PDA

View Full Version : Speedruns with every class?

Blasphemous
05-23-2016, 09:41 AM
Has anybody tried this before?
I know some classes are more suited to fast games than others and some would prove very challenging.
I'm no big fan of speedruns, however I'm thinking of giving the idea another shot.
I'd start with wizards and barbs since these appear to be the best choice for this type of game.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a list of best scores/turncounts for each class, to have a general idea of what numbers are doable?
Maybe there is already such a high score somewhere?
I've seen Jouni clocking in a number of random sub 50k games on the ancardia server.
I think it would be a start.

EDIT:
Here's the list so far, starting with chars around R51 onward:

Archer 33853 yhal003
Assassin 48398 koctyxa
Barbarian
Bard
Beastfighter 43163 jouni
Chaos Knight
Druid
Duelist 49476 Tyrnyx
Elementalist
Farmer 32396 JellySlayer
Fighter
Healer 26083 jouni
Merchant 22204 JellySlayer
Mindcrafter
Monk 47314 jouni
Necromancer
Paladin 49024 seol
Priest 25004 JellySlayer
Ranger 27228 JellySlayer
Thief
Weaponsmith
Wizard 49945 jouni

Plenty of room for everybody so exercise your fingers and get to work ;)

pjsb1
05-23-2016, 11:18 AM
What class do you think would be the slowest?

grobblewobble
05-23-2016, 11:26 AM
Weaker classes will be slower. Thief will be one of the hardest classes to achieve a low turncount with.

Also: fun idea! I wish I had some more time..

Blasphemous
05-23-2016, 11:42 AM
Later today I'm going to compile a table with the best results on ancardia servers.
I'll only consider recent prereleases for that, since the old speedruns with poex wish engines and other exploits no longer available would not be the best choices for comparison.
Then I guess I could start figuring out how to best beat the times.

Also, what do we understand by low turncount?
For me, 60k is a low turncount since my regular games take about twice that.
For many, 50k is standard so I'd consider 25k a low turncount.

grobblewobble
05-23-2016, 11:47 AM
There have been some changes that are relevant to speedruns (mainly the ones affecting xp gain), but ironically wish engines are not very relevant here. :) They cost so much time to set up that it's just never been worth it for a speed run.

In older versions there was a bug that made it possible to lower turncount artificially, though. Has that been fixed? If you find any win with a turncount of 1, you know the answer. ;)

grobblewobble
05-23-2016, 11:56 AM
Also, what do we understand by low turncount?

It's always been a gradual thing. Imho, it works something like this for non-casters:

< 50k: good aim for practice and already challenging if you're not used to fast play
< 40k: good limit if you want to make it with weaker R/C like thieves and the like, challenging for stronger classes
< 30k: real speedrun
< 20k: realm of record times

blunk
05-23-2016, 12:01 PM
I've been considering speed runs but I dont know how much time I spend in each dungeon or wilderness, taking notes of that will help a lot regarding what to skip.
Otoh the most extreme runs skip everything they can.

Rick
05-23-2016, 12:45 PM

With a wizard wanted to be as fast as possible to see at which point problems starts...at 5000 turns I was under "da" animated forest (the way SMC-UD-CoC, taking stairs down ASAP), 3000 turns after I was back on the surface with the water orb and khelly dead...then the Tower really put your feet on the ground, no equipment, no real good offence, no WoDigging or PickAxe (a single wand lost on the way up), normally at this point I should go for other places to scum some equipments but the point is not to do it. So he's dead on top level of the tower, when praying for a pickaxe resulted in satiation (burn, little mortal, burn, with your stomach full..) at 8100 turns...
Fastest game (with no intention to be fast) was an Human Archer in 78000 turns...I think I'm not really good in things done fast:)

Blasphemous
05-23-2016, 12:48 PM
The best I ever did was a drake barb at 48k.
I have a vague recollection of what it was like but seem to recall a lot of this stuff was based on luck, like getting crowned with vanq pretty early.

pjsb1
05-23-2016, 01:33 PM
I've never even skipped the eternal guardian so I don't think I'd have a chance at this. Plus for some reason I've never won with an archer, they always die due to non-combat reasons one way or the other. So any class that ends up using mostly missiles won't work well for me...

grobblewobble
05-23-2016, 02:03 PM
Maybe the goalpost should be set at 50k, or even 60k turns. That is already a fast pace, and yet allows more flexibility in your approach. It gives you room to do optional sidequests, and lets you pass the EG peacefully, as long as you don't fully explore all dungeon floors.

Hopefully a 50k limit would get more people interested to participate, while still being challenging enough to be fun. It would allow a lot of people to break their personal records.

Blasphemous
05-23-2016, 02:18 PM
I think that 50k is a good number, I know it would certainly force me to do some major re-evaluation of what is worth the time in the long run and what is not.

JellySlayer
05-23-2016, 08:18 PM
It's always been a gradual thing. Imho, it works something like this for non-casters:

< 50k: good aim for practice and already challenging if you're not used to fast play
< 40k: good limit if you want to make it with weaker R/C like thieves and the like, challenging for stronger classes
< 30k: real speedrun
< 20k: realm of record times

Yeah, I more or less agree with this. Take off about 10k across the board for wizards.

I don't know about other casters, honestly. Priests probably speedrun the same as melee, I expect, since they don't get a lot of bolt spells and teleport is pretty rare for them. Necros and Druids and maybe Elementalists are probably a bit faster since you can do more with bolt spells, but low concentration and literacy rolls will really hurt them.

A lot of the speedruns are probably quite similar in terms of the playstyle, I expect.

Blasphemous
05-23-2016, 10:28 PM
I intend to make the most out of races for each class.
An elven necro maxes out concentration and learning really fast though they seem to be getting frost bolt books all the time so other bolts might be tough to get.

Blasphemous
05-30-2016, 10:28 AM
Here's the compilation of current sub 50k runs gathered from ancardia servers, as far back as R51 (or R48):

Archer
Assassin 48398 koctyxa
Barbarian
Bard
Beastfighter 43163 jouni
Chaos Knight
Druid
Duelist
Elementalist
Farmer
Fighter
Healer
Merchant 48051 jouni
Mindcrafter
Monk 47314 jouni
Necromancer
Paladin 49024 seol
Priest
Ranger
Thief
Weaponsmith
Wizard 49945 jouni

If anybody has some private speedruns and wishes to fill in the list, post them.
There's a bunch of runs that are in the 50-60k range but I did not include them, the maximum entry turncount is already generous.

I will put this list in the original post and update it there as applicable.

grobblewobble
05-30-2016, 10:54 AM
There are still a lot of fun and strong classes to do left. Duelist, chaos knight, barbarian..

Blasphemous
05-30-2016, 02:08 PM
I'm trying to do an archer. Not going to say how well (or how poorly) I'm doing so far but there is something alluring about skipping all that exploration and just rushing for the staircase asap.

JellySlayer
05-30-2016, 05:39 PM
I have a recent Farmer speedrun here (http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread.php/14691-YAVP-Farmer-Speedrun-%2832k%29), turncount was 32396.
[edit]Just finished a Ranger with 27228 (http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread.php/14716-YAVP-Ranger-Speedrun-%2827k%29?p=109525#post109525)

yhal003
05-30-2016, 08:51 PM
Does "stupid follower" ending count for chaos knights? I had one (http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread.php/14254-CK-most-stupid-follower) in 24862 turns a while ago, back when I had time to play :(.

pjsb1
05-30-2016, 10:09 PM
Does "stupid follower" ending count for chaos knights? I had one (http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread.php/14254-CK-most-stupid-follower) in 24862 turns a while ago, back when I had time to play :(.

Sure, it counts as a stupid follower ending speedrun.

JellySlayer
05-31-2016, 05:22 AM
Some figures from my most recent game that seem interesting/relevant.

I decided to count the average number of turns per dungeon level. A level, I pretty much defined as any area that I visit, either in passing or in exploration. So the Pyramid, say, is 5 levels--3 up and 2 down. My crude estimate is that my Ranger went through about 180 levels total, so an average of 27000/180=150 turns per level. Breaking the game down a little more fine-grained is more interesting though. I used:

~4000 turns to finish the UD (10 levels including the HMV).
~2500 to reach DT from here (11 levels including the wilderness)
~8500 turns to finish the ToEF from this point (~60 levels)
~12000 turns to finish the game (~100 levels)

In terms of turns per level, this breaks down to ~400 tpl in very early game, ~250 tpl in early-midgame, ~140 tpl in midgame, ~120 tpl in endgame. I suspect that the early/mid value of 200-250 tpl is probably about what I get on average for exploring a new level, and probably 60ish tpl is for explored levels, averaging out to 120. Early game is obviously quite a drag on turncount, but endgame is worse, if anything, since you have to cross almost 100 levels and there's only a handful that you care about. Both of my last two speedruns had ~12k endgame, from the looks of it. Getting teleportitis by ToEF is probably a huge boon to turncount... I'd imagine getting below 20k without it would be extremely tough for a non-caster.

Blasphemous
05-31-2016, 08:31 AM
Interesting numbers, they give some rough estimation of how long each part of the game one could expect to take.
My archer is lvl 11, emerged from UD with 19/15 DV/PV and I'm standing at 4800 turns, but I also visited PC and VD, obtaining healing the lawful way.
Teleportitis, ugh... I might have to re-evaluate its usefulness just for the purpose of speedrunning. I can imagine how it has a huge potential to save many turns.

Jelly, did you do the Terrinyo dungeons or did you dive straight through UD?

grobblewobble
05-31-2016, 09:02 AM
I can imagine how it has a huge potential to save many turns.

For speedrunning it is pure gold. And not only because of the obvious time saving on walking.

The thing is, when you hurry to reach goals like the Tower asap, you will find yourself running out of basic resources like booze, or at least they become real constraints. Teleportitis can help you deal with many problems when you don't have an abundance of basic stuff.. it lets you get past rivers, grab the mystic rewards easily and early, and so on..

I hope you do have control?

Blasphemous
05-31-2016, 12:32 PM
I don't have control but neither do I have teleportitis. I'm just planning ahead when that inevitable pixie corpse shows up ;)

JellySlayer
05-31-2016, 07:26 PM
Interesting numbers, they give some rough estimation of how long each part of the game one could expect to take.
My archer is lvl 11, emerged from UD with 19/15 DV/PV and I'm standing at 4800 turns, but I also visited PC and VD, obtaining healing the lawful way.
Teleportitis, ugh... I might have to re-evaluate its usefulness just for the purpose of speedrunning. I can imagine how it has a huge potential to save many turns.

Jelly, did you do the Terrinyo dungeons or did you dive straight through UD?

That was a straight UD dive, but it was quite slow. I don't remember why it took so long.

Blasphemous
06-01-2016, 12:09 PM
I'm trying to determine the value of RCT for speedruns.
With the inherent lack of items, due to skipping the dungeon exploration, a guaranteed demon slayer with good stats must be extremely useful against the wyrm.
I'm thinking that in this regard, raven has the obvious advantage over other starsigns.
I'm just wondering how lucky drops of weapons or missiles could offset not having the trident.

grobblewobble
06-01-2016, 03:25 PM
The RCT is extremely good, especially for classes that don't excel at spellcasting. Raven is one of the best starsigns, no doubt about it. Candle (and tree, for the bonus to PV and To) can be worth considering as alternative if you want to emphasize early game survival, but long-term there is no contest.

JellySlayer
06-02-2016, 10:55 PM
I'm trying to determine the value of RCT for speedruns.
With the inherent lack of items, due to skipping the dungeon exploration, a guaranteed demon slayer with good stats must be extremely useful against the wyrm.
I'm thinking that in this regard, raven has the obvious advantage over other starsigns.
I'm just wondering how lucky drops of weapons or missiles could offset not having the trident.

I find it to be pretty invaluable. For non-trolls (maybe mist elves?), it's pretty much guaranteed right when you hit the Tower, and you're usually hurting for a better weapon by that point unless you've got very lucky with drops. You could maybe get Big Punch or the Griff set as a decent alternative--I would intentionally mess up the AF/DH quest for a second random monster, which you can get pretty fast because it's usually just a troll or something. Total turncount for all the dwarf quests at least 3k turns or so though. Alternative is to hope that you find an eternium 2hander (not unusual) or something else decent in Darkforge. That's really the only good options for guaranteed weapons.

I've been experimenting with starts using the random dungeons instead of UD. Hope was to get an altar in Putrid Cave (the cavernous one) for quick (pre)crown. So far... it's pretty rough. Finding the place is a nuisance (wilderness encounters are annoyingly frequent when you're speedrunning ;) ), and you need to be pretty buff to survive it--it's about the same DL as PC:5, maybe a touch higher. I was thinking it would be a good place for a paladin hoping for a <4k turn Justifier crowning, but I'm not sure that it's consistently survivable unless you are doing bloody dagger starts or something similar. Caster might be able to do it, but they're better off going to crumbling/ancient cave and hoping they can kill a few monsters--high spawn rate areas aren't that great for casters with low PP and no gear. Anybody who starts with scrolls can also do a decent crumbling cave run if they start with familiar summoning. All of this is in the annoyingly high risk category though.

Soirana
06-04-2016, 02:01 PM
I've been experimenting with starts using the random dungeons instead of UD. Hope was to get an altar in Putrid Cave (the cavernous one) for quick (pre)crown. So far... it's pretty rough. Finding the place is a nuisance (wilderness encounters are annoyingly frequent when you're speedrunning ;) )
For a class which starts with herbalism, how about skipping extra dungeons (I don't get what you are doing in UD at all) and harvesting herbs/xp in big room. Dwarf can easily sell enough curaria/alraunia/whatever to get crowned, by the time you emerge from UD.

Tyrnyx
06-07-2016, 12:09 AM
I have this one that I wasn't trying for a speed-run and got juuust under 50K turns:

http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread.php/13197-9-Races-Down-3-to-Go-B-the-Ratling-Duelist

It's from a looong time ago but since you don't have one for a Duelist yet I thought I'd list this.

