PDA

View Full Version : Converting altar

mitres
01-02-2017, 04:53 PM
I'm crowned neutral, and thought I could convert a lawful altar by saccing a goblin chieftan. But I get a "Take this for your impudence," and all items are cursed. So which god did that and can I still convert altars after crowning? Thanks.

blunk
01-02-2017, 06:03 PM
I'm crowned neutral, and thought I could convert a lawful altar by saccing a goblin chieftan. But I get a "Take this for your impudence," and all items are cursed. So which god did that and can I still convert altars after crowning? Thanks.

That was the lawful diety that cursed you, as long as you didn't switch to L all is fine (sort of atleast).
To convert an altar you need a lot more than a live sac.
I'm not sure on the exact numbers but I usually go for atleast 40k gold, probably doable with less.

auricbond
01-02-2017, 06:40 PM
That was the lawful diety that cursed you, as long as you didn't switch to L all is fine (sort of atleast).
To convert an altar you need a lot more than a live sac.
I'm not sure on the exact numbers but I usually go for atleast 40k gold, probably doable with less.

You certainly can convert with live sacs early on. As far as I can tell the game understands a sac to either be 'small' or 'large'. What counts as large increases as the game progresses, most likely with level.

Blasphemous
01-02-2017, 06:57 PM
I regularly convert with live sacs but like auricbond said, it's in the early game.
The key problem in later game is that if you have been crowned, by accumulating sufficient piety with one deity, the other deities might be pretty angry with you.
Small sacrifices go to the altar's deity, big ones go to your deity.
That said, 5k gold is usually enough to convert, even for crowned or precrowned chars.
If you saced a lot then try 10k to be safe. 40k is a total overkill.

mitres
01-03-2017, 12:31 AM
Thanks. Now I get it. Seems like my god should be a bit more protective and less mercenary though :)

ghostjghost
01-03-2017, 03:54 AM
Thanks. Now I get it. Seems like my god should be a bit more protective and less mercenary though :)

lol, try telling that to any rl religious group.

Blasphemous
01-03-2017, 08:24 AM
Adom deities are much more like the old testament vengeful Yahweh than your typical turn-the-other-cheek Jesus.
On the bright side, they actually offer some tangible, physical benefits in exchange for being pious.

Phoobnahr
01-03-2017, 08:48 AM
Seems like my champion should be a bit more faithful and less mercenary though...
-Mitres' god after he makes a sacrifice on another god's altar