PDA

View Full Version : Why the characters are so gluttonous?

Zap-zapper
11-17-2016, 10:26 AM
Seriosily, they need like four large rations (weighting 10 kg each, 40 kg of food total) to go up from hungry to satiated, and they start to die from starvation in three in-game days. Why characters in this game are so fat?

Soirana
11-17-2016, 11:04 AM
Seriosily, they need like four large rations (weighting 10 kg each, 40 kg of food total) to go up from hungry to satiated, and they start to die from starvation in three in-game days. Why characters in this game are so fat?

Large rations include one-use magical oven in order to heat up the food.

Magic stuff is very heavy (due to arcane reasons)by default... single spellbook is 20kg in order to describe as simple as Light...

SinsI
11-17-2016, 02:33 PM
Starting Human Fighter started to starvate after 4d 10h, so it is a bit longer than that.

Spellbooks are 100 stones*50 gram/stone = 5kg each.
20 kg is the complete collection of Confucious works.

As for actual reasons - it is, obviously, the gameplay ones, to stimulate you to move around and to force you to carry extra luggage.
Also, don't forget that not all food is for you - artifacts consume energy, too.

Blasphemous
11-17-2016, 09:43 PM
Large rations include one-use magical oven in order to heat up the food.

Citation or it didn't happen.

Magic stuff is very heavy (due to arcane reasons)

Citation or...

None of this stuff is in the game hence is up for a challenge. Either make TB explain it or change the weight to 1/10.
Why does a book weigh twice as much as a fucking climbing set?

Grond
11-18-2016, 01:52 AM
Citation or...

Magic can weigh you down in spectacular fashion,
be it in books or an enormous ration.
Throw away that oven arcane,
stuff that knowledge into your brain.

I guess wands, scrolls, and potions weighing so little is inconsistent - maybe we should RFE that. ;)

blunk
11-18-2016, 08:25 AM

Its not the characters it's the rations.
Various food provide different satiation and large rations not only weigh a huge amount they also provide a small amount of satiation.
On the plus side they are very available in a non danger area for a low price.

Blasphemous
11-18-2016, 09:11 AM
I guess wands, scrolls, and potions weighing so little is inconsistent - maybe we should RFE that. ;)

Nice, didn't know that particular minstrel song. Also I'm not so sure the 'oven arcane' refers to the rations but whatever.

If somebody posts an RFE like this, I'll take personal slight and make the effort of traveling to where they live and kick their asses ;)

Zap-zapper
11-18-2016, 09:36 AM
Its not the characters it's the rations.
Various food provide different satiation and large rations not only weigh a huge amount they also provide a small amount of satiation.
On the plus side they are very available in a non danger area for a low price.

Okay, another example. You need four melons to go up from hungry to satiated. Four. Melons. You couldn't ever eat even one, I bet.

Soirana
11-18-2016, 10:02 AM
Okay, another example. You need four melons to go up from hungry to satiated. Four. Melons. You couldn't ever eat even one, I bet.

They must eat only some part of it. Seeds maybe?

grobblewobble
11-18-2016, 11:48 AM
Think about this: the most filling "food" by far is a herb. Who has a massive craving for herbs all the time?

The second best type of "food" is dubious stuff sold by shady dealers outside of the arena.

See the truth yet?

That's right. Adom "food" has nothing to do with nutrition, the characters are just drug addicts. "Bloated" is an euphemism for being high; "Starving" really means cold turkey. And the "nutrition" value of "food" only depends on the amount of psychedelic components it contains.

Blank4u47
11-18-2016, 12:15 PM
Think about this: the most filling "food" by far is a herb. Who has a massive craving for herbs all the time?

The second best type of "food" is dubious stuff sold by shady dealers outside of the arena.

See the truth yet?

That's right. Adom "food" has nothing to do with nutrition, the characters are just drug addicts. "Bloated" is an euphemism for being high; "Starving" really means cold turkey. And the "nutrition" value of "food" only depends on the amount of psychedelic components it contains.

Well that explains why only some monsters leave corpses--- only a few are high! or maybe some are hallucinations?

Grond
11-18-2016, 03:13 PM

Is Chaos the true threat indeed?
How can hunger be so sated by a weed?
A man can survive without food for a week,
what are you, some kind of gluttonous freak?

If you need thugs to defend your lunch,
that is clearly not food on which you munch.
A farmer who only herbs can grow,
should not fear the sheriff of Terinyo.

That poor wandering drunk
needs food, not more of your junk!
Get help ere you OD,
lest you become a madman like me.

I wonder what kind of wild party provided all of his corpses. ;)

Phoobnahr
11-19-2016, 05:19 AM
I wonder what kind of wild party provided all of his corpses. ;)

excellent and on-point mad minstrel poem... It was so well done that I had to look it up to confirm that it isn't a real one!

mjkittredge
11-20-2016, 03:33 PM
Those moments where game balance in a fantasy world run into our concepts of realism.

I want to see a picture of these large rations that weigh more than body armor yet fill you up less than a cake full of body parts. It must be an oven included with them. Honestly, the rations weigh more than my hurthling does. And somehow I'm carrying 5 of them.

OutreCiel
11-22-2016, 12:35 PM

From that point of view my characters are constantly high. I like the idea !