PDA

View Full Version : ETA on Steam Deluxe features?

Couchfighter
03-31-2016, 11:13 PM
I really hate to be that guy for critizising a game that I have loved so much for so many years, but I feel it would be good to hear if anyone knows when we can expect the Steam version of the game to be feature complete?

Online friends leaderboards for example was a huge draw for me for getting the game on Steam, I love that friendly competitiveness with my friendos and its starting to feel a bit strange that so many months after release it still isn't a thing.

Crowdmode, while implemented seems to be not functional in the way it is described as. We made a Steam group dedicated to crowd mode games but we gave up on the whole thing because no matter how many we get playing at the same time, the game would still be VERY difficult. Talking goblins enemies with PV in the 15-20 range at low experience levels, for example, in a game when I had 6 other friends playing at the same time. So that probably needs some tweaking, or just an explanation that it is just a rock hard game mode.

Ghost exchange was also a lovely idea that I was very excited about, up until my lowbie characters would start dying en masse to vile spirits in their tutorial and village dungeons. I don't want them removed but they definitely feel like they should be adjusted, either in power or when in the game they start appearing.

Anyway, I thought I would make this topic to inquire if anyone knows if and when ADOM Deluxe will have all its advertised features implemented! It has been on steam since november last year already and there has been little in the way of community updates over on the Steam platform.

-Couchy

Couchfighter
04-04-2016, 02:20 PM
Not a peep from anyone on this, really?

Blank4u47
04-04-2016, 03:12 PM
All I can say is that I consider most of the things promised a long term thing, as in a few years. I guess TB has been working on finishing the lite rpg so now that that's done, there's a few tweaks and bug fixes on their way then we get some features. This is from what I've read over the past few months anyways.

Pumpkinreaper
04-04-2016, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I bought the steam version because of all the things that were promised. Back in January there was an update exclusively for backers, so it's a little annoying that it's April now with nothing for the steam version.

I mean, even a peep from the head dev every once in a while would be nice, or occasionally showing off some of the things that are being worked on.

pjsb1
04-05-2016, 12:51 AM
My guess on upcoming content is that this coming update will fix the problems with r65 and then if r66 comes out smoothly they will start work on the volcano quest. The only thing holding them back from the volcano quest the was the stuff that they are working on right now for r66. Personally I think we'll be getting quite a bit more content by the end of the year.

Jarinex
04-05-2016, 12:55 AM
I believe TB just got back from a two week vacation, so I hope we will be hearing something soon. If you guys follow the devs twitters, they actually show off a lot of things that they have been working on (such as Ravenmore and some of the new tiles and sprites for enemies).

Couchfighter
04-05-2016, 05:47 AM
That sounds nice but I don't use Twitter myself, nor does it feel right that players should have to hunt down and follow individual developers on all the different types of social medias for updates about their games. Would much rather appreciate it being centralized either on the developer site (aka here) or on the game hubs on the relevant digital distribution services it is sold on.

pjsb1
04-05-2016, 10:19 AM
I would agree that perhaps a community manager/outreach person (a volunteer maybe? ADOM isn't a huge sprawling thing so it shouldn't be too hard, but what do I know.) would be helpful, especially for the people who look at the Steam store page and see that the last update was in January when on the website we see that The Creator has indeed been working on the game.

Personally I don't mind because I will just keep playing the game forever and ever no matter what, but for the people looking at the steam page it might be important to know that someone is there to listen.

Jarinex
04-05-2016, 04:20 PM
You know, that would actually be nice if they were to do that. They should definitely think about doing that.

I was just so interested in the game and wanted to know more, so I went to their twitters to satiate my desire for what they are doing. :p

Blank4u47
04-05-2016, 04:31 PM
So, I'm probably the only person here who doesn't get the whole Twitter thing, but maybe someone could copy/paste what's on there and put it into the two forums? Maybe I will if I can figure out what it is?

Jarinex
04-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Most of the stuff I've seen is mostly art stuff (I'm a newbie to roguelikes, so I enjoy sprites more) from Ravenmore's twitter. Here is a recent twitter post about some of the interface style changes that are going to be implemented.

https://twitter.com/RavenmoreArt/status/713667030872940544

I also know that Oneiros (the music maker) posts every now and then. Sadly you can't really hear it unless he posts it to soundcloud :p

Here is his twitter https://twitter.com/psynthc

TB posts some things as well, but he doesn't post too much on the ADOM twitter, but there are things every now and then

https://twitter.com/adom_dev

I don't know about any other twitters atm.

Sorry about kinda derailing this thread a little, since it was originally about where the Steam Deluxe Features are at in development.

Blank4u47
04-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Thanks! Don't worry about derailment, its a multi-person conversation, so it's to be expected and in this case appreciated :)

Couchfighter
04-05-2016, 06:42 PM
No worries about derailing, this is exactly the kind of stuff I'm thirsty to hear about. :) The new art looks promising, especially the monster memory screen is a huge improvement!

Jarinex
04-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Well shoot, I should derail threads more often :D

Anyways, yeah, I am excited for a lot of the stuff they are doing. I do hope they update us soon on when the next update is.