I also had an un-uploaded Ratling farmer win that came in at 49191 but since Jellyslayer crushed that score I wont even upload it. For the record I don't try for these speed runs, I'm just a naturally fast player - strangely enough I don't think I have the patience to speed run.

Also, just gonna say that the duelist one is pretty impressive since I did it wishless while the Ratling farmer I did I think had two early game wishes from the same pool (an early set of rings of regen and RDSM can reeaally speed things up).

Blasphemous
06-07-2016, 10:32 AM
I added your duelist to the list.

Blasphemous
06-10-2016, 10:18 AM
My archer is doing fine, all things considered.
I'm not doing the most efficient run imaginable, just one that is considerably quicker than my regular 'full-explore' runs.

I have just completed the tower, not without perturbations.
Here's a few highlights:
Dwarf gave me the shield so since I had no really good weapons, I decided to get the axe as well; it's a very nice setup and together with fire corpses and ele gauntlets, I was immune to the tower's environmental effects.
Sadly, in the turns preceding ToEF, I had a lot of backtracking for a few reasons.
Passed the animated forest and met kelly.
River blocked my way to the water temple and I had to use 4 charges of the wand of cold I was stashing for the tower.
Then I forgot to talk to the dwarf about the next quest and had to backtrack a few levels.

Finally with two blankets and spellbooks of tele and frost bolt (book shop in a random cavern), I felt ready for the tower.
Enter the first level, a horde of fire giants in a tension room blocking my way.
Killed some, fire kings spawned elsewhere so I outmaneuvered them and ascended.
First blanket burned.
Que the grue, I get corrupted with mana battery. Grrr so much for my wand of cold, tele, poison and digging.
I wrenched the digging wand and dug the rest of the tunnel to the wyrm with pickaxe, I had plenty of those.
While I'm bookcasting frost bolt and reading scrolls of power, second blanket burns then fire takes away my frost bolt spellbook.
With no protection from fire, the tower environment wrecks havoc in my inventory but the wyrm emerges from the crowd and follows me down the corridor.
At one point I get double-blasted to 3 HP but water orb is there. Before the rest of my missiles and missile weapons melted away, I used a single crossbow left with 8 quarrels of anti-demon and 7 anti-dragon, then the wyrm drops.
Now to evacuate from this hellish place asap.
Still, all of my scrolls burned and lots of other items as well.
I'm at 30k turns right now, contemplating if I'm gonna go for the RotHK or not.
An early decision was made to slay all cats asap and avoid wasting time on sparing them.
Best choice ever, I had lots of them generated randomly, many summoned by black wizards too.
Here's the char:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screenshot

######### ####### #########
#.......# #.....# #.......#
##############.......# #.@...#############################......*#
#......./...../.......# #...../.........................../.......#
#.......###########/### #####/###.#########################.......#
#.......# #.# #.# #.# #.......#
#.......# #######/#########.###.#########################.######
#.......# #......./.................].....................#
######### #.......#########.###.########################### #######
#.......# #.# #.# #.....#
######### ###/###.# #####################.....#
#.......# #........./........./.....#
#.......###########.........#####.#####.....#
#...........................# #.....# #...."#
#.......###########/###########..>..# #######
#.......# #.........../.....#
######### ###################

B St:29 Le:21 Wi:17 Dx:26 To:15 Ch:14 Ap:11 Ma:16 Pe:19 L
DV/PV: 50/28 H: 162(162) P: 76(76) Exp: 20/597221 D: 1 M: 30000

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Character Information

B St:29 Le:21 Wi:17 Dx:26 To:15 Ch:14 Ap:11 Ma:16 Pe:19 L
DV/PV: 50/28 H: 162(162) P: 76(76) Exp: 20/597221 M: 30000

Background Information

Name: B Race: female High Elf Class: Archer
Eye color: amber Hair color: golden Complexion: light
Height: 6' Weight: 114 pounds
Star sign: Tree Birthday: 28/Tree (day 358 of the year)

YOUR HISTORY:
Your mother is a mighty enchantress. She is unmarried. Your father
is living in the vicinity of your mother's tower. He is a humble shepherd.
During your childhood one of your uncles taught you a lot of things
about the history of your people. Your vast knowledge on the legends and
the lore of your people made you very popular with your friends because of
all the exciting stories you knew.
In your youth you became seriously ill and suffered for many years.
When your disease finally was cured you were left weakened, both
physically and spiritually, and bereft of the joys of youth.
As a young adult you spent a lot of time searching for a deeper
meaning and purpose in your life. You pondered and pondered but nothing
truly sparked your interest. Finally, after many many hours, you made a
decision.
You decided to become an Archer.

Weapon Skills

Swords 8 +6 +4 +2 excellent 56
Axes 8 +6 +5 +2 excellent 11
Bows 9 +18 +13 +3 excellent 526
Crossbows 3 +6 +4 +1 basic 20
Shields 9 +18 excellent 1165

Damage caused with your melee weapons:
--------------------------------------
Left hand: +71 bonus to hit, 3d6+37 damage

Damage caused with your missile weapons:
----------------------------------------
Ammunition: 30, base range: 26, +72 bonus to hit, 2d6+20 damage

Spells

Frost Bolt : 85, 11pp (Effectivity: +2)
Teleportation: 86, 23pp (Effectivity: +1)

Skills

Alertness ................ 61 (good) [+1d3]
Archery ..................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Backstabbing ............. 53 (good) [+3d3]
Climbing ................. 57 (good) [+3d5]
Concentration ............100 (superb) [+2d4]
Detect traps ............. 23 (mediocre) [+4d4]
Disarm traps ............. 15 (mediocre) [+3d4]
Dodge ....................100 (superb) [+1d5]
First aid ................ 70 (good) [+3d3]
Fletchery ................ 61 (good) [+3d5] (mr)
Haggling ................. 28 (mediocre) [+4d4]
Healing ..................100 (superb) [+1d5]
Listening ................ 90 (great) [+1d3]
Literacy ................. 82 (great) [+1]
Pick locks ............... 15 (mediocre) [+3d4]
Stealth ..................100 (superb) [+1d5]
Tactics .................. 50 (fair) [+1d3]
Two weapon combat ........ 48 (fair) [+1d3]

Effects of Corruption

You are a living mana battery.

Inventory
Total weight: 2001 stones Carrying capacity: 7849 stones

He: uncursed mithril cap [+0, +2] [40s]
Ne: uncursed ankh [3s]
Bo: uncursed ancient mummy wrapping [+1, +5] {Ap-8} [60s]
Gi: uncursed adamantium girdle [+0, +4] [18s]
Cl: -
RH: blessed dwarven shield "Rolf's Saviour" (+2) [+9, +6] [120s]
LH: blessed dwarven rune axe "Rolf's Companion" (+3, 3d6+6) [+4, +4] {To+3}
RR: uncursed ring of minor elemental mastery [+0, +0] [1s]
LR: uncursed ring of mental stability [+0, +1] {Le+1} [1s]
Br: blessed bracers of regeneration [+0, +0] [18s]
Ga: uncursed elemental gauntlets (-1, +0) [+0, +3] [10s]
Bo: -
MW: uncursed light crossbow (+2, +2) [70s]
Mi: bundle of 30 uncursed quarrels (+1, 2d6) [60s]
Tl: uncursed Chaos Orb of Elemental Fire {St+10} [100s]

Stuff

Total weight: 1450 stones Carrying capacity: 7849 stones

Gauntlets ('[')
blessed gloves [+0, +0] [6s]
Necklaces (''')
blessed pendant of beauty {Ap+4} [3s]
blessed amulet of perseverance {Wi+3} [3s]
uncursed amulet of the cold heart {Ch-12} [3s]
One-handed weapons ('(')
uncursed mithril broadsword (+0, 1d7+4) [64s]
uncursed orcish battle axe (-1, 1d7+3) [120s]
uncursed short sword (+0, 1d6) [30s]
uncursed dagger (+0, 1d4-3) [10s]
Missile weapons ('}')
uncursed sling (+2, +1) [3s]
Missiles ('/')
bundle of 5 uncursed eternium drakish scurgari (+9, 2d8+9) [25s]
uncursed arrow (+0, 1d6+2) [2s]
blessed arrow (+0, 1d6+2) [2s]
bundle of 11 blessed quarrels (+3, 2d6) [22s]
bundle of 8 uncursed quarrels of dragon slaying (+3, 2d6+3) [32s]
bundle of 4 uncursed quarrels of demon slaying (+3, 2d6+3) [16s]
bundle of 8 uncursed arrows of humanoid slaying (+3, 1d6+3) [16s]
uncursed black hurthling quarrel (+1, 1d3+5) [2s]
blessed dark elven quarrel (+5, 1d4+3) [2s]
uncursed black hurthling quarrel (+1, 1d3+2) [2s]
uncursed black hurthling quarrel of darkness (+1, 1d3+4) [2s]
bundle of 12 uncursed quarrels (-2, 2d6+3) [24s]
bundle of 7 uncursed quarrels (+1, 2d6+1) [14s]
bundle of 22 uncursed quarrels (+3, 2d6) [44s]
bundle of 13 uncursed arrows (+0, 1d6) [26s]
blessed rock (+0, 1d4) [5s]
heap of 2 uncursed rocks (+0, 1d4) [10s]
bundle of 6 uncursed quarrels of humanoid slaying (+3, 2d6+3) [24s]
bundle of 5 cursed sling bullets of crashing (+5, 5d5) [15s]
heap of 4 cursed rocks (+3, 1d4) [20s]
Tools (']')
uncursed waterproof blanket [10s]
heap of 2 uncursed small keys [2s]
heap of 2 uncursed hexagonal keys [2s]
blessed climbing set [180s]
uncursed triangular key [1s]
uncursed round key [1s]
uncursed Chaos Orb of Elemental Water {Wi+10} [100s]
uncursed piece of iron ore [120s]
cursed mithril ingot [14s]
Rings ('=')
blessed ring of acid resistance [1s]
uncursed ring of fire resistance [1s]
heap of 2 uncursed rings of stun resistance [2s]
uncursed ring of gain attribute {Pe+1} [1s]
heap of 2 uncursed rings of invisibility [2s]
uncursed ring of damage [1s]
Wands ('\')
uncursed wand of fireballs (2 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of door creation (1 charge) [3s]
blessed wand of door creation (4 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of door creation (3 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of poison (0 charges) [3s]
blessed wand of fireballs (2 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of monster creation (3 charges) [3s]
uncursed wand of teleportation (0 charges) [4s]
blessed wand of magic missiles (0 charges) [3s]
Potions ('!')
heap of 4 uncursed potions of invisibility [16s]
uncursed potion of cure poison [2s]
blessed potion of cure poison [2s]
heap of 2 uncursed potions of boost toughness [4s]
heap of 2 uncursed potions of carrot juice [8s]
heap of 3 blessed potions of extra healing [6s]
uncursed potion of potential willpower [4s]
uncursed berzio potion [2s]
blessed potion of confusion [2s]
Scrolls ('?')
uncursed scroll of protection [2s]
heap of 3 uncursed scrolls of power [6s]
heap of 5 uncursed scrolls of identify [10s]
heap of 4 uncursed scrolls of uncursing [8s]
blessed scroll of identify [2s]
Books ('"')
uncursed spellbook of Ice Ball [100s]
Food ('%')
heap of 20 uncursed cooked lizards [60s]
heap of 23 uncursed spenseweeds [46s]
uncursed goblin slavemaster corpse [60s]
Valuables ('$')
9422 gold pieces [94s]
Gems ('*')
heap of 2 uncursed sapphires [2s]
blessed emerald [1s]

Killed Monsters

1918 monsters perished under her attacks.

The following monsters were vanquished:
1 Ancient Chaos Wyrm
6 blink dogs
4 cave lions
10 cave tigers
1 cute dog (lol, I was targeting another monster and pressing t too fast, the dog stepped in...)
9 fire demons
9 fire drakes
2 fire elementals
17 fire giants
2 fire giant kings
1 fire grue
3 red dragons
3 wild cats

Achievements

She survived for 0 years, 79 days, 9 hours, 4 minutes and 22 seconds (30000
turns).
B visited 78 places.
Her strength score was modified by +9 during her career.
Her learning score was modified by +5 during her career.
Her willpower score was modified by +3 during her career.
Her dexterity score was modified by +5 during her career.
Her toughness score was modified by +7 during her career.
Her charisma score was modified by +5 during her career.
Her appearance score was modified by +3 during her career.
Her mana score was modified by +3 during her career.
Her perception score was modified by +4 during her career.
She was the champion of the arena.
She was a member of the thieves guild.

Playing Time

You played for 3 hours, 56 minutes and 5 seconds.

Version Information

Ancient Domains Of Mystery
Release 60
Windows Deluxe Build: Aug 23 2015 16:09:49

Oh hey, I got a rods by dipping 3 stacks of 3 rings each in 3 poex. Guess 3 is my lucky number now. Wished for pairs of bracers of regen, a good choice overall as the tower has shown.
I had 35 PV but 7 burned in that damned place - cloak, boots...
Finally I have a wand of destruction, which might simplify D50 if I get that far, assuming I can get rid of the mana battery.

grobblewobble
06-10-2016, 05:39 PM
What is your potential toughness cap? It would only take 10 morgia roots to raise it to 20, so you could become a lot more buff without burning too many turns..

Blasphemous
06-11-2016, 05:37 PM
About 18 potential and NO morgia anywhere, barely two stable 2x2 patches in the big room, both spense+curaria.
I can't spend holy water to move the patch since I need every bottle... lack of holy water pains me the most in this speedrun.

I checked several caves for some random herbs but so far no luck.

yhal003
06-13-2016, 04:40 AM
Just lost my archer in earth temple at 24k (it turns out 4 pissed off earth elementals punch over 100 hp in one turn ... one of my most idiotic late game deaths). So, lets pick on someone else's char :).

I'm at 30k turns right now, contemplating if I'm gonna go for the RotHK or not.

