PDA

View Full Version : Adom Deluxe

theacidrainman
03-07-2008, 06:48 PM
I remember that quite some time ago, there was something said on the main site about ADOM Deluxe, a commercial version of ADOM with a lot of features not available with the standard downloadable version that I've been playing since 0.8.4. I was wondering if anyone else knew anything about this, such as if Thomas was still considering this (like I said, it has been a long time since I heard anything about that), and if he is still working on it, how I may be able to contribute to it.

Baranor
03-07-2008, 06:55 PM
My guess (and it is just that a guess) is that JADE is the new ADOM Deluxe.

BenMathiesen
03-08-2008, 12:07 PM
I would certainly pay for a premium version of JADE with some of the features he had in mind for ADOM deluxe (in particular non-random character creation).

Ben

theacidrainman
03-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Yes, that would make sense. Afterall, the forums are for ADOM and JADE, not the deluxe version of ADOM. Since this is something that I enjoy, I think I'll make use of the Donation button. I guess that's one way of contributing..

Dougy
03-08-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm glad ADOM didn't really take the commercial route. To make ADOM Deluxe work it'd have to contain something special when compared to ADOM itself, right? By the sounds of things, it would have been pretty much the same as ADOM with a few extra gimmicks thrown in.

Grey
03-08-2008, 10:45 PM
If there were a Deluxe version, I might buy it, but I don't think I'd play it as much as the normal version. The "extra features" would presumably make it easier, and thus it'd be no use for official victories and challenge game attempts. I prefer having the normal version and the donate button.

Sradac
12-30-2008, 05:40 PM
(Thread Necromancy!)

"quest options (play the game without being able to attack in melee, without being able to use magic, without being able to wear armor, ...)"

right outa the adom deluxe desction of adom central. that'd be cool, make it possible to actually RECORD a challenge mode in the flg and have a score that represents that. and no cheaters either!