PDA

View Full Version : how to continue

commander
04-03-2016, 12:21 PM
Hi everybody,
I am brand new in this forum and have been playing adom now for app. 5 years, sporadically though. I always play a lawful dwarven priest.
For the first time altogether now, I have reached experience level 18, have completed (in that order) Kranach kill, puppy cave, Keetrax kill, kill Hotzenplotz, all five Thrundarr quests, Old Barbarian quest and north-western-cave Ring of High Kingīs quest and South-western Gremlin cave with Caladrial phial quest. This is just general information for your answers, I am hoping for. I am now looking for a way to continue the game with quests. At this very moment I am in the mountain village in the south-east.

Question:
1. Somewhere I have read about the Ice Queen (and her quests) in the middle-West, app 8 tyles west of the Tower of Eternal Flames. Problem is, I do not find her in my map. Is that a bug? Or do I have to do something else? Or ist it too early for me in the game for her?
2. IF (by your information) I manage to find her. Is it wise to continue with her quests? Or do you recommend a different proceding?

Thank you in advance for your answers and greetings from Frankfurt, Germany

Blasphemous
04-03-2016, 01:10 PM
Tell us first what version of adom you're playing - Ice Queen Domain is a relatively new addition and if it's not there, you might be playing an old version of the game.

Blank4u47
04-03-2016, 01:15 PM
IQD should be just north of gremlin cave by about 5 tiles, it looks like a white o. You can access it by lvl 15, but swimming/water breathing is highly recommended as well as cold resist.

commander
04-03-2016, 06:12 PM
- I am playing 1.2.0 Prerelease 20
- I cannot find it 5 tiles north of the Gremlin Cave the IQD, cannot find a whiteish o. I have ring of fish for waterbreathing and have cold recist.

Any different ideas?

Blank4u47
04-03-2016, 07:07 PM
In pre-20 IQD doesn't exist. Upgrade. There's a free release available. At this point I'd recommend you do darkforge then dive into the CoC past the water temple, then come back up and do the fire temple.

commander
04-04-2016, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the hints. Still I have some questions concerning your answer:
1. Can I upgrade and still continue with my current game or do I then have to start a whole new character?
2. Anything I need to consider (certain equipment, certain intrinsics, certain spells, etc.?) to be able to pass darkforge, then water temple (where is it, app. which floor?), then fire temple (I think, by that you mean the Tower of Eternal Flames, right?)?
3. Would you recommend the find-Blubīs-mom-Quest? And how and where can I find the entrance in the river?

Blasphemous
04-04-2016, 09:40 AM
1) Save compatibility between versions was introduced later I think, so you probably won't be able to play from this save file in newer versions. Might give it a try but I wouldn't put my hopes up.
2) Water temple is a few levels below DH, it's not fixed to any particular level though. Dfg is mostly fire based - golems breathe fire. Kherab is non-hostile but if you accidentally attack him, it's a very quick and gruesome death, he hits like a greater moloch. Golems also hit hard and have 40 PV so you need to have both high PV of your own and a decent melee attack OR construct/humanoid slayers (~10 should be enough). Bear in mind that when you clear dfg, it randomly spawns more of its usual denizens so you might be blocked off by a steel golem on your way out. Preferably kill as few of them as possible to avoid additional monster generation. Last advice - teleportation is funny in dfg ;)
3) Use search function, that's all I need to say ;)

commander
04-04-2016, 11:55 AM
Great hints, thank you very much.
Bye