PDA

View Full Version : Disarm question

Shinae
03-08-2016, 07:46 AM
Is there any equipment that prevents disarm? Or melee weapon that cannot be disarmed? I know Dex and Weapon skill helps a lot, but just wondering if any other way to prevent this. My previous duelist even got disarmed sometimes with really high weapon skill and dex.

*Shinae's DW melee character stares at ratling vault in horror*

Blasphemous
03-08-2016, 08:13 AM
No way to do that unfortunately.
I have always found it ridiculous that you could get disarmed by inexperienced duelists even when you have mastery in the weapon you're using.
I've been forever thinking on an RFE to address that - PC duelists would not be "disarmable" with lvl 11 weapon marks, while regular chars - lvl 13.
Perhaps a very small chance for that with an extremely experienced ratling duelist but that's it.

Shinae
03-08-2016, 08:25 AM
It happens way too often. I don't mind the disarm as game mechanic, but getting disarmed several times in a row should be less likely imo. And yeah high marks should pretty much prevent it, unless you get really unlucky.

Soirana
03-08-2016, 09:48 AM
Is there any equipment that prevents disarm? Or melee weapon that cannot be disarmed? I know Dex and Weapon skill helps a lot, but just wondering if any other way to prevent this. My previous duelist even got disarmed sometimes with really high weapon skill and dex.

*Shinae's DW melee character stares at ratling vault in horror*

If you wield something that does not count for melee weapon they won't.

In theory huge rock gets benefit from thrown rocks skill (even in melee slot) and is something like 1d20 damage by itself. Not really practical solution for duelist....