PDA

View Full Version : Exchange on lumps?

blunk
03-13-2016, 03:32 PM
I did a minor screw up and swimmed river on D10 half way, game reminds me I don't have a blanket and ruin scrolls and rust random assortments.
Dwarf town on D11.

I've dug to khelavaster and need to go back up.

I assume I can try potion of exchange on "lump of clay"-stack, anyone used that with success?
Any idea how many lumps will be transformed?

If unsuccessful I'll leave scrolls and iron behind for now.

Soirana
03-13-2016, 03:44 PM
2. I assume I can try potion of exchange on "lump of clay"-stack, anyone used that with success?
1. Any idea how many lumps will be transformed?

If unsuccessful I'll leave scrolls and iron behind for now.

PoE accepts stack with lower than 20s weight (40 for missiles I believe). Weight of lump is 5s. So less than 4 lumps, since 4 lumps is 20s.

Problem is most of tools are low DL. In your situation you cut just eternium ingots. IMHO, not worth, since arena quest should provide with proper blanket.

blunk
03-13-2016, 04:41 PM
PoE accepts stack with lower than 20s weight (40 for missiles I believe). Weight of lump is 5s. So less than 4 lumps, since 4 lumps is 20s.

Problem is most of tools are low DL. In your situation you cut just eternium ingots. IMHO, not worth, since arena quest should provide with proper blanket.

Of course arena granted me rolf saviour instead, oh well random dungeons will maybe provide.

anon123
03-13-2016, 06:02 PM
If you were lucky enough to generate Moon Sickle at this point, you could kill some animated trees and dip the resulting logs into potions of raw chaos. They will never explode.

mjkittredge
03-15-2016, 05:47 AM
If you were lucky enough to generate Moon Sickle at this point, you could kill some animated trees and dip the resulting logs into potions of raw chaos. They will never explode.

Why do logs never explode?

_Ln_
03-15-2016, 07:43 AM
Go to Lawenohlotehl, buy keys from Skriek for, say, 10000 gp, get a 19 key stack and dip in 1 potion.

I guarantee you some blankets.

Soirana
03-15-2016, 09:13 AM
Why do logs never explode?

Why do things explode?

Apparently that happens if thing is transformed into itself. Most people believe that item generated follow similar rules with as generating drop of that type (DL is sometimes ignored).
If item such as log never drops randomly (well, it drops randomly if you kill animated tree but that is like special case), it never gets generated with raw chaos pots >>> it can't be transformed into itself.

So special case items like logs, golden balls, etc are safe to dip.

blunk
03-15-2016, 11:09 AM
Go to Lawenohlotehl, buy keys from Skriek for, say, 10000 gp, get a 19 key stack and dip in 1 potion.

I guarantee you some blankets.

Will try and remember that, I probably killed him along with hotz.
Not sure I have the gold in this game due to de and no hmw yet.
I did get a wb but now lack fb to do dfg.

_Ln_
03-16-2016, 12:30 PM
I did get a wb but now lack fb to do dfg.

Reminds me of debug print messages I insert in my code when I work on it.

blunk
03-16-2016, 07:54 PM
Reminds me of debug print messages I insert in my code when I work on it.

Yes, that looked a bit ugly but I blame a combination of posting from mobile device and too many years of computer acronyms.