While under 50k is still possible, you cannot waste any turns on that ring. With teleport control and a spell the guardian is relatively safe to bypass.

An early decision was made to slay all cats asap and avoid wasting time on sparing them.

Monster detection means would be nice ...

heap of 20 uncursed cooked lizards [60s]

Food might a problem especially if you are not crowned.

Blasphemous
06-13-2016, 08:59 AM
Yeah, I intend to query the ratling traders, one should still have some lizards for sale. I'm also hoping for a few stoma patches deeper in CoC.
I have a scroll shop somewhere, I should check out if it restocked.
Also, casino might have a wand or scroll but perhaps it's too much wasted time.
As for the guardian, I have never bypassed him before (or maybe I did so long ago I don't remember that), so this will be my first.
I'm thinking about dark forge, where destroying the golems should push me to L+ and then I will get crowned, plus there could be something nice in the weapon and armor rooms.

yhal003
06-13-2016, 09:28 AM
Checking casino is not a waste of time unless you have absolutely everything needed for a win. Chaos removal, slaying ammo, light source etc. etc. Also, it typically has a lot of water (keep some holy water to bless it, as there might be no altars other than the temple ones). Just remember to remove wands from auto pickup list :D. Did you get the scroll in HMV? That mana battery will sting.

Blasphemous
06-13-2016, 03:29 PM
Hah, I didn't recover the HMV scroll, nice catch.
As for the temples, I intend to lure the guardians out without having to deal with their minions.
My stealth is maxed, plus I will take the stealthy talent and use the cloak of invis that I have somewhere (stashed in pyramid most likely).
Earth temple is my main concern although without enough slaying ammo, Nurgy might be an issue too.

grobblewobble
06-13-2016, 03:58 PM
You weren't planning to use the cloak in the air temple, I hope? :p It would be shredded pretty quickly.

Blasphemous
06-14-2016, 07:50 AM
Nah, come on, I'm not a newbie.

Hoponpop
06-14-2016, 11:02 PM
This seems like it would be really tough lol... I've won the game quite a few times, definitely 5+, but I don't think I've ever speedran a game. I think by now I'd probably have the knowledge to do it, but I'm currently working on beating the game with every class! :P

yhal003
06-18-2016, 09:49 AM
Sorry, Blashemous, but you inspired me and were taking too long with your own run :).

HE archers are not that bad for speed running: propensity to finding slaying ammo, near immunity to missiles and nice starting equipment. Oh and their HP... triple digits ! Although I wish the turn count would at least be lower than farmer's...

Screenshot
Y

^^^^^ ^^^^ ^^^^^^
^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^ ^ ^^^@.^
~~~^*^^=======^^*^^^^^^^^^^^*..^^
&&o&&&&&&&~ ~~~&&&========="""""""&&^~^^^^.^^
^^&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&==""""""""""&&~~~^....^
^^^^^^^^^*^^&&&&&&&&&""""=""""""""""&&&&&o..~^^^
^^*^"""""""""""""""""""=="""""""""&&&&&&&&&&^^^
^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^""""""""""""""""""""=""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&~~^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^"""""&&&&"""*&&&&""""=="""""&&&&&&&&&&&&~~*^^^
~~"o""""^^"""""""""&&&&&&&&&......^^^^=="""""""&&o&&&&~~~~^^^^
"""""""""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&.^^*^^===""""""&&&&&&~~~^^^^
"""""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&....^^^*==="""&&""&&&~~~~~^
"""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&*&&&&&&&&&.""""""===="""""~~ ^^^
""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&""""""==""====""~ ^*^
&^^^*^^^^&&&&&&&&&&&&&&"""""===""""""""~~~ ^~^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^&&&&&&&&&&""""""=^^"""~^^ ^o^
^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^*^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^+^^^ ^^^
^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ddd St:19 Le:25 Wi: 9 Dx:36 To:15 Ch: 4 Ap: 2 Ma:18 Pe:20 N=
DV/PV: 45/27 H: 246(246) P: 121(121) Exp: 34/6982369 DrCh M: 33853
Blessed Hungry Berserk

Jouni
06-18-2016, 10:44 AM
While you're at it Blasph, you could also add my recent 26083 turn dwarven healer speedrun to the list.

Full flg here: http://ancardia.uk.to/adom_users/jouni/flgs/artbel.flg

Screenshot
Y

^^^^^ ^^^ ^^^^^
^^^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^^..^
~~~~^*^^= ^^*^^^ ^^^^^*.@^^
&&o&& &&& ~~~~~~~&&&=== """""""&&^~^^^^.^^
^^&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&==" """""&&~~~^....^
^^^^^^^^^*^^&&&&&&&&&""""=""""""""""&&&&&o..~^^^
^^*^"""""""""""""""""""=="""""""""&&&&&&&&&&^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^""""""""""""""""""""=""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&~
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^"""""&&&&"""*&&&&""""=="""""&&&&&&&&&&&&
~~"o""""^^"""""""""&&&&&&&&&......^^^^=="""""""&&o&&&&~
"""""""""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&.^^*^^===""""""&&&&&&
"""""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&....^^^^==="""&&""&
"""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&*&&&&&&&&&.""""""===="""" ^^^
"""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&""""""==""===="" ^*^
&&&&&&&&&^^^*^^^^&&&&&&&&&&&&&&"""""===""""""""~~ ^~^
&&&&&^^*^^^^^^^^^^^^^*^^&&&&&&&&&&""""""=^^"""~^^ ^o^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*^^^^^^^^+^^^ ^^^
^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Artbel St:16 Le:15 Wi:32 Dx:32 To:23 Ch: 5 Ap: 1 Ma:22 Pe: 8 L+
DV/PV: 29/60 H: 452(452) P: 250(250) Exp: 32/5678064 DrCh M: 26083
Blessed Burdened Berserk

Background Information

Name: Artbel Race: male Dwarf Class: Healer
Eye color: green Hair color: black Complexion: tanned
Height: 4' Weight: 185 pounds
Age: 198 (middle-aged, 138 years of unnatural aging added in)
Star sign: Raven Birthday: 21/Raven (day 21 of the year)

YOUR HISTORY:
Your parents are traveling adventurers. Both are competent,
talented and doing very well.
As a young child you were often alone. You did not have any
friends. You do not like to remember those times. They were very sad.
As a youth you spent a lot of time in the wilds exploring woods and
generally enjoying your freedom. You had a lot of fun and learned to value
the treasures of nature.
Your life as a young adult was characterized by steady
determination. Your goal lay clearly ahead of you and you never strayed
from your path.
You decided to become a Healer.

Inventory
Total weight: 2271 stones Carrying capacity: 2831 stones

He: uncursed eternium cap [+0, +6] [28s]
Ne: blessed necklace of rapid healing [2s]
Bo: uncursed eternium plate mail (-1, -2) [-1, +13] [240s]
Gi: uncursed adamantium girdle [+0, +4] [18s]
Cl: -
RH: blessed dwarven shield "Rolf's Saviour" (+2) [+9, +6] [120s]
LH: blessed dwarven rune axe "Rolf's Companion" (+3, 3d6+6) [+4, +4] {To+3}
RR: uncursed ring of the master cat [+0, +5] {Dx+16} (+16 spd) [1s]
LR: blessed ring of teleport control [1s]
Br: -
Bo: blessed eternium boots [+0, +7] [55s]
MW: -
Mi: blessed rune-covered trident (+6, 3d12+6) [+4, +4] {Dx+12} [80s]
Tl: blessed dwarven pick axe "Hammerhead" (+2, 2d10+4) [+2, +2] {To+3}[90s]

His achievements during his battles:

Artbel, the dwarven healer, saved the world with his brave efforts while
saving himself but once.
He scored 73504680 points and advanced to level 32.
He survived for 0 years, 35 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes and 27 seconds (26083
turns).
Artbel visited 91 places.
His strength score was modified by +7 during his career.
His learning score was modified by +5 during his career.
His willpower score was modified by +8 during his career.
His dexterity score was modified by +3 during his career.
His toughness score was modified by +2 during his career.
His charisma score was modified by +2 during his career.
His appearance score was modified by +2 during his career.
His mana score was modified by +9 during his career.
His perception score was modified by +3 during his career.
He was unnaturally aged by 138 years.
He was the champion of the arena.
He made a little water dragon very happy.
He adhered to the principles of the Cat Lord and thus rose to great fame.
He left the Drakalor Chain after completing his quest and became a famous
hero.
1921 monsters perished under his attacks.
The following 22 artifacts were generated during his adventure:
the si
the dwarven rune axe "Rolf's Companion"
the scythe of corruption "Moon Sickle"
the ring of the master cat
the golden gladius "Death's Sting"
the dwarven shield "Rolf's Saviour"
the Chaos Orb of Elemental Water
the Chaos Orb of Elemental Air
the Chaos Orb of Elemental Fire
the Chaos Orb of Elemental Earth
the obsidian quarrel "Thunderstroke"
the lead-filled mace "Big Punch"
the rune-covered trident
the sword of Nonnak
the elemental gauntlets
the crown of science
the ancient mummy wrapping
the ankh
the glaive "Long Sting"
the Chaos Orb of Elemental Mana
the dwarven pick axe "Hammerhead"
the rune-covered halberd "Wyrmlance"
He possessed the following intrinsics:
He was fire resistant (gained through items).
He was poison resistant (gained through an item).
He was cold resistant (gained through items).
He was lucky.
Fate smiled upon him (also through an item).
He was able to control teleportation (gained through an item).
He was shock resistant (gained through an item).
He was able to see invisible things (also through an item).
He was immune to fire attacks.
He was able to breathe water.
He had the following talents: Beast of Burden, Greased Lightning, Hardy,
Immune to Pain, Iron Skin, Master Packager, Mithril Skin, Porter, Quick,
Steel Skin, Tough Skin, Very Quick.
He had a final speed score of 124 (final base speed: 123).
He was a messiah of Morodwyn.
He asked for 4 divine interventions.
He was a holy champion of Order.
He was severely tainted by Chaos.

Blasphemous
06-18-2016, 11:31 AM
Nice work guys, I'm keeping my own list of records so there is no problem yhal003.
I had little time to play so the archer "project" takes forever to finish.

EDIT: Damn, Jouni that is a nice result, I checked the flg and it's very impressive.
7 balors killed? I assume those were D50, not randoms?
Nice PV and of course rolf's gear. Stylish for a dwarf.

Rashomon
06-18-2016, 01:11 PM
What is the reason you guys count the turns instead of the days passed?

Soirana
06-18-2016, 02:48 PM
What is the reason you guys count the turns instead of the days passed?

Cause days are rather arbitrary. Like it can be faster to go through UD compared to direct route towards CoC.

1 step in widerness is several hours, while one step in dungeons is few minutes. A turn is a turn however. (well, wilderness handles widlerness as multiple turns for stuff like torches or hunger, but at least it tracks them properly).

JellySlayer
06-18-2016, 07:07 PM
Yeah, days are pretty much determined almost exclusively by how much/little time you spend in the wilderness.

Nice results on the Healer and Archer.

yhal003
06-18-2016, 10:42 PM
While you're at it Blasph, you could also add my recent 26083 turn dwarven healer speedrun to the list.

Full flg here: http://ancardia.uk.to/adom_users/jouni/flgs/artbel.flg

Wow, this is even faster than my best barbarian. But I am even more impressed with real time of 3 hours. I imagine that pick axe helped quite a lot to streamline level traversal.

Jouni
06-19-2016, 08:51 AM
Wow, this is even faster than my best barbarian. But I am even more impressed with real time of 3 hours.

That was also my personal record, both in real time and turn count, beating my old troll barbarian win at 32336 turns.

I imagine that pick axe helped quite a lot to streamline level traversal.

It helped making a few shortcuts here and there when traversing back through already explored levels, but then again when I got it I already had two or three regular pick axes which probably would have been enough for that purpose anyway.

However, ToEF could have been a problem if I didn't get Hammerhead for crowning right before going in, since I didn't have any rings of ice or fireproof blankets. I know the dwarven mystic gives a ring of ice to neutral PCs, but I kinda accidentally talked to him when I was lawful. Got a nice axe to go with that shield though. :rolleyes:

Blasphemous
06-22-2016, 09:17 PM
I'm doing a raven thief run now, obviously gray elven because I cannot be bothered with races that don't age too well. Besides elves are da best ;)
Some ~20 starting chars perished in SMC, until one emerged with 6 PV.
I like SMC as the starting spot for all chars because it's just so brutal that only tough and/or lucky bastards make it through and are subsequently worthy of my attention.
Did PC and VD within 3k turns, then reached HMV, clearing 2 vaults in UD (large ones, one with orcs, one with undead), at around 5,5k turns.
The best part is: DV/PV 26/24 and 10 potions of water, plenty of higher metal equipment so I have good prospects versus water and stuff.
Adamantium spear 1d8+7 works well at this stage of the game too.
No point posting the flg as I might well die to some silly shit before it's worth the time to read but I'm just throwing it out there.

Yeah, thieves are hard but once you bridge the PV gap, they are surprisingly comfortable, especially in relation to traps past level 6.
I'm primarily training detection but also other skills. This could be fun especially since I have no intention of picking any pockets.

JellySlayer
06-23-2016, 11:57 PM
Here's a 25004 turn Priest. Should have been faster, but I suck at casters and made a tonne of mistakes :p

Priests are pretty nice speedrunners... lots of books, detect item status is very handy for checking gear, lots of access to healing spells, herbs. My spell learning was pretty terrible (I don't think I ever had more than about 250 castings in any spell), so I had to do a few weird things like read my Teleport and Magic Missile spellbooks on D:49 to recharge them during the final battle. Did this one as another Raven, though I didn't use the RCT much until D:50 where I threw it at the balors.

