PDA

View Full Version : Seriously ill luck

Blank4u47
11-27-2016, 03:56 PM
I'm just getting back from a slight Adom burn-out, and the first character I play is a gnome farmer with the 'seriously ill' background. I'm seriously surprised how lucky I've been so far, I've found chainmail -3,+8 and a few other minor 'enhanced' equipment in vd.
Besides the equipment though, it seems I'm leveling super fast, I turned lvl 14 after beating PC and I havnt entered UD yet either.

Soirana
11-27-2016, 05:30 PM
it seems I'm leveling super fast

Initial level up xp requirements depend on stats, and later scale of initial... It always been that way, no?

Blank4u47
11-27-2016, 06:43 PM
Initial level up xp requirements depend on stats, and later scale of initial... It always been that way, no?

Yep, true. I think I forgot about that. Is it just stat dependent? Or dependent on str.?
as for the luck portion, it remains to be seen I guess. But I just don't remember getting so much above average equipment in the starter dungeons, and I've found 5 altars already and all I've done is VD and PC.

ghostjghost
11-28-2016, 12:22 AM
Gnomes require the least amount of experience to level.

Additionally, Hurthlings get a special *0.8 bonus to Xp requirement, Gnomes even better *0.75 bonus, Humans *0.86 bonus. Trolls get a *2.5 penalty. - IGB

I don't know the specifics of how stats effect exp requirements though as the in game manual is unclear in the description of the learning stat as to whether it affects exp requirements to level or simply improves how fast you learn/level skills.

Blank4u47
11-28-2016, 12:33 AM
I do know gnomes require the least xp, but this is a bit more ridiculous than normal, I can't remember ever being lvl 14 after just PC and VD, with a tiny gnoll vault and 0 tension rooms, no raider lord or random encounters either. Only hard stuff was 3 ogre magi in PC 5 on way to stairs. I'm on day 8, so I'm not sitting around scumming either.

Soirana
11-28-2016, 09:59 AM
Yep, true. I think I forgot about that. Is it just stat dependent? Or dependent on str.?

Rumor was it is dependent on St+Wi+Le+To. But I've never seen any data to back this.

Blank4u47
11-28-2016, 12:23 PM
Rumor was it is dependent on St+Wi+Le+To. But I've never seen any data to back this.

Well, after I win or get bored with this guy, I'll try another guy with this background and see what happens :)