PDA

View Full Version : R67 changes

yhal003
08-14-2016, 10:35 PM
Is it just me, or strength is no longer trained by being Burdened/Strained/etc. ? Dwarven merchant with St 15, potential 29. Ogre corpses work normally.

Also, I played for 30k turns, visited darkforge and some other corrupting areas and still haven't got a single corruption. Tried to get rid of a tiger with corruption trap but got bored after 10-15 steps. How many times does it normally have to step on a trap to get jellied?

EDIT: got my first corruption at 35k turns. Seemed to take a lot longer than in R63.

Blank4u47
08-15-2016, 12:52 AM
Hmm, my mist elf duelist isn't having that issue, I trained my str up to 17 normally. (After a lucky potential potion find :) ) only played this one character so far though.

As far as corrupting cats goes, last time I tried it, it took me a bunch of tries.... Like more than 20.

yhal003
08-15-2016, 05:27 AM
Hmm, my mist elf duelist isn't having that issue, I trained my str up to 17 normally. (After a lucky potential potion find :) ) only played this one character so far though.

As far as corrupting cats goes, last time I tried it, it took me a bunch of tries.... Like more than 20.

Hmm, maybe I just got impatient.

Fixes to spell behaviour are painful to adjust to :). How magic missile wand is no longer "bane of greater molochs and titans".

Blank4u47
08-15-2016, 01:53 PM
Hmm, maybe I just got impatient.

Fixes to spell behaviour are painful to adjust to :). How magic missile wand is no longer "bane of greater molochs and titans".

Yeah totally, I had quite a few characters survive crazy encounters only due to wands of far slaying :(
Although I'm looking forward to checking out the hammer of the gods fix!

pjsb1
08-15-2016, 10:18 PM
What is the hammer of the gods fix? I didn't see it in the patch notes.

As for time passage stuff I haven't personally noticed a difference, but there are probably differences due to the new system for time passing in the game.

JellySlayer
08-15-2016, 11:17 PM
Wow, I must have missed the bug about spells. So spells in ADOM were have been 10x as strong as they were supposed to be?

yhal003
08-15-2016, 11:43 PM
Wow, I must have missed the bug about spells. So spells in ADOM were have been 10x as strong as they were supposed to be?

It added monster PV to the damage (in addition to ignoring their PV).

Blank4u47
08-16-2016, 12:41 AM
It added monster PV to the damage (in addition to ignoring their PV).

I thought that was only for wands of far slaying?

The hammer of the gods got switched to the 2 handed skill from clubs in r65

yhal003
08-16-2016, 12:47 AM
No. Apparently all spells worked that way. I did not play spellcasters in new version yet but wands feel much weaker now.

Al-Khwarizmi
08-16-2016, 10:12 AM
Wow, since how long have spells worked like that?

yhal003
08-16-2016, 08:21 PM
Relevant ticket: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4279
It does talk about far slaying wands only and, except for Jouni's comments, there is no suggestion that all spells were affected.

But I tested magic missile wand on greater moloch in R64 and R67 and there is a huge difference.

asdalol
08-16-2016, 09:36 PM
Is it normal to find an Ogre King in D:3? I may have missed an imminent danger message but it still seems a bit harsh.
Also I found that the game severely slows down if there are lots of monster on the level, e.g. in vaults. Of course that makes crossing the animated forest even more annoying, but on the other hand it may help me avoid some stupid deaths by movement spam (I use the linux version).

Blank4u47
08-16-2016, 09:51 PM
Ogre King is way overpowered on D3 unless your level is very high. Even ogre lord is considered very high for D3.

As for the slow movement... It's crazy slow. I have Windows 10, and it's like 10-15 seconds per move through the animated forest.

On a side note... Has anyone tested to see if the mindcraft bug was fixed?

JellySlayer
08-16-2016, 11:27 PM
Is it normal to find an Ogre King in D:3? I may have missed an imminent danger message but it still seems a bit harsh.
Also I found that the game severely slows down if there are lots of monster on the level, e.g. in vaults. Of course that makes crossing the animated forest even more annoying, but on the other hand it may help me avoid some stupid deaths by movement spam (I use the linux version).

IMHO, you should not see this unless you're above level ~40.

Carter
08-17-2016, 05:58 AM

pulsing rooms will have ogre kings in them since they are much higher than DL. Was it one of those?

asdalol
08-17-2016, 07:29 AM
IMHO, you should not see this unless you're above level ~40.

Nope, level 17 ratling farmer. Probably my level was even lower when I met the guy.

pulsing rooms will have ogre kings in them since they are much higher than DL. Was it one of those?

There is no disconnected section in this level (I checked with blessed scroll of magic mapping).

I guess that among the effects of the tome of donors there should not be "Summon overpowered monster", right?