Screenshot
Y

^^^ ^^^ ^^^^^
^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^..^
~~^*^^ ^^*^^^ ^^^^^*.@^^
&&o ~~&&&== """""""&&^~^^^^.^^
^^&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&==""""""""""&&~~~^....^
^^^^^^^^^^^^&&&&&&&&&""""=""""""""""&&&&&o..~^^^
^^^^^ ^^^^""""""""""""""""""""=""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&~~
^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^"""""&&&&"""*&&&&""""=="""""&&&&&&&&&&&&~
~~"o""""^^"""""""""&&&&&&&&&......*^^^=="""""""&&o&&&&~~
"""""""""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&.^^*^^===""""""&&&&&&~
"""""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&....^^ =="""&&""&&&
"""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&*&&&&&&&&&." "===="""""~~ ^^^
"""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&""""""==""====""~~ ^*^
&&&&&&&&&^^^*^^^^&&&&&&&&&&&&&&"""""===""""""""~~ ^~^
&&&&&^^^^^^^^^^^*^^^^^^ &&&&&&&&&&""""""=^^"""~^^ ^o^
^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^+^^^ ^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

Speed St:15 Le:17 Wi:29 Dx:29 To:19 Ch:16 Ap:11 Ma:16 Pe:13 L+
DV/PV: 46/51 H: 303(303) P: 273(273) Exp: 34/7593310 DrCh M: 25004
Blessed Invisible Bloated

Background Information

Name: Speed Race: male Dwarf Class: Priest
Eye color: black Hair color: brown Complexion: brown
Height: 4' Weight: 185 pounds
Age: 73 (grown-up, 10 years of unnatural aging added in)
Star sign: Raven Birthday: 7/Raven (day 7 of the year)

YOUR HISTORY:
Your parents are traveling adventurers. Both are competent,
talented and doing very well.
As a child you had to survive pretty harsh times since your parents
seemed to have run out of luck. Their wealth was ever-declining and times
were very hard.
During your youth you embarked on many small journeys to nearby
towns on behalf of your parents. You learned to know lots of people and
made many friends.
As a young adult you left your home because of trouble with your
parents. They opposed your plans for the future without understanding your
wishes. Thus you decided to live on your own. You wandered through the
country for many years, growing older and wiser and learning many things.
You decided to become a Priest.

Inventory
Total weight: 5148 stones Carrying capacity: 23100 stones

He: uncursed eternium cap [+0, +7] [28s]
Ne: blessed ankh [3s]
Bo: blessed eternium plate mail (-1, -2) [+2, +13] [240s]
Gi: uncursed mithril girdle [+0, +5] [20s]
Cl: uncursed cloak of invisibility (-1, +0) [+4, +2] [30s]
RH: blessed rune-covered heavy mace "Purifier" (+5, 4d5+5) [-4, +1] {Wi+4}
LH: uncursed medium eternium shield [+11, +3] [46s]
RR: uncursed ring of mental stability [+2, +1] {Le+1} [1s]
LR: uncursed ring of the master cat [+0, +5] {Dx+16} (+16 spd) [1s]
Br: uncursed rustproof bracers of resistance [+0, +0] [10s]
Bo: blessed seven league boots [+1, +0] [30s]
MW: uncursed heavy crossbow of accuracy (+9, +6) [140s]
Mi: -
Tl: blessed pick axe (+0, 1d6+1) [75s]

Stuff

Total weight: 4314 stones Carrying capacity: 23100 stones

[snip gear]

Weapon Skills

Melee weapon Lvl Hit Dam DV Level Required marks
--------------------- --- --- --- -- ------------- --------------
Unarmed fighting 1 +1 +0 +0 basic 37
Daggers & knives 2 +2 +0 +0 basic 33
Clubs & hammers 4 +3 +1 +1 skilled 157
Maces & flails 9 +7 +5 +3 excellent 687
Swords 4 +3 +1 +1 skilled 57
Axes 7 +5 +4 +1 skilled 538
Whips 1 +1 +0 +1 basic 37
Pole arms 4 +4 +1 +3 skilled 16
Twohanded weapons 8 +7 +10 +3 excellent 35
Staves 1 +1 +0 +1 basic 37

Missile weapon Lvl Hit Dam Ra Level Required marks

Slings 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 10
Bows 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 10
Crossbows 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 2
Thrown axes & hammers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 10
Thrown daggers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 10
Thrown rocks & clubs 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 10
Thrown spears 6 +12 +9 +2 skilled 136
Boomerangs & scurgari 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 10

Shields Lvl DV Level Required marks

--------------------- --- --- ------------- --------------
Shields 9 +18 excellent 1274

Right hand: +79 bonus to hit, 4d5+20 damage

No missile weapons available.

Skills

Backstabbing .............. 85 (great) [+1]
Climbing .................. 32 (fair) [+3d3]
Concentration .............100 (superb) [+2d4]
Detect item status ........100 (superb) [+2d4]
Detect traps .............. 69 (good) [+1d3]
First aid .................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Haggling .................. 38 (fair) [+4d5]
Healing ...................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Herbalism .................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Listening ................. 91 (superb) [+3d4]
Literacy ..................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Metallurgy ................ 35 (fair) [+3d5]
Mining .................... 61 (good) [+1]
Music ..................... 77 (great) [+1d5]
Smithing .................. 40 (fair) [+2d4]
Survival .................. 11 (mediocre) [+3d4]
Swimming .................. 29 (mediocre) [+3d4]
Tactics ...................100 (superb) [+1]
Two weapon combat ......... 28 (mediocre) [+2d4]

Spells

Cure Light Wounds : 144, 2pp (Effectivity: +16)
Dispel Undead : 206, 4pp (Effectivity: +12)
Ethereal Bridge : 101, 14pp (Effectivity: +5)
Holy Awe : 218, 6pp (Effectivity: +0)
Knowledge of the Ancients: 70, 25pp (Effectivity: +9)
Lordly Might : 86, 6pp (Effectivity: +3)
Minor Punishment : 69, 4pp (Effectivity: +9)
Nether Bolt : 53, 6pp (Effectivity: +18)
Remove Curse : 208, 25pp (Effectivity: +2)
Revelation : 42, 26pp (Effectivity: +1)

His further life:

After he leaves the Drakalor Chain he is welcomed by his people with great
honors. They acknowledge his noble deeds, his valor, his cunning and his
great skills that helped to prevent the complete destruction of the world he
knows. He is crowned to be the king of all dwarves and lives a long and
prosperous life full of love, happiness and pleasure.

His achievements during his battles:

Speed, the dwarven priest, saved the world with his brave efforts and became
a great ruler without even stopping to save himself.
He scored 65956132 points and advanced to level 34.
He survived for 0 years, 18 days, 9 hours, 54 minutes and 18 seconds (25004
turns).
Speed visited 89 places.
His strength score was modified by -3 during his career.
His willpower score was modified by +8 during his career.
His dexterity score was modified by +5 during his career.
His charisma score was modified by +3 during his career.
His appearance score was modified by +1 during his career.
His mana score was modified by +2 during his career.
His perception score was modified by -1 during his career.
He was unnaturally aged by 10 years.
He was the champion of the arena.
He made a little water dragon very happy.
He adhered to the principles of the Cat Lord and thus rose to great fame.
He left the Drakalor Chain after completing his quest and became a great
leader and famous hero.
1401 monsters perished under his attacks.
The following 21 artifacts were generated during his adventure:
the si
the ancient claymore "Death's Blade" \\Never saw. Greater vault probably
the silvery arrow "True Aim" \\Never saw. Greater vault probably
the girdle of the emperors "Celestrix" \\Uselessness. Only regen item I ever found, so I used this a fair bit on D:50
the rune-covered trident
the elemental gauntlets
the crown of science
the ankh
the rune-covered sling "Whirlwind" \\I think I saw this in Casino
the staff of the archmagi \\Never saw. Greater vault probably
the rune-covered heavy mace "Purifier" \\Crowning
the rune-covered halberd "Wyrmlance" \\Don't remember where I found this.
He possessed the following intrinsics:
He was fire resistant (also through items).
He was poison resistant.
He was cold resistant (gained through items).
He was lucky (also through items).
Fate smiled upon him (also through items).
He was sleep resistant (gained through an item).
He was able to control teleportation.
He was invisible (gained through an item).
He was resistant to death rays (gained through an item).
He was shock resistant (gained through items).
He was able to see invisible things (also through an item).
He was immune to fire attacks.
He was able to resist confusion attacks (gained through an item).
He had the following talents: Alert, Hardy, Immune to Pain, Iron Skin,
Master Packager, Miser, Mithril Skin, Porter, Steel Skin, Strong Thrower,
Tough Skin, Treasure Hunter.
He had a final speed score of 120 (final base speed: 114).
He was a paragon of his religion.
He asked for 12 divine interventions.
He was a holy champion of Order.
He was slightly tainted by Chaos.

11 air demons
5 air elementals
5 air grues
1 ancient black dragon
1 ancient blue dragon
1 Ancient Chaos Wyrm
1 ancient minotaur
1 Ancient Stone Beast
1 animated armor
1 ankheg
1 annihilator
10 balors
2 bandits
1 banshee
1 barbarian
2 barbarian leaders
2 battle bunnies
1 berserker king
2 berserker lords
1 berserker prince
1 big dog
1 black dragon
9 black hurthlings
1 black slayer
1 black wizard
16 blink dogs
1 blue dragon
1 bone golem
1 bugbear
1 bunny master
2 cave bears
4 cave fishers
6 cave lizards
9 cavemen
1 Chaos Archmage
1 chaos eye
1 chaos knight
1 chaos lizard
27 chaos mutants
1 chaos plague bearer
1 chaos rat
115 chaos servants
5 chaos sisters
1 chaos spider
1 chaos viper
11 chaos warriors
13 chaos wizards
3 claw bugs
2 clay statues
1 cobra
1 cooshoo
10 corpse fiends
1 crime lord
1 crystal statue
2 cutpurses
1 dark elven archer
1 dark elven lord
1 dark elven priestess
1 dark elven princess
3 dark elven warriors
1 dark elven wizard
5 dark orcs
1 dark sage
1 death ooze
11 dire wolves
2 displacer beasts
9 doppelgangers
1 doppelganger lord
1 dwarf
7 dwarven chaos knights
25 earth elementals
2 ettins
1 eye of destruction
5 fire beetles
12 fire demons
8 fire drakes
5 fire elementals
5 fire giants
4 fire giant kings
1 fire grue
19 fire lizards
3 frost giants
1 frost giant berserker
1 frost salamander
1 frozen one
1 gargantuan rat
2 gargoyles
12 ghosts
1 ghost king
7 ghost lords
55 ghuls
2 giant bats
6 giant bee warriors
5 giant bee workers
5 giant centipedes
1 giant frog
4 giant lizards
1 giant raccoon
26 giant rats
1 giant spider
1 gibbering mouther
4 gnolls
1 gnoll chieftain
11 goblins
12 goblin berserkers
3 goblin chieftains
8 goblin rockthrowers
4 goblin slavemasters
2 gray oozes
1 great red wyrm
1 great white wyrm
1 greater balor
42 greater chaos servants
2 greater claw bugs
2 greater daemons
1 greater moloch
3 greater mummies
1 green blob
1 green hag
3 green worms
2 half-orc bouncers
2 harpies
5 hell hounds
9 hill giants
1 hill orc
5 hill orc sergeants
2 hippogriffs
8 hobgoblins
2 hobgoblin leaders
2 homunculi
2 huge bats
2 hyenas
2 ice lizards
1 ice vortex
2 imps
2 invisible stalkers
9 jackals
1 jackal demon
3 jackalweres
1 karmic dragon
2 karmic lizards
5 kobolds
4 kobold chieftains
3 kobold shamans
5 large bats
2 large dogs
1 large gnoll
5 large kobolds
7 large orcs
2 large rust monsters
1 large snake
2 large spiders
5 least daemons
2 leucrottas
1 lich
1 lich king
6 lizard men
3 magebane eyes
3 margoyles
1 master lich
1 master mimic
1 master necromancer
1 Master Summoner
3 master swordsmen
2 mimics
6 minotaurs
11 mummies
1 mummy lord
1 ochre jelly
38 ogres
1 ogre king
4 ogre lords
4 ogre magi
26 orcs
1 orc butcher
5 orc chieftains
7 orc scorchers
3 outlaws
1 outlaw leader
7 owlbears
16 pit vipers
1 pixie archer
5 quasits
2 raiders
48 rats
6 ratling archers
1 ratling duelist
1 ratling fencer
1 ratling master thief
1 ratling thief
5 ratling warriors
3 red baby dragons
21 red dragons
59 red worms
3 rust monsters
72 shadows
2 shadow centipedes
2 shadow trolls
6 skeletal warriors
43 skeletons
1 slow shadow
1 Snake from Beyond
7 spectres
2 staring eyes
6 steel golems
1 steel zombie
1 stone giant
2 stone giant lords
2 stone golems
21 stone grues
3 stone snakes
5 stone statues
1 swamp hydra
4 swordsmen
1 tarantula
1 titan
8 trolls
1 troll berserker
2 troll chiefs
1 troll king
1 undead chaos dwarven berserker
3 vampires
26 vapor rats
1 viper
3 water demons
4 water elementals
6 water grues
5 water snakes
3 wererats
2 werewolves
1 werewolf lord
3 white baby dragons
44 wights
10 wolves
24 wraiths
50 writhing masses of primal chaos
1 yellow ooze
62 zombies

Dispatched the legendary ogre Nagrat.

Playing Time

You played for 4 hours, 39 minutes and 0 seconds.

Version Information

Release 60

Blasphemous
06-24-2016, 06:03 PM
Nice one Jelly, added it to the list.

My thief died :/
Or to be more precise: I killed my thief, despite 30 PV and plenty of emergency items, died on the CoC graveyard, surrounded by liches, vamps and other shit.
I suck.

JellySlayer
06-29-2016, 11:23 PM
*grumble*

Was on pace for a great run with an Elementalist, had reached Mana Temple in ~18k turns, but got clobbered by Archmage. Didn't occur to me going in that he's a very rough boss for Elementalists since none of my spells work on him... that combined with low HP, no Alertness and no missiles didn't go over well.

