Justifier. I had pretty nice DV and PV and Justifier just cut thru everything so easily. I went past last CoC levels fast. I think I was pretty low level attempting D:50, but I had 2x Scrolls of Familiar summoning and Greater Earth Elemental helped a lot also being born on Raven made it even better. I still have the spare scroll. Only used one. Also first game ever I managed to get to the cat lord without killing cats. Feels good.

I would have love to do other things like visit library and maybe minotaur maze, but I already had great equips and didn't want anything destroyed, so I just went with the gate closing. Next time I spend more time exploring and enjoying locations.

I guess I missed quite a few artifacts hehe. I never found Thunderstroke, Crown of Science, Hammer of Gods, Whirlwind and Wyrmlance. There was greater Fire Vault around D:46, but I didn't clear inner section, because my previous paladin died to those wyrms. Guaranteed Ice Queen greater vault was Giants, I cleared it and found Ironfist there.

Some pictures in album:
http://imgur.com/a/pNIZn

Memorial file:

nanomage
12-30-2015, 10:16 PM
congratulations! trashing your potion store with poison hands is something that everyone does at some point of time.
Crown of science is a guaranteed one, it's always in the same place.

Shinae
12-31-2015, 07:51 AM
Oh yeah. I somehow missed Crown of Science, probably because teleportisis in Darkforge. Doesn't really matter. I would have not used it. I'm surprised I only found 1 Ring of Djinni Summoning. I cleared ring shop at D:1 several times and dipped several big stacks of rings into !exchange. I never got barbarian quest done either, my first kill was unfortunately giant rat and at level 15 I didn't find enough of those and didn't feel like going to ID or low level dungeons to grind them.

I guess I can now start focusing on ultra endings and additional content if I roll a good character. I got no more pressure about finishing the game for the first time, I can finally play more relaxed.

Elitist
01-01-2016, 12:17 AM
Really good logs here! Well done!

Take a visit to the bug temple, sometime, if you're feeling it. It's really nice, if you know what you're doing.

Kyreles
01-16-2016, 12:59 AM
I'm surprised I only found 1 Ring of Djinni Summoning. I cleared ring shop at D:1 several times and dipped several big stacks of rings into !exchange.

I believe shops can only generate danger level appropriate items and you can only ever get 1 ring from dipping1 (http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2964)

Thanks for the feedback. I have added ad additional adjustment that just will prevent you from repeatedly creating wishing items by dipping. Thus a normal player can have the excitement and fun of generating such items once, but wish farmers are out of luck.

But congrats on the win!

Shinae
01-16-2016, 09:55 AM
I believe shops can only generate danger level appropriate items and you can only ever get 1 ring from dipping1 (http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2964)
But congrats on the win!

Yeah I noticed that later on other thread. I somehow missed that in change log or just forgot. I knew the shop won't generate the ring, but I was gaining big stacks of DL:1 rings for dipping. I even dipped in wrong place anyways, I used DH:2 for dipping.

But thanks. First victory feels so good after years of playing. Second one will be much easier I believe, now that I know what I am facing.