PDA

View Full Version : Most Efficient Achievement Hunting

JellySlayer
08-18-2016, 07:35 PM
What is the minimum required number of wins to get all achievements?

Starting with achievements that require a win:

..And throw away the key - Close the chaos gate.

Beloved by fate - win the game with a character by letting fate decide.

Consistent believer - Win without ever changing alignment. [Changes within neutral, lawful or chaotic alignment do not have influence on this -- for example change from L+ to LN is okay].

Everything for this moment - Usurp the throne of Chaos (Chaos god ending).

Neutralizer - Slay the Chaos God during your crusade of Balance. [You need to kill Andor while neutral and not wielding TotRR, essentially this is forfeiting ultra ending at the last moment].

Magic hater - Win without casting spells.

Plant hater - Win without using herbs, plants or any related skills. [herbs, logs, Gardening, Woodcrafting, maybe various types of bread too, aplles and melons were reported not to disable this achievement].

Plutonium man - Complete the game after killing 95% of every type of non-unique monster in the game. (This one is currently bugged and unlocks at lower percentage).

Revered martyr - Slay the Chaos God during your crusade of Order. [You need to kill Andor while lawful and not wielding TotRR, forfeiting ultra ending at the last moment].

Speed Demon - Complete the game within 10000 turns. (Best melee speed runs are >18.000 turns, so being a caster is the way to go).

Speed Runner - Complete the game within 20000 turns.

Speed Player - Complete the game within 40000 turns.

The Grey Hawk - Become Avatar of Balance (neutral ultra ending)

The White Eagle - Become Avatar of Order (lawful ultra ending).

Titanium man - Complete the game before rising above experience level 20. (Hitting lv20 apparently is not allowed, heavy use of pets is recommended, since chracter must win at lv19 max.)

True ascension - Commit the ultimate sacrifice to stop Chaos. (Close Chaos gate as a non-chaotic chaos knight).

Yep, all done! - Leave the Drakalor Chain after having closed the chaos gate.

First character: Titanium man, gate closer.
-Throw away the key + Let Fate Decide + Titanium man + Yep, all done!
-Consistent Believer (easier than doing this on your ultra)
-Lithium man (ignoring this this achievement is bugged)

Second character: Ultrafast speedrunner
-Speed demon and higher turncount equivalents. No time for anything else.

3rd-5th character: ULE/UNE/UCG
-Magic Hater + Plant Hater + Plutonium Man + White Eagle + Grey Hawk + Everything for this moment
-UCG has the best chance of hitting high score

6th-7th character: Failed ULE/UNE
-Revered martyr + Neutralizer

8th-10th character: Ironman/Steel man/Eternium man

I think all of the other achievements can be completed from within these? You'd need to take a detour somewhere to dive to I:100 I suppose. Is there any way to compress this more?

Harkila
08-18-2016, 09:09 PM
True Ascension is missing. Hard to believe that you could do a super speedrun with a CK.

Also, a matter of interpretation how many games you need to get Entomologist. ;)

EDIT: ok, if Iron/Steel/Eternium doesn't require quitting the game, it can be combined with one of those.
Also, if the Eternium Man achievement is literally "do not visit any other places before level 50" then Steel & Eternium can be combined.

Soirana
08-19-2016, 01:52 AM
Technically you can do steelman, pop in the SMC to get eternium and then win (pulling ultra with few in game years passed might be a problem). Ironman requires exiting chain (iirc).

Need to add chaos regular ending (bad but good one). First char in theory can cover true ascension (throw away the key will be covered by speedrun).

So realistically ~9 wins + steelman grind. Further compression requires save/load or memory editor.

Harkila
08-19-2016, 05:26 AM
Getting True Ascension and Let Fate Decide on one character is pretty much stretching it. Sure, you'll need a ton of gameplay luck anyway, but this would be excessive.

Soirana
08-19-2016, 01:39 PM
Getting True Ascension and Let Fate Decide on one character is pretty much stretching it. Sure, you'll need a ton of gameplay luck anyway, but this would be excessive.

Well, I took it as more of mental exercise for minimal ascensions. Personally, I messed up plant hater about thee times (typically forgetting about that and running in some herb patches deep in CoC).

Clearing achievements in ten ascensions (and obligatory one death,lol) would be quite a feature.

JellySlayer
08-19-2016, 06:11 PM
Well, I took it as more of mental exercise for minimal ascensions. Personally, I messed up plant hater about thee times (typically forgetting about that and running in some herb patches deep in CoC).

Clearing achievements in ten ascensions (and obligatory one death,lol) would be quite a feature.

How close are you to Grandmaster now?

Soirana
08-19-2016, 08:31 PM
How close are you to Grandmaster now?

I lack lithium (cause it's broken), eternium (cause I refuse to do it in fake steel way, but I have several promising necros rolled) and speed ones (cause I suck at speed running).