PDA

View Full Version : The degree of luck

Nezur
04-08-2018, 04:55 PM
Will Ultimate ADOM be as random as ADOM proper?

Some randomness is probably required to increase replayability to create a different world each time for example. However, as I see it, there are a lot of luck factors in ADOM that impair the gameplay by unneededly reducing the impact of player actions. For instance, many combat-related aspects like especially critical hits are a bit luck-based.

pjsb1
04-09-2018, 04:26 AM
Critical hits happen but in ADOM there is the fate smiles intrinsic which keeps crits from killing you outright and instead they leave you at 1 hp. So things can be quite random but there are ways to make it fair.

Pustka
04-13-2018, 08:00 AM
Will Ultimate ADOM be as random as ADOM proper?

Some randomness is probably required to increase replayability to create a different world each time for example. However, as I see it, there are a lot of luck factors in ADOM that impair the gameplay by unneededly reducing the impact of player actions. For instance, many combat-related aspects like especially critical hits are a bit luck-based.

so let me get this right, you wan't a game without critical hits ? :confused: this is the bread and butter of role playing games and by extension CRPGs in all shapes or forms. I really don't get your point :)