This character had teleportitis quite early in the game from pools, which helped a fair bit bringing down the turncount (not as much as I was expecting). My early game was fairly interesting... I went straight to Bandit town and cleared Hotz and co., to get to level 6, kill Yergius so I can buy out Black Market, then headed over to Old Barbarian (he's a lot tougher than I remember... used an ice bridge to beat him) to get to level 10 or 11 in <500 turns. Very nice way to start. I had originally fooled around with doing Heir elemental -> kill Hotz -> ToEF and hope you can find a tension room or something that you can clear for a bunch of levels, but even though you don't take damage above level 6 from the heat, there's just too many mobs in the ToEF that you can't kill easily enough for it to work without a bazillion retries.

Screenshot

#########
#.......# ############################
###.<.....# # ^*^ ^/*.^/^#
#./.......# # ########################^#
#.######### ######### # # #^#
#.# #.....@.# # # #^#
#.# #############....@..# # # #^#
. #.# #......... *..(C...# # # #^#
...#.#######.....#######[[..C..# # #^#
..../...........(.# #.......## # # # #
####.#######.....# ###C####.## # # # #
#.# #.....# # # ## ## # # # #
#+# ####### # # ## ### # # #
# # ## ## ######################## #
##### # ## # # ^^^^^ #
############ ########################
###### #
#################

A St:20 Le:17 Wi:29 Dx:16 To:27 Ch:13 Ap: 1 Ma:30 Pe:17 N=
DV/PV: 27/28 H: -16(255) P: 143(246) Exp: 23/999522 MT M: 18243
Blessed Burdened Bleeding Berserk

Background Information

Name: A Race: female Gnome Class: Elementalist
Eye color: green Hair color: brown Complexion: ruddy
Height: 3' Weight: 92 pounds
Age: 123 (grown-up, 6 years of unnatural aging added in)
Star sign: Candle Birthday: 1/Candle (day 271 of the year)

Inventory
Total weight: 3753 stones Carrying capacity: 3861 stones

Head : uncursed eternium cap [+0, +4] [28s]
Neck : uncursed amulet of light [3s]
Body : uncursed ancient mummy wrapping [+1, +5] {Ap-8} [60s]
Girdle : uncursed mithril girdle [+0, +2] [20s]
Cloak : uncursed hooded cloak [+3, +0] [40s]
Right Hand : blessed mace of destruction (+6, 5d6+6) [120s]
Left Hand : uncursed tower crystal shield [+13, +6] [260s]
Right Ring : uncursed ring of mental stability [+2, +1] {Le+1} [1s]
Left Ring : uncursed ring of regeneration [1s]
Bracers : uncursed bracers of toughness [+0, +0] {To+4} [10s]
Gauntlets : uncursed elemental gauntlets (-1, +0) [+0, +3] [10s]
Boots : uncursed mithril boots [-1, +2] [96s]
Missile Weapon: -
Missiles : -
Tool : uncursed Chaos Orb of Elemental Fire {St+10} [100s]

Stuff

Total weight: 3004 stones Carrying capacity: 3861 stones

Helmets ('[')
uncursed helm of water breathing [+0, +1] [30s]
uncursed crown of ice [+1, +2] [65s]
Armor ('[')
uncursed adamantium plate mail of protection (-2, -4) [-2, +15] [320s]
Shields ('[')
blessed intricate wooden shield "Nature's Friend" [+6, +3] [80s]
Necklaces (''')
uncursed ankh [3s]
Tools (']')
uncursed Chaos Orb of Elemental Water {Wi+10} [100s]
uncursed Chaos Orb of Elemental Air {Dx+10} [100s]

Weapon Skills

Unarmed fighting 1 +1 +0 +0 basic 50
Daggers & knives 1 +1 +0 +0 basic 26
Clubs & hammers 4 +3 +1 +1 skilled 25
Maces & flails 6 +4 +2 +1 skilled 178
Swords 1 +1 +0 +0 basic 22
Axes 1 +1 +0 +0 basic 50
Whips 1 +1 +0 +1 basic 50
Pole arms 4 +4 +1 +3 skilled 81
Twohanded weapons 1 +1 +1 +0 basic 50
Staves 1 +1 +0 +1 basic 50

Slings 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 14
Bows 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 14
Crossbows 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 11
Thrown axes & hammers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 14
Thrown daggers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 14
Thrown rocks & clubs 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 14
Thrown spears 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 14
Boomerangs & scurgari 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 14

Shields 8 +16 excellent 1325

Spells

Burning Hands : 776, 4pp (Effectivity: +24)
Earthquake : 37, 80pp (Effectivity: +1)
Fire Bolt : 1606, 9pp (Effectivity: +6)
Fireball : 36, 19pp (Effectivity: +5)
Frost Bolt : 1124, 8pp (Effectivity: +24)
Improved Fireball: 39, 30pp (Effectivity: +0)
Lightning Ball : 20, 54pp (Effectivity: +0)
Magic Missile : 161, 7pp (Effectivity: +5)
Teleportation : 118, 104pp (Effectivity: +4)

Effects of Corruption

You have grown thorns (3d3 melee damage, Dx: -2, Ap: -3).
Your corrupted tissue seems to heal much faster.
Your blood turned to acid.
Your frontal eyes have merged to form one larger eye (Ch: -2, Ap: -2, Pe:
+4).
Your bodily tissues seem to be in a state of decay requiring a lot of will
to stay up (St: -5, Wi: +10, Ap: -5, -10 speed).

Her achievements during her battles:

A, the gnomish elementalist, was killed by Nuurag-Vaarn, the invisible Chaos
Archmage.
She scored 302059 points and advanced to level 23.
She survived for 0 years, 29 days, 4 hours, 49 minutes and 23 seconds (18243
turns).
2 companions were killed during her adventures.
A visited 71 places.
Her strength score was modified by +4 during her career.
Her learning score was modified by +4 during her career.
Her willpower score was modified by +7 during her career.
Her dexterity score was modified by +3 during her career.
Her toughness score was modified by +9 during her career.
Her charisma score was modified by +4 during her career.
Her mana score was modified by +9 during her career.
Her perception score was modified by +4 during her career.
She was unnaturally aged by 6 years.
She was the head of the thieves guild.
She ended her adventuring life in the temple of elemental Mana.
1245 monsters perished under her attacks.
The following 15 artifacts were generated during her adventure:
the si
the potion of literacy
the holy avenger "Justifier"
the lead-filled mace "Big Punch"
the sword of Nonnak
the elemental gauntlets
the ankh
the intricate wooden shield "Nature's Friend"
the sapphire amulet "Preserver"
She possessed the following intrinsics:
She was fire resistant (also through an item).
She was poison resistant (also through an item).
She was cold resistant (also through an item).
She was lucky.
Fate smiled upon her.
She was sleep resistant (gained through an item).
She was able to teleport.
She was able to control teleportation.
She was stun resistant (gained through an item).
She was resistant to death rays (gained through an item).
She was shock resistant (also through an item).
She was able to see invisible things (gained through an item).
She was immune to acidic attacks.
She was immune to ice attacks (gained through an item).
She was able to resist confusion attacks (gained through an item).
She had the following talents: Alert, Beast of Burden, Greased Lightning,
Long Stride, Master Packager, Miser, Porter, Potent Aura, Quick, Treasure
Hunter, Very Quick.
She had a final speed score of 95 (final base speed: 110).
She was a paragon of her religion.
She asked for 13 divine interventions.
She was a holy champion of Balance.
She was severely tainted by Chaos.

Version Information

Release 60

pjsb1
06-30-2016, 06:07 AM
If you had death ray resistance and the elemental gauntlets I'm not sure how you died, you can just keep healing yourself with the water orb. The mace of destruction should take care of things eventually, although stat drains and confusion do put a damper on the fight. I can see how the fight becomes a lot easier if he just keeps ice blasting you or casting darkness instead of literally anything else, how did he end up killing you?

JellySlayer
06-30-2016, 07:13 AM
I think he might have blind raged, or at least got some lucky crits. I dropped about 180 HP in one turn, and it wasn't due to a death ray.

Blasphemous
06-30-2016, 08:28 AM
My archer also died :/
Without grinding I did not have enough arrows to bring down a gorgon - only stacks of 2 or even single arrows.
He closed in to melee range and breathed...

JellySlayer
06-30-2016, 08:55 AM
Have you thought about getting black torc for your Archers? It's a bit of a detour, turn-wise, but a returning missile could be very nice in early game, especially with undead slaying power for Pyramid/Graveyards. You can beat the druid at pretty low level as an Archer as long as you have a torch.

Blasphemous
06-30-2016, 10:56 PM
I have no problems with regular mobs, graveyards are no big deal and the pyramid was easy.
It's probably just having the RNG work against me this time.
I've been using the torc in the past, both worn against vortices and as a missile and I think it's a very useful artifact, a potential lifesaver even, in the early game.

JellySlayer
07-01-2016, 08:16 AM
You were just mentioning above that you ran out of arrows your last game... black torc would be a way to maybe get around that until you can get the RCT.

Here's a Merchant with 28701. Went with wand, rolled until I had a couple damage wands so that I could take out Hotz for level 6 like my elemental did, then became leader of thieves guild and bought out Black Market (incidentally, the penalty for joining/leading the thieves guild on shop prices is huge. Black Market was cheaper than Waldenbrook... for a dwarf! Doesn't appear to affect sale prices at least). Took the extra turns to save Yriggs as a result, then did CoC -> GY -> PY -> DF -> ToEF as usual. Was hoping to get Rolf set for my main weapon since this gal was Candle. No such luck. Ended up using a bloody dagger from D:10 to the endgame. It worked... surprisingly well, actually. I did find a mace of destruction in Casino, but the damage on the bloody dagger seemed fairly comparable. Archmage was brutal... Alertness really makes a big difference on these low HP characters. Had to use a whole bunch of healing to survive the death ray spam. Weirdest thing though. I was fighting him in the hallway without a light source (wanted the ankh for extra confusion resist), and I guess at some point the Archmage panicked and ran off... then disappeared. I checked all the way out MT and didn't see him, so used monster detect... no Archmage. Backtracking, I found his body and the Mana Orb on the ground. I guess he died to a trap. Never have seen that happen before. So I only ended up with 4 of the orb guardians on kill list. Did WoD ending this time.

Screenshot
Y

^^^^^^
^^^@.^
^^^*..^^
&&o ^~^^^^.^^
^^&&& &==""""""""""&&~~~^....^
^^^^^^^ ""=""""""""""&&&&&o..~^^^
^^^^^ ^^^^""""""""""""""""""""=""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&~~^^
^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^"""""&&&&"""*&&&&""""=="""""&&&&&&&&&&&&~~*^^
~~"o""""^^"""""""""&&&&&&&&&......*^^^=="""""""&&o&&&&~~~~^^^
"""""""""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&.^^*^^===""""""&&&&&&~~~^^^
""""""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&. &""&&&~
""""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&*&&&&&&&& "===="""""~~~
""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&""""""==""====""~~~
&&&&&&&&&&^^^*^^^^&&&&&&&&&&&&&&"""""===""""""""~~~
&&&&&&^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^&&&&&&&&&&""""""=^^"""~^
^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^+^^
^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^

SpeedMurchy St:23 Le:21 Wi:22 Dx:14 To:29 Ch:25 Ap: 8 Ma:12 Pe:19 L+
DV/PV: 43/56 H: 389(389) P: 20(89) Exp: 30/3629729 DrCh M: 28701
Blessed Strained

Background Information

Name: SpeedMurchy Race: female Dwarf Class: Merchant
Eye color: green Hair color: brown Complexion: tanned
Height: 3'7" Weight: 141 pounds Scars: 2
Age: 93 (grown-up, 29 years of unnatural aging added in)
Star sign: Candle Birthday: 27/Candle (day 297 of the year)

YOUR HISTORY:
Your parents were poor people. They loved you and cared for you,
although you had to hunger more than once.
In your childhood you were a credit to your family. Your people
loved you and enjoyed your presence.
As a kid you often watched the adult adventurers preparing for new
exciting journeys. They sparked your imagination.
As a young adult you had to work a lot to finance your
apprenticeship. You were often tired and exhausted but all this was
forgotten, when you finally achieved your goal.
You decided to become a Merchant. During your apprenticeship you
specialized on enchanted wands and rods.

