PDA

View Full Version : The RNG giveth, and the RNG taketh away

Anonyone
07-31-2009, 03:50 PM
Level 20 DE barbarian, precrowned with bracers or war and decked out with all sorts of other goodies, died to Shyssiryxius (Blub's mom). I wanted to kill her for all the experience and the ability to take whatever I wanted from the cave. I cast darkness, did two tremendous blows on her bringing her to severely damaged, and she ran. After a while of very carefully chasing her around, I cornered her and cast darkness again. Then I attacked- 310 HPs gone in one round :( apparently she can fight back in darkness if she's cornered.

It's a shame too, the RNG had been so good to this guy. Adding insult to injury, I noticed after I died that Preserver must have been generated in the water dragon's cave. He would've been unstoppable. =/

brim
08-01-2009, 12:17 AM
Man that sucks, I lost a really promising character to Blub's mum not too long ago as well, though not as promising as yours sounds. That water breath is a bitch!

Fellun
08-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Just rolled a wizard, killed hotz (took me to lvl 5) and went into ID. Down first stairs I get a danger message but see a spell book two squares away. On the way there get blasted by invis ogre magi. Wacky. Who let one of those free on ID2????

Silfir
08-01-2009, 01:05 AM
My very personal opinion? This is what you deserve for committing the sin of XP greed...

Anonyone
08-01-2009, 01:46 AM
My very personal opinion? This is what you deserve for committing the sin of XP greed...

Yeah, you're right. I didn't really need it, I was one-shotting everything with my eternium two handed sword. I even came close to clearing out a threat room of Ki-Rins in the rift, but I stopped for alignment reasons. My goal was to hit level 22 so that I could get the Axe of the Minotaur Emperor and hopefully find an AoLS and a RoI along the way, but in retrospect I realize that there are much safer ways of doing that.

It's a mistake I won't make again. ;)

Grey
08-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Indeed, the thread title is misleading - it was not the RNG that tooketh away. Of course I'm very guilty of greed deaths with Blup's mom myself... If you search the forums you'll find many duplicate stories of your misadventure :)