PDA

View Full Version : Need confirmation for potential bug with altar generation

Blank4u47
09-16-2016, 04:07 AM
I have a n= mist elf paladin in r69 and do far every altar had been generated as nuetral. This could be a coincidence, but I've had about 10 altars generated as nuetral for this guy with no deviance. This is my first character made in r69 so far, so I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

blunk
09-16-2016, 05:45 AM
I've had a lot of altars of various align playing r69 so its more likely a rare coincidence.

Couchfighter
09-16-2016, 09:52 AM
R69 hurthling beastfighter, first altar discovered was neutral. Also played a gnome paladin who saw a fair mix of lawful and neutral altars.

blunk
09-16-2016, 11:27 AM
On a somewhat related note, have anyone seen a pre dwarf town coc vault?
I've yet to see one I did get a 3x vault ud with one character.
Same with greater, none except for the garantueed ones.

Blank4u47
09-16-2016, 12:13 PM
Guess it's just a coincidence.

Actually in this game I found a vault in d2 or s.

On a different note, has anyone noticed the greater vault in FGJC5 is now much smaller and has a different configuration?

_Ln_
09-16-2016, 12:18 PM

On a different note, has anyone noticed the greater vault in FGJC5 is now much smaller and has a different configuration?

Probably because of this one from http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4357:

Although nothing has been changed here for years, I have slightly increased the chance for vaults and greater vaults. I also have added two new maps for greater vaults.

blunk
09-16-2016, 12:24 PM

I got that as a "small" GGV in d42. But FGJC was standard.
The D42 layout looked a bit weird/shifted as in misplaced, can post a screenshot later.

Blank4u47
09-16-2016, 01:16 PM
Good to know! Now I can't wait to try out the hammer of the gods fix! Supposedly it uses 2 handed weapon skill now.

On a side note, although I had to stop playing for the night, the FGJC5 vault was kinda fun, it seems slightly easier now, with less artifacts so instead of going in at lvl 16 and coming out at lvl 30-35 with tons of artifacts, it seems like I'll come out lvl 25ish with 1 artifact (staff of archmagi blah.)

blunk
09-16-2016, 03:51 PM
Pic of supposedly new greater vault.
Found one artifact in it.

Blank4u47
09-16-2016, 04:05 PM
Yep! That's the same one I got, except I got red dragons

_Ln_
09-16-2016, 07:24 PM
Can I request a pic with walls present? Unless there are some secret walls or rooms not full of enemies, this looks like it's pretty easy to clear. No way to get cornered by strong monsters from both sides, corridors set perfect to bolt or use pets.

Any huge gold patches or there is a single designated treasure spot (below the titan on the pic)?

blunk
09-16-2016, 10:32 PM
Can I request a pic with walls present? Unless there are some secret walls or rooms not full of enemies, this looks like it's pretty easy to clear. No way to get cornered by strong monsters from both sides, corridors set perfect to bolt or use pets.

Any huge gold patches or there is a single designated treasure spot (below the titan on the pic)?

Sry didnt make an after shot, I think I read magic map and no hidden areas.
Yes one titan was easy peasy.

Blank4u47
09-17-2016, 03:54 AM

i tried to get a screen shot with the new vault config, but when i copied it to this from notepad it got all screwy.

anyways, to answer your questions there's really no secret walls, its as straightforward as it seems. there was 1 artifact under the main boss and 5 piles of gold set in this configuration;

$
$$
($$
$$
$

Soirana
09-17-2016, 03:57 AM
Either the new one, or some map generation failure

################### ######### #####################
#.................... ........# #........./.........#
#...#.#....#......# .........# #/#########......@..#
#...#.######..##############...# #.......# #.........#
#.......*.[#........#...#......# ###############.>.....# ###########
#[.####..*[##[......#...#####..# #.^......./.../.......#
#%[#...*.#[*..###.......#......# #.........############# #
####........#..%.**...............########........ .# .
#.....#############[############..*....../.........##### ##########
####[[.....#.......*.....#....[..[########........./..... ./.......# .
#....#%.#.#...........#%.(.....# ###/###.####### #.......# .. .
#....#....#..........[#..####### #.# #.# #.......# # ...
#....#.#######........#........# #/###/# #.....[.###.....
###...................#....#...# #.....# #......./.......
#..[......#....................# #.....###########.......########
#..[########################...# #.............../.../...#
#[.*..%............]...%./.....# #########################
################################

don't have shot before since I didn't have means to detect monsters. Giants, fire giant kings in the room of the middle (upper opening was secret wall. others were present, so titan went around).

Blank4u47
09-17-2016, 04:00 AM
is that the D42 one? or the FGJC5 one? its way different than the one i just did.

Soirana
09-17-2016, 04:32 AM
is that the D42 one? or the FGJC5 one? its way different than the one i just did.

d46 (10chars)

blunk
09-18-2016, 10:39 AM
Seems Greater Vaults have been toned down (maybe ninja nerfed as the kids would say).

Got a GUV that I cleaned easy with a gnome assassin, had 11 lich kings and 1 emperor.
The second was a similar layout firevault with 11 anc reds and 1 wyrm.
Feels more sane compared to the huge GUVs which could have as many as 10 emperors.
Maybe they still exist but are more rare....