Inventory
Total weight: 6037 stones Carrying capacity: 5850 stones

Head : blessed helm of teleportation (+1, +1) [+0, +1] [50s]
Neck : blessed ankh [3s]
Body : blessed blue dragon scale mail (-1, -4) [-1, +11] [200s]
Girdle : uncursed girdle of the emperors "Celestrix" [+13, +13] {Ch+8}
Cloak : uncursed cloak of protection [+0, +4] [20s]
Right Hand : blessed rustproof bloody dagger (+3, 2d3+5) [10s]
Left Hand : uncursed large eternium shield (+2) [+11, +5] [54s]
Right Ring : blessed ring of damage [1s]
Left Ring : uncursed ring of slaying (+6 melee damage, +6 missile damage)
Bracers : cursed bracers of protection [+0, +2] [10s]
Gauntlets : uncursed gauntlets of strength (-1, +0) [-1, +4] {St+3}[40s]
Boots : blessed seven league boots [+1, +0] [30s]
Missile Weapon: blessed long bow (+2, +2) [30s]
Missiles : bundle of 2 uncursed arrows (+0, 1d6+1) [4s]
Tool : -

Stuff

Total weight: 5559 stones Carrying capacity: 5850 stones

Helmets ('[')
uncursed helm of leadership [+1, +2] {Ch+6} [100s]
uncursed crown of regeneration [+0, +0] [55s]
uncursed helm of water breathing [+0, -2] [30s]
Armor ('[')
uncursed ancient mummy wrapping [+1, +5] {Ap-8} [60s]
Gauntlets ('[')
uncursed elemental gauntlets (-1, +0) [+0, +3] [10s]
Girdles ('[')
uncursed girdle of giant strength [+2, +1] {St+12} [30s]
One-handed weapons ('(')
uncursed mace of destruction (+4, 5d6+6) [120s]
Two-handed weapons ('(')
blessed staff of the Wanderer (+2, 3d8+2) [+6, +3] {To+6} [40s]

Weapon Skills

Daggers & knives 12 +14 +8 +4 Mastery 4322
Maces & flails 8 +6 +4 +2 excellent 458

Slings 2 +4 +3 +0 basic 4
Bows 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 5
Crossbows 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Thrown axes & hammers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Thrown daggers 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Thrown rocks & clubs 1 +2 +1 +0 basic 11
Thrown spears 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7
Boomerangs & scurgari 0 +0 +0 +0 unskilled 7

Shields 11 +22 Mastery 3045

Right hand: +86 bonus to hit, 2d3+51 damage

Ammunition: 2, base range: 7, +22 bonus to hit, 1d6+18 damage

Skills

Appraising ................ 76 (great) [+3d5]
Backstabbing .............. 50 (fair) [+4d4]
Climbing .................. 38 (fair) [+4d4]
Detect item status ........100 (superb) [+1d3]
Detect traps ..............100 (superb) [+1d5]
First aid ................. 73 (great) [+1d3]
Gemology .................. 95 (superb) [+2d4]
Haggling .................. 38 (fair) [+4d5]
Healing ...................100 (superb) [+1d3]
Herbalism ................. 74 (great) [+3d3]
Listening .................100 (superb) [+3d5]
Literacy .................. 73 (great) [+1d5]
Metallurgy ................ 42 (fair) [+3d5]
Mining .................... 82 (great) [+1d5]
Pick pockets .............. 29 (mediocre) [+4d5]
Smithing .................. 34 (fair) [+3d3]
Survival .................. 42 (fair) [+3d3]
Tactics ................... 97 (superb) [+1]
Two weapon combat ......... 21 (mediocre) [+3d3]

Spells

Knock: 3, 23pp (Effectivity: +0)

Effects of Corruption

You have grown 10 extra eyes (Ap: -6, Pe: +6).
Your blood turned to acid.
You rage (DV: -9, +6 melee damage)!

Her further life:

After she leaves the Drakalor Chain she is welcomed by her people with great
honors. They acknowledge her noble deeds, her valor, her cunning and her
great skills that helped to prevent the complete destruction of the world
she knows. She is crowned to be the queen of all dwarves and lives a long
and prosperous life full of love, happiness and pleasure.

SpeedMurchy, the dwarven merchant, saved the world with her brave efforts
and became a great ruler while saving herself but once.
She scored 66068056 points and advanced to level 30.
She survived for 0 years, 32 days, 13 hours, 21 minutes and 33 seconds
(28701 turns).
1 companion was killed during her adventures.
SpeedMurchy visited 81 places.
Her strength score was modified by +7 during her career.
Her learning score was modified by +7 during her career.
Her willpower score was modified by +7 during her career.
Her toughness score was modified by +10 during her career.
Her charisma score was modified by +3 during her career.
Her mana score was modified by +1 during her career.
Her perception score was modified by +1 during her career.
She was unnaturally aged by 29 years.
She was the head of the thieves guild.
She left the Drakalor Chain after completing her quest and became a great
leader and famous heroine.
1556 monsters perished under her attacks.
The following 18 artifacts were generated during her adventure:
the si
the Aylas Holy Scarf \\Never saw. Greater vault?
the holy avenger "Justifier" \\Never saw. Greater vault?
the staff of the Wanderer \\Crowning
the rune-covered long sword "Trusted One" \\Never saw. Greater vault?
the girdle of the emperors "Celestrix" \\Surge of power in lower CoC
the sword of Nonnak
the elemental gauntlets
the crown of science
the ankh
She was fire resistant.
She was acid resistant.
She was lucky (also through an item).
Fate smiled upon her (also through an item).
She was doomed (gained through an item).
She was sleep resistant (gained through an item).
She was able to teleport (gained through an item).
She was shock resistant.
She was able to see invisible things (gained through an item).
She was immune to shock attacks (gained through items).
She was immune to fire attacks.
She had the following talents: Alert, Hardy, Immune to Pain, Iron Skin,
Miser, Mithril Skin, Quick, Sixth Sense, Steel Skin, Tough Skin, Treasure
Hunter, Very Hardy, Very Quick.
She had a final speed score of 95 (final base speed: 105).
She was a fervent follower of Morodwyn.
She asked for 14 divine interventions.
She was a holy champion of Order.
She was tainted by Chaos.

1 Ancient Chaos Wyrm
1 Ancient Stone Beast
1 Master Summoner
1 Snake from Beyond

Playing Time

You played for 3 hours, 29 minutes and 54 seconds.

Version Information

Release 60
Windows Build: Aug 23 2015 14:35:34

pjsb1
07-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Man the coolest thing about this thread that I didn't think of when it was started is that it will get updated super often considering that speedruns are, well... fast. If I were good at completing the game I would totally hop in, but I'm afraid I'm only good at smaller scale intricacies of the game. I guess I don't have the macro-mind for the game yet, but I was able to do well in weakest link at least so there's that.

Point of this comment is that this thread is cool. Same with the thread about making archmage necromancers die over and over.

Blasphemous
07-03-2016, 11:22 PM
Jelly please, hold your horses (or tentacles)... soon all the missing spots on the list will be filled with Jellies.
Your top results are multiplying like green js in the big room, left unattended :D
A whole infestation of sub-30k speedruns, popping up like mushrooms after rain.
With turncounts like these... I don't think I'll ever make it to the list, struggling as it is with sub-50k.

JellySlayer
07-04-2016, 06:55 AM
Sorry :) Wasn't planning on doing them all, just the ones nobody else wanted ;)

Been thinking more about trying to get something in the <25k or <20k range recently... will probably work on that for awhile.

Incidentally, Merchant presents an interesting option... with 4 money talent Dwarf merchant, you can start with ~50k in gold. By the time you clear HMV, you can conceivably end up at level 8 with ~65k you need for a precrown. If you're lucky enough to find an altar, that early artifact could be interesting. Odds of it being super useful are not great, but if you hit BoW, Preserver, Executor, RoR or maybe something like Grod, you could be in really good shape. Lots of "if you're lucky" problems with this sort of run though. Going straight DT would guarantee the altar, but pushes precrown to level 11.

Blasphemous
07-04-2016, 08:12 AM
I remember playing the same kind of dwarf merchant. That amount of money is really nice at this stage of the game, especially if BM happens to have some decent PV items.
Playing as a regular game also gives me the chance to precrown sooner since I generally tend to explore & clear more dungeons.
Never thought of it as a speedrun material though.

Mr.PelicanPants
07-04-2016, 09:48 AM
thanks to this thread i decided to try a couple of 'faster' runs and cut my turncount in half!
...but they're still 2 or 3 times longer than the ones i see around here, maybe they'll cheer up another slow/defensive player
8 - drakish mindcrafter, 138066
9 - dark elven merchant, 272803
10 - drakish elementalist, 165613
11 - dark elven paladin (u), 154035
12 - hurthling archer , 68259
13 - dwarf barbarian, 70338

pjsb1
07-04-2016, 11:53 PM
thanks to this thread i decided to try a couple of 'faster' runs and cut my turncount in half!
...but they're still 2 or 3 times longer than the ones i see around here, maybe they'll cheer up another slow/defensive player
8 - drakish mindcrafter, 138066
9 - dark elven merchant, 272803
10 - drakish elementalist, 165613
11 - dark elven paladin (u), 154035
12 - hurthling archer , 68259
13 - dwarf barbarian, 70338

I find it interesting that your archer is more than twice as fast as your elementalist, one would think an elementalist wouldn't have to take as long as an archer.

Mr.PelicanPants
07-05-2016, 01:14 AM
games before the last two i was just trying to win at all/stay alive (numbers are adom win #s), then i tried a couple 'speedruns' - i could maybe get an elementalist or some classes to <50k after a little practice :>

Blasphemous
07-05-2016, 07:55 AM
Damn, I should be playing more of this but instead, I fell victim to Steam's summer sales, bought Endless Space and it consumed me entirely.

JellySlayer
07-06-2016, 10:42 PM
Incidentally, Merchant presents an interesting option... with 4 money talent Dwarf merchant, you can start with ~50k in gold. By the time you clear HMV, you can conceivably end up at level 8 with ~65k you need for a precrown. If you're lucky enough to find an altar, that early artifact could be interesting. Odds of it being super useful are not great, but if you hit BoW, Preserver, Executor, RoR or maybe something like Grod, you could be in really good shape. Lots of "if you're lucky" problems with this sort of run though. Going straight DT would guarantee the altar, but pushes precrown to level 11.

Hmm... first successful attempt at this got precrowned upon DT arrival with Wyrmlance at 4480 turns, character level 11. Not a good enough result, I don't think, but this strategy is plausible, IMHO.

yhal003
07-06-2016, 11:36 PM
Hmm... first successful attempt at this got precrowned upon DT arrival with Wyrmlance at 4480 turns, character level 11. Not a good enough result, I don't think, but this strategy is plausible, IMHO.

How much time did you spend on rolling a dwarf with 4 talents? :)

JellySlayer
07-07-2016, 03:22 AM
Doesn't take that long, even without the autoroller. Maybe 5 minutes?

yhal003
07-11-2016, 10:54 PM
Ah, right, last time I tried it was before the star sign selector. Now it takes a lot less time.

Carter
07-13-2016, 12:58 AM

This strategy is pretty fun, even without speed running. Makes Merchant playable :)

managed to get precrowned with executor after 5000 turns which is pretty good, will see how i go from here!

JellySlayer
07-18-2016, 10:14 PM
Elves are pretty rough with this. I'm impressed by how well some people have been managing to do with them. Been trying to beat my score with an gray elf priest (rollscumming for teleport spellbook)... sheesh. On my last game had to attempt the ToEF with 63 HP and no Alertness. Went about as well as you might expect.

Blasphemous
07-19-2016, 07:25 AM
ToEF with 63 HP and no Alertness

Ouch. What level were you? What toughness score?

Carter
07-19-2016, 08:07 AM
Elves are pretty rough with this. I'm impressed by how well some people have been managing to do with them. Been trying to beat my score with an gray elf priest (rollscumming for teleport spellbook)... sheesh. On my last game had to attempt the ToEF with 63 HP and no Alertness. Went about as well as you might expect.

Post the nerfs to potions of confusion / cursed potions of invis i've found the ToEF close to impossible without about 150hp. You used to be able to just go invis and lure him out, throw a cursed invis + bless cure corruption and he was dead within a couple of turns with almost no risk. Times have changed!

yhal003
07-19-2016, 09:25 AM
Shield of Raw Steel pushes HP to ~200 even for elves. With some luck (amulet for Khelly, mystic does not screw you) it is useful past ToEF too. Of course something needs kill all those golems... I usually rollscum for 14 To potential to avoid some unpleasantness.

Carter
07-20-2016, 02:40 AM
Shield of Raw Steel pushes HP to ~200 even for elves. With some luck (amulet for Khelly, mystic does not screw you) it is useful past ToEF too. Of course something needs kill all those golems... I usually rollscum for 14 To potential to avoid some unpleasantness.

makes me think of roll scumming for lightning ball + teleport + bolt spell for a speed run

JellySlayer
07-20-2016, 05:28 AM
Ouch. What level were you? What toughness score?

I think I entered the Tower at 13 and hit 14 during the fighting. To was 10 or 11.

JellySlayer
07-29-2016, 07:59 AM

Success! This method worked great--finished a Dwarf Merchant (ring) in 22204 turns. Started off with about 45k in gold, 22 To and 9 starting PV (armor + To + 2 rings), killed Kranach for 3k more before UD a quick UD run (nothing worth mentioning). Dove through CoC, pausing to do 19 arena fights for more gold, got to DT at level 11. Sold all of my junk gear and had just enough for precrown, from which I got Kinslayer. Now we're in business. Returned out of CoC, cleared Griff, Pyramid, then hit Darkforge. With Kinslayer I was able to kill all of the golems, picking up RDSM from the treasury and up to about level 17 or so, with 8k turns passed. I didn't have a fireproof blanket/RoI, teleport or control though, and no way to get the VDDL wand at the moment. So I gambled on pools... got super lucky: 1 wish, +TCtrl, +Tele, +Invis, +Para... pretty much as good as you can possibly get. I wished for the rings of ice (got the wish before the teleport stuff), then had to make a quick run up to DT to clear Doom. Hit the ToEF at just over 10k turns. ACW was fairly tough... didn't have the right disablers so I just tanked him in melee--I had 28 To and over 200 HP, so figured it was fine. Burned through most of my PoEH and some piety, but dropped him.

Grabbed the VDDL wand, Water Orb, and dove to Casino. Bought out what I needed (not much), got kitty ring, and found an altar on D:34ish that I used for crowning with =Acid and crown of leadership. Did Air easily, then headed to Earth. Kinslayer isn't ideal for Earth and my only regen item was a knife of endurance I would dual wield while I wasn't fighting, but with over 60 PV and a few spenseweeds, was pretty easy. Corruption was becoming a bit of a problem... only SoCR was HMV one, and I had about 4 corruptions--mostly middling stuff like babbling mouth/teleport/very light. Archmage was okay... burned through a lot of piety fighting him in melee, used blindness and a few cursed pots of invis to keep him from using too many death rays, but he still managed to do a lot of damage... added poison hands.

With all orbs gathered, dove to D:50. Had to fight my way through the middle area, using teleportitis to jump my way slowly through the jellies and into the corridors. Top lever room had a beehive in it (weird?), so after I killed the balor and the other monsters, I just hit the lever and then poked the hive until the room was full of bees, then closed a door on them. Bottom lever I pulled the balor off, used WoD and left level.

[edit]Interesting, teleportitis actually saved me very few turns in the endgame. I hit ToEF around 10k turns, so the endgame was still roughly 12k turns.

