PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at the tomb

NathanGarro
04-15-2016, 08:31 PM
After my troll weaponsmith cleaned out the tower of eternal flames, i decided to get the ring of the high kings, as it was close by. However, when i got to the tomb itself, i realised that i had no way to actually cross it. Now normally, that wouldn't be a problem, as i could easily go out, find a wand of an ogre mage or something. However, not in this case, as the level just above the tomb got infested with chaos spawns. What that means is, if i go out, it will quickly fill up and become nearly unpassable, and i will most likely be unable to return. That is most upsetting and i really wish now i had found a wand of frost beforehand.

JellySlayer
04-15-2016, 08:43 PM
Do you have teleport/control? One option would be to go up, teleport immediately to stairs, and leave the level. Scroll of vermin control could work, though I've found them to be somewhat unreliable.

There is a hidden wand of cold in the ice queen domain.

Blank4u47
04-15-2016, 08:57 PM
It's pretty unreliable, but if you have blessed scroll of familiar summoning you can have it gain xp killing chaos spawn then going back down to heal in tomb. It'll help you clear those bastards out faster at least. Not sure, but maybe invisibility can help as well?

NathanGarro
04-15-2016, 09:05 PM
Hey thanks, that worked! I didn't even know about the wand in the ice queen domain. Very useful, that. In other news, 3 of the 4 scrolls of corruption removal given to me by Mystic have been destroyed by environmental hazards. Sure, they're scrolls, easily destructable, bound to happen sometime, but really.

Blasphemous
04-15-2016, 10:53 PM
That's why I stash the scrolls in ogre cave or pyramid right after I get them - too valuable to have them drenched by water traps or torn to shreds by some exploding door.