PDA

View Full Version : Wizard Mode

Zargen
03-30-2008, 07:07 AM
Does ADOM have one? >.o Just curious. I'm tired of dieing by level 15. Kind of wondering if theres one so I can poke around the game without the fear of dieing in the next encounter :rolleyes:

theotherhiveking
03-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Are you talking about god mode?

Zargen
03-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Basically. Nethack, Slash'em, and Soup have one for puttering around. Every time you get killed you get a Do you want to die? (Y/N) message when in Wizard mode.

Sradac
03-30-2008, 04:26 PM
pretty sure it dosent and i for one am glad. it keeps the mystery up. play more and get better if you want to see all the exotic locations in the game, we all had to. no cheaters here! I hope...maybe some save scummers but thats about it!

Scienceman123
03-30-2008, 06:05 PM
pretty sure it dosent and i for one am glad. it keeps the mystery up. play more and get better if you want to see all the exotic locations in the game, we all had to. no cheaters here! I hope...maybe some save scummers but thats about it!

I'm a cheater.

NMBLNG
03-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Yeah, occasionally I'll save-scum when I generate a really good character. Like the DarkElven Bard that started out with 5 talents...

Worst Player... ever
03-30-2008, 11:40 PM
I was in the military during the first gulf war in 1991. I never left the US, nor did I even go on a ship despite the fact that I was in the Navy for 4 years. Nonetheless, I'm considered to be a 'gulf war veteran' and I earned some ribbons for that fact alone. So on those occasions when we're talking about military life, and real veterans start talking about the times they actually got shot at, I usually feel pretty lame.

I'm getting to my point...

We all play the game in the way that we most enjoy... it's all good. But seriously, if you've savescummed your wins, and talk to people who won the game without savescumming, doesn't it make you uncomfortable in a similar kind of fashion? :D

Epythic
03-31-2008, 11:33 AM
It does, if you use the right compile flags :)

Try:
adom -o