Screenshot

^^^ ^^^ ^^^^^
^^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^..^
~~~^*^^ ^^*^^^ ^*.@^^
~~~&&&== =="""""""&&^~^^^^.^^
^&& &&&&&&& """""""""&&~~~^....^
^^^^^ &&&&&&&&" """"""""&&&&&o..~^^^
^^*^"""""""""""""""" """""""&&&&&&&&&&^^
^^^^^ ^^^""""""""""""""""" """""&&&&&&&&&&&~~
^^^^^^*^^^^^^^^"""""&&&&"""*&&&&" ""= """&&&&&&&&&&&&~~
~"o""""^^"""""""""&&&&&&&&&......*^^^= """"""&&o&&&&~~~
""""""""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&.^^*^^ """" "&&&&&&~~~
""""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&....^^ &""&&&~~
""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&*&&&&&&&&&.""" "===="""""~~~ ^^^
"""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&""""""==""====""~~ ^*^
^^*^^^^&&&&&&&&&&&&&&"""""===""""""""~~ ^~^
^^^^^^^*^^^^^^^&&&&&&&&&&""""""=^^"""~^ ^o^
^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^+^^ ^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^

SpeedMerchan St:16 Le:21 Wi:21 Dx:36 To:22 Ch:22 Ap: 1 Ma:11 Pe:13 L+
DV/PV: 57/61 H: 288(288) P: 9(80) Exp: 29/3770225 DrCh M: 22204
Blessed Invisible

Background Information

Name: SpeedMerchan Race: female Dwarf Class: Merchant
Eye color: brown Hair color: black Complexion: tanned
Height: 3'6" Weight: 14 pounds Scars: 1
Age: 77 (grown-up, 13 years of unnatural aging added in)
Star sign: Candle Birthday: 7/Candle (day 277 of the year)

Inventory
Total weight: 2152 stones Carrying capacity: 3300 stones

Head : blessed crown of leadership [+2, +7] {Ch+18} [65s]
Neck : uncursed ankh [3s]
Body : uncursed red dragon scale mail (-1, -4) [-1, +13] [220s]
Girdle : uncursed eternium girdle [+0, +4] [12s]
Cloak : uncursed cloak of defense [+3, +0] [20s]
Right Hand : blessed black long sword "Kinslayer" (+3, 4d5+3) [+4, +4]
Left Hand : uncursed tower crystal shield (-2) [+13, +7] [260s]
Right Ring : uncursed ring of slaying (+8 melee damage, +6 missile damage)
Left Ring : uncursed ring of the master cat [+0, +5] {Dx+16} (+16 spd)
Bracers : uncursed rusty bracers of resistance [+0, +0] [10s]
Gauntlets : uncursed thick gauntlets (-1, -2) [+1, +3] [15s]
Boots : uncursed eternium boots (+1, +1) [+0, +5] [55s]
Missile Weapon: uncursed heavy crossbow of accuracy (+9, +3) [140s]
Missiles : uncursed quarrel of humanoid slaying (+3, 2d6+3) [4s]
Tool : blessed pick axe (+0, 1d6+1) [75s]

Stuff

Total weight: 1191 stones Carrying capacity: 3300 stones

[snip]

Weapon Skills

Swords 12 +12 +8 +4 Mastery 1120

Bows 2 +4 +3 +0 basic 6

Shields 12 +24 Mastery 795

Right hand: +69 bonus to hit, 4d5+29 damage

Skills

Appraising ................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Climbing .................. 27 (mediocre) [+4d4]
First aid .................100 (superb) [+1d3]
Gemology ..................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Haggling .................. 87 (great) [+3d4]
Herbalism .................100 (superb) [+1d5]
Law ....................... 46 (fair) [+2d4]
Listening ................. 75 (great) [+3d5]
Literacy .................. 78 (great) [+1d5]
Metallurgy ................ 34 (fair) [+4d4]
Mining .................... 73 (great) [+3d3]
Necromancy ................ 10 (poor) [+2d4]
Pick pockets .............. 23 (mediocre) [+4d5]
Smithing .................. 23 (mediocre) [+3d4]
Survival .................. 46 (fair) [+3d4]

Spells

a few random babbling mouth spells

Effects of Corruption

You sport a babbling mouth on your forehead that rants and raves dark
secrets (Le: +8, Ch: -6, Ap: -6, Pe: -4, stealth impossible).
Your close attunement to corrupted astral space allows teleportation.
You have become very light (1/10 weight, St: -6, Dx: +4, To: -6, Ap: -6, +20
speed).
Your eye(s) turned black (Pe: +3).

Her further life:

SpeedMerchan, the dwarven merchant, saved the world with her brave efforts
She scored 75893036 points and advanced to level 29.
She survived for 0 years, 40 days, 11 hours, 41 minutes and 23 seconds
(22204 turns).
SpeedMerchan visited 84 places.
Her strength score was modified by +3 during her career.
Her willpower score was modified by +6 during her career.
Her toughness score was modified by +5 during her career.
She was unnaturally aged by 13 years.
She adhered to the principles of the Cat Lord and thus rose to great fame.
1112 monsters perished under her attacks.
the si
the black long sword "Kinslayer" \\5k turn precrown
the staff of the Wanderer \\Never saw... there was a wood-colored item in the GUV on D:46 that I passed on
the sword of Nonnak
the elemental gauntlets
the crown of science
the ankh
the Shirt of the Saints \\Never saw
the rune-covered heavy mace "Purifier" \\Never saw
the crown of leadership \\Crown
She was fire resistant (gained through an item).
She was acid resistant.
Fate smiled upon her (also through items).
She was sleep resistant (also through an item).
She was invisible.
She was stun resistant.
She was paralyzation resistant.
She was shock resistant (gained through an item).
She was able to see invisible things (also through items).
She was immune to fire attacks (gained through an item).
She had the following talents: Boon to the Family, Extremely Hardy, Filthy
Rich, Hardy, Immune to Pain, Iron Skin, Miser, Mithril Skin, Steel Skin,
Tough Skin, Very Hardy, Very Wealthy, Wealthy.
She had a final speed score of 142 (final base speed: 126).
She asked for 21 divine interventions.

11 air demons
1 air elemental
9 air grues
1 Ancient Chaos Wyrm
1 ancient minotaur
1 Ancient Stone Beast
1 ancient white dragon
4 animated armors
15 animated trees
1 ankheg
1 annis hag
2 balors
2 bandits
2 barbarian leaders
1 battle bunny
4 berserker lords
1 big dog
1 black baby dragon
2 black hurthlings
1 black wizard
1 bone golem
1 brown bear
3 bugbears
1 bunny master
1 carrion crawler
5 cave fishers
4 cave lizards
6 cavemen
1 Chaos Archmage
1 chaos brother
2 chaos eyes
3 chaos knights
36 chaos mutants
1 chaos rat
81 chaos servants
2 chaos spiders
1 chaos viper
10 chaos warriors
6 chaos wizards
3 claw bugs
1 clay golem
1 cobra
1 cooshoo
7 corpse fiends
1 crime lord
1 dark elven lord
1 dark elven princess
6 dark orcs
1 dark sage
1 death ooze
20 dire wolves
4 displacer beasts
1 doppelganger
1 doppelganger lord
2 dwarves
14 dwarven chaos knights
19 earth elementals
2 ettins
1 eye of destruction
3 fire beetles
4 fire demons
4 fire drakes
2 fire giants
1 fire grue
1 fire lizard
1 flesh golem
1 fomorian giant
3 frost giants
2 frost giant jarls
2 gargantuan rats
1 gargoyle
7 ghosts
1 ghost king
5 ghost lords
51 ghuls
7 giant ant warriors
3 giant ant workers
3 giant bats
1 giant bee queen
31 giant bee warriors
11 giant bee workers
3 giant centipedes
2 giant frogs
1 giant lizard
3 giant rats
1 giant slug
4 giant spiders
2 gibbering mouthers
17 gnolls
3 gnoll chieftains
6 goblins
3 goblin berserkers
30 goblin chieftains
7 goblin rockthrowers
3 goblin slavemasters
39 greater chaos servants
3 greater claw bugs
2 greater mimics
2 greater mummies
1 greater water elemental
1 green hag
3 green worms
1 griffon
2 grizzly bears
2 harpies
1 hell hound
4 hill giants
4 hill orc sergeants
1 hippogriff
5 hobgoblins
1 hydra
2 hyenas
2 ice lizards
1 imp
1 iron golem
17 jackals
5 jackal demons
3 jackalweres
2 karmic lizards
5 kobolds
1 kobold shaman
1 large bat
17 large dogs
6 large gnolls
4 large kobolds
3 large orcs
3 large rust monsters
1 large snake
1 leucrotta
1 lich
1 lizard man
6 magebane eyes
1 magedoom eye
2 master assassins
1 master lich
1 master mimic
1 master necromancer
1 Master Summoner
1 master thief
19 mimics
1 minotaur
1 mist wolf
2 molochs
11 mummies
1 mummy lord
10 ogres
2 ogre lords
1 ogre magus
4 orcs
1 orc chieftain
1 orc scorcher
22 pit vipers
1 pixie
1 pixie archer
3 quickling lords
1 rabid dog
10 raiders
1 raider lord
3 rats
1 ratling archer
1 ratling fencer
2 ratling thieves
2 ratling warriors
1 red baby dragon
2 red worms
1 revenant
1 rust monster
47 shadows
1 shadow centipede
1 shadow lord
1 shadow troll
1 shadow wyrm
2 skeletal kings
13 skeletal warriors
65 skeletons
1 slow shadow
1 Snake from Beyond
3 spectres
36 steel golems
5 steel horrors
7 steel zombies
29 stone giants
1 stone giant lord
2 stone golems
18 stone grues
5 stone snakes
3 stone statues
3 swordsmen
2 tarantulas
1 titan
8 trolls
2 troll berserkers
3 troll kings
4 vapor rats
1 viper
3 water demons
2 water elementals
5 water grues
15 water snakes
2 wererats
1 werewolf
1 werewolf lord
38 wights
2 wolves
12 wraiths
44 writhing masses of primal chaos
47 zombies

Dispatched the legendary goblin Huckree.

Playing Time

You played for 3 hours, 4 minutes and 13 seconds.

Version Information

Release 60

Gref
07-29-2016, 05:33 PM
Success! This method worked great--finished a Dwarf Merchant (ring) in 22204 turns. Started off with about 45k in gold, 22 To and 9 starting PV (armor + To + 2 rings), killed Kranach for 3k more before UD a quick UD run (nothing worth mentioning). Dove through CoC, pausing to do 19 arena fights for more gold, got to DT at level 11. Sold all of my junk gear and had just enough for precrown, from which I got Kinslayer. Now we're in business. Returned out of CoC, cleared Griff, Pyramid, then hit Darkforge. With Kinslayer I was able to kill all of the golems, picking up RDSM from the treasury and up to about level 17 or so, with 8k turns passed. I didn't have a fireproof blanket/RoI, teleport or control though, and no way to get the VDDL wand at the moment. So I gambled on pools... got super lucky: 1 wish, +TCtrl, +Tele, +Invis, +Para... pretty much as good as you can possibly get. I wished for the rings of ice (got the wish before the teleport stuff), then had to make a quick run up to DT to clear Doom. Hit the ToEF at just over 10k turns. ACW was fairly tough... didn't have the right disablers so I just tanked him in melee--I had 28 To and over 200 HP, so figured it was fine. Burned through most of my PoEH and some piety, but dropped him.

Grabbed the VDDL wand, Water Orb, and dove to Casino. Bought out what I needed (not much), got kitty ring, and found an altar on D:34ish that I used for crowning with =Acid and crown of leadership. Did Air easily, then headed to Earth. Kinslayer isn't ideal for Earth and my only regen item was a knife of endurance I would dual wield while I wasn't fighting, but with over 60 PV and a few spenseweeds, was pretty easy. Corruption was becoming a bit of a problem... only SoCR was HMV one, and I had about 4 corruptions--mostly middling stuff like babbling mouth/teleport/very light. Archmage was okay... burned through a lot of piety fighting him in melee, used blindness and a few cursed pots of invis to keep him from using too many death rays, but he still managed to do a lot of damage... added poison hands.

With all orbs gathered, dove to D:50. Had to fight my way through the middle area, using teleportitis to jump my way slowly through the jellies and into the corridors. Top lever room had a beehive in it (weird?), so after I killed the balor and the other monsters, I just hit the lever and then poked the hive until the room was full of bees, then closed a door on them. Bottom lever I pulled the balor off, used WoD and left level.

[edit]Interesting, teleportitis actually saved me very few turns in the endgame. I hit ToEF around 10k turns, so the endgame was still roughly 12k turns.

Screenshot

^^^ ^^^ ^^^^^
^^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^..^
~~~^*^^ ^^*^^^ ^*.@^^
~~~&&&== =="""""""&&^~^^^^.^^
^&& &&&&&&& """""""""&&~~~^....^
^^^^^ &&&&&&&&" """"""""&&&&&o..~^^^
^^*^"""""""""""""""" """""""&&&&&&&&&&^^
^^^^^ ^^^""""""""""""""""" """""&&&&&&&&&&&~~
^^^^^^*^^^^^^^^"""""&&&&"""*&&&&" ""= """&&&&&&&&&&&&~~
~"o""""^^"""""""""&&&&&&&&&......*^^^= """"""&&o&&&&~~~
""""""""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&.^^*^^ """" "&&&&&&~~~
""""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&....^^ &""&&&~~
""""""""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&*&&&&&&&&&.""" "===="""""~~~ ^^^
"""""&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&""""""==""====""~~ ^*^
^^*^^^^&&&&&&&&&&&&&&"""""===""""""""~~ ^~^
^^^^^^^*^^^^^^^&&&&&&&&&&""""""=^^"""~^ ^o^
^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^+^^ ^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^

SpeedMerchan St:16 Le:21 Wi:21 Dx:36 To:22 Ch:22 Ap: 1 Ma:11 Pe:13 L+
DV/PV: 57/61 H: 288(288) P: 9(80) Exp: 29/3770225 DrCh M: 22204
Blessed Invisible

Background Information

Name: SpeedMerchan Race: female Dwarf Class: Merchant
Eye color: brown Hair color: black Complexion: tanned
Height: 3'6" Weight: 14 pounds Scars: 1
Age: 77 (grown-up, 13 years of unnatural aging added in)
Star sign: Candle Birthday: 7/Candle (day 277 of the year)

Inventory
Total weight: 2152 stones Carrying capacity: 3300 stones

Head : blessed crown of leadership [+2, +7] {Ch+18} [65s]
Neck : uncursed ankh [3s]
Body : uncursed red dragon scale mail (-1, -4) [-1, +13] [220s]
Girdle : uncursed eternium girdle [+0, +4] [12s]
Cloak : uncursed cloak of defense [+3, +0] [20s]
Right Hand : blessed black long sword "Kinslayer" (+3, 4d5+3) [+4, +4]
Left Hand : uncursed tower crystal shield (-2) [+13, +7] [260s]
Right Ring : uncursed ring of slaying (+8 melee damage, +6 missile damage)
Left Ring : uncursed ring of the master cat [+0, +5] {Dx+16} (+16 spd)
Bracers : uncursed rusty bracers of resistance [+0, +0] [10s]
Gauntlets : uncursed thick gauntlets (-1, -2) [+1, +3] [15s]
Boots : uncursed eternium boots (+1, +1) [+0, +5] [55s]
Missile Weapon: uncursed heavy crossbow of accuracy (+9, +3) [140s]
Missiles : uncursed quarrel of humanoid slaying (+3, 2d6+3) [4s]
Tool : blessed pick axe (+0, 1d6+1) [75s]

Stuff

Total weight: 1191 stones Carrying capacity: 3300 stones

[snip]

Weapon Skills

Swords 12 +12 +8 +4 Mastery 1120

Bows 2 +4 +3 +0 basic 6

Shields 12 +24 Mastery 795

Right hand: +69 bonus to hit, 4d5+29 damage

Skills

Appraising ................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Climbing .................. 27 (mediocre) [+4d4]
First aid .................100 (superb) [+1d3]
Gemology ..................100 (superb) [+2d4]
Haggling .................. 87 (great) [+3d4]
Herbalism .................100 (superb) [+1d5]
Law ....................... 46 (fair) [+2d4]
Listening ................. 75 (great) [+3d5]
Literacy .................. 78 (great) [+1d5]
Metallurgy ................ 34 (fair) [+4d4]
Mining .................... 73 (great) [+3d3]
Necromancy ................ 10 (poor) [+2d4]
Pick pockets .............. 23 (mediocre) [+4d5]
Smithing .................. 23 (mediocre) [+3d4]
Survival .................. 46 (fair) [+3d4]

Spells

a few random babbling mouth spells

Effects of Corruption

You sport a babbling mouth on your forehead that rants and raves dark
secrets (Le: +8, Ch: -6, Ap: -6, Pe: -4, stealth impossible).
Your close attunement to corrupted astral space allows teleportation.
You have become very light (1/10 weight, St: -6, Dx: +4, To: -6, Ap: -6, +20
speed).
Your eye(s) turned black (Pe: +3).

Her further life:

SpeedMerchan, the dwarven merchant, saved the world with her brave efforts
She scored 75893036 points and advanced to level 29.
She survived for 0 years, 40 days, 11 hours, 41 minutes and 23 seconds
(22204 turns).
SpeedMerchan visited 84 places.
Her strength score was modified by +3 during her career.
Her willpower score was modified by +6 during her career.
Her toughness score was modified by +5 during her career.
She was unnaturally aged by 13 years.
She adhered to the principles of the Cat Lord and thus rose to great fame.
1112 monsters perished under her attacks.
the si
the black long sword "Kinslayer" \\5k turn precrown
the staff of the Wanderer \\Never saw... there was a wood-colored item in the GUV on D:46 that I passed on
the sword of Nonnak
the elemental gauntlets
the crown of science
the ankh
the Shirt of the Saints \\Never saw
the rune-covered heavy mace "Purifier" \\Never saw
the crown of leadership \\Crown
She was fire resistant (gained through an item).
She was acid resistant.
Fate smiled upon her (also through items).
She was sleep resistant (also through an item).
She was invisible.
She was stun resistant.
She was paralyzation resistant.
She was shock resistant (gained through an item).
She was able to see invisible things (also through items).
She was immune to fire attacks (gained through an item).
She had the following talents: Boon to the Family, Extremely Hardy, Filthy
Rich, Hardy, Immune to Pain, Iron Skin, Miser, Mithril Skin, Steel Skin,
Tough Skin, Very Hardy, Very Wealthy, Wealthy.
She had a final speed score of 142 (final base speed: 126).
She asked for 21 divine interventions.

11 air demons
1 air elemental
9 air grues
1 Ancient Chaos Wyrm
1 ancient minotaur
1 Ancient Stone Beast
1 ancient white dragon
4 animated armors
15 animated trees
1 ankheg
1 annis hag
2 balors
2 bandits
2 barbarian leaders
1 battle bunny
4 berserker lords
1 big dog
1 black baby dragon
2 black hurthlings
1 black wizard
1 bone golem
1 brown bear
3 bugbears
1 bunny master
1 carrion crawler
5 cave fishers
4 cave lizards
6 cavemen
1 Chaos Archmage
1 chaos brother
2 chaos eyes
3 chaos knights
36 chaos mutants
1 chaos rat
81 chaos servants
2 chaos spiders
1 chaos viper
10 chaos warriors
6 chaos wizards
3 claw bugs
1 clay golem
1 cobra
1 cooshoo
7 corpse fiends
1 crime lord
1 dark elven lord
1 dark elven princess
6 dark orcs
1 dark sage
1 death ooze
20 dire wolves
4 displacer beasts
1 doppelganger
1 doppelganger lord
2 dwarves
14 dwarven chaos knights
19 earth elementals
2 ettins
1 eye of destruction
3 fire beetles
4 fire demons
4 fire drakes
2 fire giants
1 fire grue
1 fire lizard
1 flesh golem
1 fomorian giant
3 frost giants
2 frost giant jarls
2 gargantuan rats
1 gargoyle
7 ghosts
1 ghost king
5 ghost lords
51 ghuls
7 giant ant warriors
3 giant ant workers
3 giant bats
1 giant bee queen
31 giant bee warriors
11 giant bee workers
3 giant centipedes
2 giant frogs
1 giant lizard
3 giant rats
1 giant slug
4 giant spiders
2 gibbering mouthers
17 gnolls
3 gnoll chieftains
6 goblins
3 goblin berserkers
30 goblin chieftains
7 goblin rockthrowers
3 goblin slavemasters
39 greater chaos servants
3 greater claw bugs
2 greater mimics
2 greater mummies
1 greater water elemental
1 green hag
3 green worms
1 griffon
2 grizzly bears
2 harpies
1 hell hound
4 hill giants
4 hill orc sergeants
1 hippogriff
5 hobgoblins
1 hydra
2 hyenas
2 ice lizards
1 imp
1 iron golem
17 jackals
5 jackal demons
3 jackalweres
2 karmic lizards
5 kobolds
1 kobold shaman
1 large bat
17 large dogs
6 large gnolls
4 large kobolds
3 large orcs
3 large rust monsters
1 large snake
1 leucrotta
1 lich
1 lizard man
6 magebane eyes
1 magedoom eye
2 master assassins
1 master lich
1 master mimic
1 master necromancer
1 Master Summoner
1 master thief
19 mimics
1 minotaur
1 mist wolf
2 molochs
11 mummies
1 mummy lord
10 ogres
2 ogre lords
1 ogre magus
4 orcs
1 orc chieftain
1 orc scorcher
22 pit vipers
1 pixie
1 pixie archer
3 quickling lords
1 rabid dog
10 raiders
1 raider lord
3 rats
1 ratling archer
1 ratling fencer
2 ratling thieves
2 ratling warriors
1 red baby dragon
2 red worms
1 revenant
1 rust monster
47 shadows
1 shadow centipede
1 shadow lord
1 shadow troll
1 shadow wyrm
2 skeletal kings
13 skeletal warriors
65 skeletons
1 slow shadow
1 Snake from Beyond
3 spectres
36 steel golems
5 steel horrors
7 steel zombies
29 stone giants
1 stone giant lord
2 stone golems
18 stone grues
5 stone snakes
3 stone statues
3 swordsmen
2 tarantulas
1 titan
8 trolls
2 troll berserkers
3 troll kings
4 vapor rats
1 viper
3 water demons
2 water elementals
5 water grues
15 water snakes
2 wererats
1 werewolf
1 werewolf lord
38 wights
2 wolves
12 wraiths
44 writhing masses of primal chaos
47 zombies

Dispatched the legendary goblin Huckree.

Playing Time

You played for 3 hours, 4 minutes and 13 seconds.

Version Information

Release 60

Very nice! Awesome strategy :D

Cactus
07-29-2016, 10:05 PM
Success! This method worked great--finished a Dwarf Merchant (ring) in 22204 turns...

That is indeed very fast. You didn't fetch the water orb before the tower, even though you already were at Dwarftown for the altar. Not sure I'd have risked that. The 10Wi and the emergency healing are just so helpful. Did you have any -Conf at that point?

I did one dwarf merchant run as well after reading your hint about the 4 money talents. Got precrowned at char level 11 at the Dwarftown altar. With Shezestriakis. Didn't start another one after that. One odd thing I noticed was that gnomish Leggot would give me more money for the same stuff than dwarven Waldenbrook.

Also, first there was WoD ending, now there's bee ending, I wonder what's next? :)

blunk
07-30-2016, 10:06 AM
Is there a way we could do a spread sheet like leaderboard similar to civ fanatics, which could include every class AND race.
something like

human dwarf
assassin Jelly 5000 slayer 6000
merchant gordon 6000 grief 7000

Blasphemous
07-30-2016, 11:06 AM
Is there a way we could do a spread sheet like leaderboard similar to civ fanatics, which could include every class AND race.
something like

human dwarf
assassin Jelly 5000 slayer 6000
merchant gordon 6000 grief 7000

If you can compile the list with races added, I'll put them in the original thread. I don't feel like sifting through all the highscores and YAVPs again.

ahpla
07-30-2016, 12:51 PM
well i dont have a clue about the civ leaderboard but making a spreadsheet is quite easy

this is a very simple spreadsheet i made, it can be brushed up to look better but it works just fine and is easier to update

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mpYHTPRulWJ7z1WMYWP5JDRhh-22zwbO19et2U-gn1M/edit?usp=sharing

everyone should be able view it and edit it, use it freely if you like it

i have a few wins but i dont consider myself as a good player so a speedrun is out of the question for me

blunk
07-30-2016, 05:22 PM
Thats what I had in mind but I wasn't quick enough, does a free for anyone document work?

blunk
07-30-2016, 05:30 PM
Had a shot at a run with a good grey elven priest , awesome start with great early gear (+7 pv armour of carrying, axe of devastation, aols), screwed up both mystic/ring of ice AND fireproof blanket...
Did Tothk and Fgjc in somewhat resonable time but no exchange, no ice and no fireproof blanket/thrundarr.
FGJC5 was GUV and well, I could try grind it a bit but I've got no good ammo for the liches... looks like I'm going for reroll (random as always).

JellySlayer
07-30-2016, 10:30 PM
That is indeed very fast. You didn't fetch the water orb before the tower, even though you already were at Dwarftown for the altar.

No, I haven't done this in any of my speedruns, I don't think. Maybe the Farmer? It's probably ~2000 extra turns to this. I basically didn't have any corruption removal at all this game (HMV scroll and a random SoCR on D:50).

Not sure I'd have risked that. The 10Wi and the emergency healing are just so helpful. Did you have any -Conf at that point?

I started with two rings of mental stability.

I did one dwarf merchant run as well after reading your hint about the 4 money talents. Got precrowned at char level 11 at the Dwarftown altar. With Shezestriakis. Didn't start another one after that. One odd thing I noticed was that gnomish Leggot would give me more money for the same stuff than dwarven Waldenbrook.

There's that problem with precrowns for sure.

Also, first there was WoD ending, now there's bee ending, I wonder what's next? :)

:)

Blasphemous
07-31-2016, 12:57 PM
I have tried several r/c combinations for speedrunning and it's just... not fun for me.

I mean, I don't really have any big problems with the turncount restrictions per se; sure there are fewer resources and all.
Many encounters are more challenging and require some non-standard approaches but it's less rewarding than I have hoped.
Leaving all those unexplored levels, unvisited caves, undug graves and unpicked items somehow bothers me.
It's not a comfortable experience.

It bothers me to kill the healer just because its faster than saving the carpenter.
It bothers me to attack the eternal guardian just cause it's faster than getting the ring.
These things just don't feel right and they disagree with the "moral roleplay" that I often apply.
Skipping the random caves, IQD and FGJC feels like I'm giving up a vast, exciting and rewarding portion of the game, just to do things faster.

I want to take my time and get precrowned at a convenient point with regular chars; I want to grind out some items when I need them for the next stage.
I want the freedom to play however I like and speedruns just don't agree with that.
I'm uncomfortable with the sense of urgency, the need to press, get to the staircase asap and dive, dive, dive. That's not how I play games.
Ultimately, this is all about fun and doing speedruns kinda takes that most important factor away for me.
I have always been a completionist when it comes to games and this is the very opposite to that.

So, despite having started the thread, this is as far as my speedruns go. Have fun getting your turncounts down.
I will still post and update the list but I'll stick to my 100k+ grindfests that I have been enjoying for years.

blunk
07-31-2016, 01:30 PM
I had a similar look at it but after so many games ending in similar fashion its fun to step out of the comfort zone.
Now most games will most likely be similar still but Ill be trying to do more with less.
Otoh its also satisfying to clear out the garantueed tension room in R4:13 ... :)

ahpla
08-01-2016, 08:13 AM
Thats what I had in mind but I wasn't quick enough, does a free for anyone document work?

well i corrected and shortened the link https://goo.gl/savj4r, now its free for everyone to edit